sanju_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
A random thought came to my mind..so i thought to penning it down..its a kriya's pov
The thoughts n feelings of a girl before arranged maariage..

I stood by the window,my thoughts drifting away,tears filling my eyes..it is the day before my marriage..my arranged marriage..This was the last thing i wanted never in my life i dreamt about an arranged marriage..

"kriya turn off your light n go to sleep"my mom entered my room and took some dirty clothes n left..she didn' see the tears in my eyes as my back was turned to her..

I felt so trapped and lost, I knew my marriage would change my life forever, but I had never imagined this. Every girl dreams about her wedding, it's a once in a lifetime occasion, for most. Like most, I thought of standing next to the love of my life, awaiting to be pernouced his wife. But, perhaps this was only meant to happen in my dreams, never to be brought into reality.

Tomorrow is my life's biggest day..i'm getting married to the famous buisness man Reyaansh singhaniya..All I know of him is his name, his age, his profession, anything a simple acquaintance may know...how could i marry a man i never knew??

I walked over to my bed..why did i agree to this marriage? why did i let them shatter all my dreams?It was then that I spotted the bottle of sleeping pills on the corner of my dressing table. I had bought it a month ago, yearning to end my life. I hoped to escape all my troubles. But my friends had talked me out of it.

Tonight there was no one..one to stop me..i walked over to my dressing table but before i reached there my phone vibrated flashing the name swayam..

'swayam' my best friend..whom i could share everything..I hesitated before picking up the phone, unsure of what I wanted most, to end my life or to talk to my close friend.

"hello"

"hey, kriya..how's u jaan??"

"swayam i'm okk..how r u??"

"hmm..fine..so are you ready for the biggest day tomorrow??"

"i guess..i..i..i don't know"she started crying

"hey what happened? u alright?

"yes swayam..i'm perfectly alright n i'm so happy.."she controlled her tears..

""Oh, sweetheart, perhaps you need some sleep, I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning, alright?"

i looked over at the bottle of sleeping pills,"yes i need some sleep"

I hung up, tossing the phone onto my bed and watched it land next to my laptop. Grabbing a water bottle, I made my way toward the bottle of sleeping pills, once again. I secretly hoped that this was all a long nightmare, but I knew it wasn't, so I picked up the small bottle and opened the lid, my hand slightly trembling. I shook the bottle and a few pills rolled onto my hand.

"This is it".."This is the end of kriya"

i brought the pills to my lips..at the exact moment my cell beeped..i turned to take it but my hand hitted on the books kept it it in the shelf n a book fell down from there.. i took it "101 reasons why you shoul live"

One by one, I read each reason, tears falling from my eyes. "How could I ever think of killing myself after this?" I thought. Sighing, I closed the book and curled up on my bed. By some miracle, my eyes closed and I was fast asleep within seconds...

The next morning my friends entered my room "kriya wake up..its ur day"I woke up and feelings like all eyes were on me, I felt like even my furniture was staring at me.

I made my way to washroom n have a long shower.."kriya, what make it so long...be quick"my cousin called..

before i knew it,i was wrapped in the red bridal dress n my make up n hair all done..Neha handed me a boquet of flowers, "You look beautiful." She smiled. Everyone had told me that, but not once had I glanced in the mirror, there were going to be enough pictures and videos to remind me of this horrible nightmare, I didn't need to see it myself.

My friends lead me to the stage where the groom sat accompanied by the priest..My parents stood there filled with tears in their eyes..

i took my place beside the groom never glancing up..finally the moment came.."tie the knot" the priest said..i closed my eyes as the groom tied the knot.. a single tear escape out my eyes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is your thoughts before marriage ha.."he laughed at her

"Reyyy.."she yelled at him"waise..thank god i didn't eat the pills..isliye i got u rey..i'm so lucky to have u rey"..

" me too" n he kissed her forehead

"so rey batao..what's your feelings before marriage??"

"meriii..."

Now kriya is very much comfortable in her new life with her husband...she is now cursing herself for the bad thoughts she had just before her marriage..

"My life is not over, my dreams not shattered, i have much life waiting for me with my husband"

end

sorry for the typo error...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neha_KR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Res
unres
luved this os very much.
Kria's frnds r so caring.
U wrote beautifully about d feelings of bride b4 arranged marriage.
I pray to god tht ese thoughts apke mann me ate rahe nd hume ese mast works padhne ko mile.
Thnx 4 pm.Edited by Neha_KR - 10 years ago
Kanchi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
res
Unres

Amazing osEdited by Kanchi.. - 10 years ago
Dreamer3003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
res

unres

amazing osπŸ‘

loovveedd itttπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by aishu3003 - 10 years ago
ArShiDelena thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome OS πŸ‘
Loved It 😊
AnnyLaughaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very well written os... nice... kriya n rey forever.. loved it.. m not such a big fan but still i reaaly lyked this.. new lyf beginning with rey.. amazing!
-spongy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
amazing
really well penned down
the emotions of a bride were well described
and kriya's friends
super caring
nice
thank you or the pm
do write more
and do pm me 😊