Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Female Avatar-doubt topic (Page 2)

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by Joyel

1.)  Did Mahadev take any female avatar just like Mohini form of Mahavishnu?

2.)   Demon Durgasur and Manushyasur were to be killed only by female Goddess Parvati.My question is why could Mahavishnu takes his Mohini form of Avatar to kill these demons instead of the help from goddess Parvati.Whether this incident already fixed by destiny?Confused

I have an answer to your question No.1. This is a very interesting story, one of Lord Shiva's several leelas and set in a place called Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu.

There was once a lady belonging to the vaishya (trading / merchant) community. Her daughter, who was living in a nearby village was in advanced state of pregnancy and the news came to her that the daughter had developed labour pains. The mother immediately started her journey towards her daughter's house. But soon it started raining heavily and when the mother came to the banks of  Kaveri, the river was in a state of flood. 

As many would be knowing, the River Kaveri is at its broadest in this region.

It was near impossible for the mother to cross the river. An ardent devotee of Lord Shiva, she prayed to the Great Lord for a miracle.

Meanwhile, the daughter, who was still waiting for her mother, fainted due to the severity of labour pains. But just before fainting, she was relieved to see her mother walking through the door and helping her through the delivery.

The next morning, when the rains subsided, the mother came rushing to the daughter's house, only to find that the daughter had already given birth. She apologized for not being present to help her daughter, but the daughter insisted that she (the mother) had indeed been present and it was she who had helped her through the delivery.

The mother was puzzled, since she had spent the night across the  river, unable to cross it. So who could it have been who came in the guise of  the mother?

No prizes for guessing the answer.

There is a temple for Lord Shiva here (in Tiruchirapalli) where He is known as Tayumavar (One who took the form of a mother). In Sanskrit, his name is Matrubhuteshwar.

Wow Varali.

Thanks for info.

You are always used to give many interesting info of Mythology.

And you are also excellent writer.

How can you know many Mytho stories????

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mithilaridsJoyelvaraaliNandiniRaizadaa

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged
^^^^^ Actually this is quite a famous story down south. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

^^^^^ Actually this is quite a famous story down south. 

But not for only this...i have always seen many writings of yours in forum.

Even in Maharana Pratap forum sometimes & also Your OS are always great.Smile

Edited by Proud-India - 27 June 2013 at 3:06am

Joyel

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Thank you. Big smile

Proud-India

Joyel IF-Dazzler
Joyel
Joyel

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:36am | IP Logged

Thanks Vaarali for info. 

Thanks Proud-India for mutual communications.

What about the second question?CrySmile

Proud-India

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:55am | IP Logged

Thanks Vaarali for info. 

Thanks Proud-India for mutual communications.

What about the second question?CrySmile

As far as your second question goes, I can only take a guess. Mahishasur, Durgasur, Shumbha Nishumbha, et all who got a boon of not being killed by anyone other than a woman, had to be killed by exactly like that - by a woman. Which is why Parvati /Durga / Ambika had to step in.

Vishnu or any other male god taking a female avatar would not qualify as a woman. It would still be a case of male transforming into a woman.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish.JoyelProud-IndiaNandiniRaizadaa

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:41am | IP Logged

Dear mnx and reeti.poly.

I have already posted some doubts in discussion thread which i didn't get any response from the members.And one important fact is that only few of them visits this discussion thread,so i decided to post such doubts in public main forum which some of them will notice such doubts and may reply which is to be true in the case i already asked about the doubt of King cobra of MahavishnuLOL yesterday and I got many response from the public.

If u know such answers please post it here.

so mnx and reeti.poly pls post the answers here and then u can lock this thread after getting approppriate answers from other members if they know such answers.Smile

Joyel, I remember answering your question in D & D thread.

This was your Q
Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged

I even confuse the word megastar and superstar as they are synonymous or interrelated.I hope there is no difference in it.Comming to the topic,in devimahatmiyam shakthi tells that Brahma is the creator,Vishnu is the lord of the lords and Shiva is the greatest god.Meantime,both lord of the lords and greatest god are having the same meaning.Are both of them vishnu and shiva the powerful gods having the same qualities and vishnu can also be called as devokadeva if the phrase is true.yesterday parvati visioned the samudramanthan in advance,so parvati is also a trikaladarshi.Both vishnu and lakshmi expected the curse given by durvasa in advance,so vishnu and lakshmi also trikaladarshis.My ? is how many trikaladarshis in hinduism other than mahadev?

This was the A, given by me.
Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Regarding who is greatest among all, the answer may vary as their believers consider whom they pray as the supreme. But Mahadev is refered to as Devadhi Dev. The Samudra Manthan story shows why he is so important. As varaali has mentioned in other thread, he had Halahal so that others can enjoy Amrit.
The ultimate aim of a soul, is to the attain the Supreme Consciousness. One can take whatever name, path as per their karma, surrounding, family, destiny, the final goal is the same.
Regarding Trikaldarshis, all  the Gods & Goddess, know past, present future. Some rishis too were capable of seeing them upto certain extent.

Please check the facts before saying there was no response next time.
It may happen, you may not get immidiate answer there but someone will surely answer, when they come online. The best part about that thread is the posts given there stays in one thread unlike other threads which may get lost after some days. So in future if anyone refering to D & D thread, can get that info. & yes all the threads in this forum are public onlyLOL  D & D thread is kept under Important topics, so that everyone can notice it. One just have to see & read it.Smile

Edited by mnx12 - 27 June 2013 at 5:14am

NandiniRaizadaa

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Varani very good answer to both the question

Lord Vishnu killed  bhasmasur as he had not taken any woman man boom. He took mohini form so that to save shiva from being turned to ashes,  but that does not mean shiva could not have saved himself. Shiva is as almighty as Vishnu . 

It's just that lord protects the boons or curse given by him or any other righteous souls . God can break his own rules but doesn't.  So to protest the boon given by shiva Vishnu took form of mohini

What varani said is correct if Vishnu had taken mohini form to kill mahish or durg it would have amounted to cheating

It's not that Vishnu or shiva in their pure form could not have destroyed these demons. They could have. But again that would have amounted to cheating

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 27 June 2013 at 5:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12Joyel

Go to top