India-Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2
Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

Mohan is a father

KeerthiV Senior Member
KeerthiV
KeerthiV

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged

SO after surviving the horror of last night's episode, I log into the forum expecting to see loads of posts with some sincere critical analysis of last night's performances. Alas not to be. Instead I saw a dozen posts praising and hailing Mohan. Mohan is awesome; Mohan is kind, Mohan generous, blah blah blah…

The fact is that Mohan is none of the above. Mohan is a FATHER. Simple, straight and FACT! He is a father who loved his daughter enough to let her make her own decision. He is a father who believed in his daughter's love. He is a father who just wanted his daughter to be happy.  I don't think there are many fathers out there who would sprout an ego and sulk just because his daughter didn't do what he asked her to. He might be mad and angry for a few days but he WILL come around because that's what father's do.

As for Navi she did what every girl in love does. So I don't understand why she is being berated everywhere. How many times have we heard stories of girls defying their fathers? This happens in real life and we accept it then why do we find it so hard to accept it in a show? Why ? Because the hero of the show is not a human but a God?

And just for the records Navi did exactly what Mohan did all those years back. IF we race our collective memories we will remember that Mohan went against Indu to marry Megha. Even Indu had no way to know how good a person Megha is, much like Mohan. A marriage is always a leap of faith by one person

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

AjinkyaSawsarayooswargabawriforkunalsweety_virgo1Bella-EdwardSilentDreamerheydoc27ash2711SuniblmadhuriThePirateKingkiru_maauIshqDewaanideejagiLeesanS.H.I.E.L.D.Moner_Radiokunakshafan26PavaniShinyshivangi838dsgirlsumiswappc_palsHit.It.MissNeelimaSJJay_tapori-Ursh-

NeelimaSJ IF-Sizzlerz
NeelimaSJ
NeelimaSJ

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Excellent post!

Navi is being who she is and Mohan is being who he is. I don't think either of them are wrong. Navi is a grown individual who knows what she is doing and Mohan is a father who cannot help but worry about his daughter's future.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

KeerthiVheydoc27blmadhuriThePirateKingMoner_RadioLeesandsgirlsumiswapJay_taporiHit.It.Miss

ThePirateKing Goldie
ThePirateKing
ThePirateKing

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Good Post and a much needed perspective!! Neither Mohan or Navi are wrong, they are seeing from their own views and both are strong individuals.

Mohan being the father was concerned about his daughter regarding her future and Navi being an adult had faith in her love and took the decision based on that. Time will tell whether her decision was right or wrong.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

KeerthiVheydoc27blmadhuriLeesandsgirlsumiswapJay_taporiHit.It.Misspc_pals

RightWingTroll IF-Addictz
RightWingTroll
RightWingTroll

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Word ketki agree with everything including horror episode and mohan just went with na his gut feeling a d nothing extraordinary but this is mohan and anything he does is god like to ppl in the forum so leave it there though they could have exe uted scene in better way instead of nanhi rambling away

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

KeerthiVheydoc27blmadhuriMoner_RadioLeesansumiswapNeelimaSJHit.It.Miss

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:10am | IP Logged
My anger is not over the fact that Navika married Beera. I am frustrated because she absolutely did not think why Mohan was breaking her marriage at the last moment; why Mohan was taking such a drastic step all of a sudden. If Mohan was doing so when the wedding was about to be completed, there must be a super solid reason. 

Navika cannot just think that Mohan cares for her and so he was stopping her marriage cause that's foolish. No one would take such a drastic step just cause he/she cares for the other. Ever did she wonder what the big reason was for which Mohan was breaking the marriage? She did not even pay heed to it and just heard about Beera's honestly being questioned and the next moment, she defended Beera as his would-be-wife. Was she being Mohan's daughter once? Not at all, despite knowing her Spiderman really well and the fact that he knows what is good for her and would never do anything without reason.

Coming to Navika's deed compared with Mohan's, those cannot be compared at all. Mohan was against Navika's marriage with Beera because he found Beera as a cheater and any father would react in that way, whereas Indu was against Mohan-Megha's marriage just for Megha being the widow. Both the reasons are far different. 

I hated how Mohan had to stand like a mute, helpless father after Navika refused to believe him indirectly in front of all. My Nanhi was never like that. 

Edited by -MohanKiMeera- - 27 June 2013 at 12:16am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

souji2008desigabruKeerthiVheydoc27ilovedhanjanird

RightWingTroll IF-Addictz
RightWingTroll
RightWingTroll

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Well to be honest navika decision was right and history always repeats itself but I did not like execution of the scene as nanhi rambling away made it look like mohans insult instead they could have given mohan dialogue in mandap that he agrees with her but still does not trust beera and would b happy if proved wrong

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KeerthiVheydoc27blmadhuriMoner_RadioNeelimaSJ

dsgirl IF-Sizzlerz
dsgirl
dsgirl

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Good one..
I agree dat at dat moment no one was wrong...dey both did what dey felt was ryt at dat point..no point blaming anyone for it..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KeerthiVblmadhuriMoner_RadioLeesansumiswapNeelimaSJHit.It.Miss

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Execution has certainly made the scene different. It made Navika look as if she indirectly treated Mohan's words absolutely nothing at all and Mohan a helpless, guilty father who could not stop his daughter from ruining her life. This is entirely my POV but after that scene, I could never connect with Mohan-Navika at all, not even in the bidaai scene later. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

desigabruKeerthiVheydoc27

Go to top