Smita Played Sixteen year old Padmini in Itihaas!

Posted: 10 years ago

Hi Guys!

Sorry for bothering you here but  since long I am searching for the name of an actor I loved .

It was Balaji Telefilms serial ''Itihaas''

When the show was on air I was a kid so I remember not teh name of characters and  to be honest that time we never had forums and all so never bothered about teh real name of characters. But I do remember that the background music of the show always spell bounded me!๐Ÿ˜Š

Smita Bansal  played estranged daughter of  Princess Ambika (Also known as Shivani and A;leeza in double role)   All I am curious to know is the name of the actor  who played Princess Ambika/Shivani in Itihaas! It was a heartthrobbing story of Three sisters Sheetal  Shivani/Ambika and Suneeta One of them was played by  Prabha Sinha(She also played Sumit's mother in Kkmkum)  But I am only intersted in teh actor who played Smita (Padmini) 's mother in the show!

I wish I cud have asked it from Smita or Ekta!

I researched a lot but no clues about the actor!

Plz Help!!!!! Thanks in Advance!
i was a fan of this show too...does anyone know whether the episodes are available online?
Originally posted by lovesunshine

i was a fan of this show too...does anyone know whether the episodes are available online?
i think its epis shud b available on-line. and it came on DD.and chanykya which also came on DD & its epis r also available on-line on YT so i think epis shud b available.it was a gud show bcoz till then ekta didn't resorted 2 her ususal stupidities.
Originally posted by tiny15

i think its epis shud b available on-line. and it came on DD.and chanykya which also came on DD & its epis r also available on-line on YT so i think epis shud b available.it was a gud show bcoz till then ekta didn't resorted 2 her ususal stupidities.
i tried YT but by typing itihaas it only comes up with a bollywood movie4 of the same name๐Ÿ˜•

Thank You Friends!

Lovsunshine,  I got two of the episodes downloaded (Episode one and two) from Balaji Telifilm's you tube channel! My friends in Pavitrav Rishta forum  guessed that Balaji has started uploading Itihaas episodes very recently and even I think so as I only got two episodes that too first and second! Though I wud look forward to have it all!

I loved this show specially the background music at that time it appealed as one of its kind! And the storryline was also toucjing specially when it came to Joan David and her estranged daughter Smita Bansal who was kinda stolen by the maid  Kaushlaya/Savita Prabhune (Sulochna of Paviytra Rishta)

And the Nani (Pratima Kazmi)  of Uttran played a  very intersesting role of Khabri to princess Ambika!Shivani๐Ÿ˜† Prabha Sinha  (Sumit's Mother in kkumkum) and Priya Tendulkar ( Dead daughter of famous writer Vijay Tendulkar ) Also played Ambika's onscreen sisters.

And I got to know taht Joan David also portrayed th character of Richa  in banegi apni baat   (Some Zee tv show I havebn't watched)
Thanks Amber i will try checking YT again ..

yea the background music was also superb...n little spooky..n the scene /view of ambika's mansion from outside spooked me..

n that khabri used to give khabars to everyone :) even stars like hiten tejwani had made their debut in this serial...but i do not remember how the serial was concluded , what was its end?

i used to watch banegi apni baat little bit n smita bansal, actor who plays bhairav and surekha sikri all were there on that show as well..:)
Edited by lovesunshine - 10 years ago
Originally posted by tiny15

it was one of ekta's earliest show, she had not learnt the tricks of the trade yet..and i loved the show..one of the earliest star-studded shows..btw, it also had choti-ma in the show, as the DIL of ambika's sister.. and smita bansal had done a great job of it..she was one of my favs tht time..

The mention of Smita playing 16 year old made me curious and I checked it out...turns out I remember watching this show when i was little...Dont remember the story much but it does have some amazing actors and some of them i really liked.๐Ÿ˜ƒ...I just saw there is an episode on youtube. I just googled 'Itihaas serial'

Originally posted by ayesha321

The mention of Smita playing 16 year old made me curious and I checked it out...turns out I remember watching this show when i was little...Dont remember the story much but it does have some amazing actors and some of them i really liked.๐Ÿ˜ƒ...I just saw there is an episode on youtube. I just googled 'Itihaas serial'

yea but sad they have uploaded only two episodes of this show..i really wish they upload all the episodes as i dont remember what happens
Originally posted by Amberpreet

Thank You Friends!

Lovsunshine,  I got two of the episodes downloaded (Episode one and two) from Balaji Telifilm's you tube channel! My friends in Pavitrav Rishta forum  guessed that Balaji has started uploading Itihaas episodes very recently and even I think so as I only got two episodes that too first and second! Though I wud look forward to have it all!

I loved this show specially the background music at that time it appealed as one of its kind! And the storryline was also toucjing specially when it came to Joan David and her estranged daughter Smita Bansal who was kinda stolen by the maid  Kaushlaya/Savita Prabhune (Sulochna of Paviytra Rishta)

And the Nani (Pratima Kazmi)  of Uttran played a  very intersesting role of Khabri to princess Ambika!Shivani๐Ÿ˜† Prabha Sinha  (Sumit's Mother in kkumkum) and Priya Tendulkar ( Dead daughter of famous writer Vijay Tendulkar ) Also played Ambika's onscreen sisters.

And I got to know taht Joan David also portrayed th character of Richa  in banegi apni baat   (Some Zee tv show I havebn't watched)

@bold Yeah and it was Surekha Sikri who played her mom in that. But I think Joan was replaced with Shefali Chayya in later episodes.

Originally posted by lovesunshine

Thanks Amber i will try checking YT again ..

yea the background music was also superb...n little spooky..n the scene /view of ambika's mansion from outside spooked me..

n that khabri used to give khabars to everyone :) even stars like hiten tejwani had made their debut in this serial...but i do not remember how the serial was concluded , what was its end?

i used to watch banegi apni baat little bit n smita bansal, actor who plays bhairav and surekha sikri all were there on that show as well..:)

I don't remember Smita and Anup Soni on the show but do remember Sadia Siddiqui, who plays Anandi's teacher, in that. She played the vamp in that show. What really surprised me was that she looks exactly the same even after all these years ๐Ÿ˜ฒ!

I remember seeing Smita for the 1st time in Amanat on Zee TV. Coincidentally she played a medical student in that. She is another person who looks just the same even now. Anyone seen that show?