Pakistani Serials

India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Mohabbat Subah Ka Sitara Hai | Spoilers: Page 1-13 (Page 99)

-anoshka- IF-Rockerz
-anoshka-
-anoshka-

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HeavenlyBliss.

Kyunki Nikkah hua hai abhi rukhsati nahi ki

Accha a lil confusing concept for me but very interesting.

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

by the way, are Zeeshan and that girl (forgot her character's name) engaged or have they had their nikah already? 

I believe they mentioned that their nikah is done - I hope there's no second marriage crap on this show!

Sorry to disappoint you but there is!LOL

wait, is Zeeshan married in the novel? Confused how is there any possibility of Romaisa and Zeeshan coming together if he's already married? unless Adeel's character pulls off a Shaam here and marries again..hope not! LOL

Nooo, no Shaam. PLEASE! LOL

I guess now we know that they'll get divorced. That's what I thought would happen from the beginning - Zeeshan and his fiance seem very different people. She doesn't value the same things he does, and that's evident from their earlier conversations and her constant comparisons to Nabeel and his lifestyle. I figured they would break it off for that reason, but I guess not. I wonder why the writer didn't just decide to keep it as an engagement that is later broken off. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

starstruckk

*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:08pm | IP Logged

@ Woh Ajnabee: Mikaal surely put on a lot of weight in this serial..it was very evident. I think Mikaal is a really good looking guy..he has a gorgeous face which helped him look okay LOL because in majority of the scenes he looked great face-wise but then that's about it. LOL ..and I say this as a crazy Mikaal fangirl. 

Okay, Star, you are crazy fangirl for all male actors thus far. Please tell me who you don't like. LOL

Yeah, Mikaal has a nice face, the body does not match up for me at all though. He needs to lose weight and get in shape. Adeel, on the other hand, is in good shape. Yay? LOL

I'll continue our other discussion on Sanam Jung here as well - she is not cutting it out for me. I don't know what the original characters in the book are like, but I don't like her adaptation of Rumaisa. I feel like Rumaisa should have been more innocent and simple than dumb. Some of the scenes about kaala jaadu and the magic 8 ball were eye-rolling moments for me, but I blame that on the character, not the actress. Out of curiosity, do these scenes exist in the book as well?

Back to Sanam Jung - she severely lacks in the expressions department for me. Her dialogue delivery is weak, and as I said before, the only reason she is tolerable is because of the character she is playing. She was playing a very similar role in Dil-e-Muztar as well, so it worked for her. For once, I wish I could hear her speak in a stronger voice. LOL

I guess her wardrobe on the show is weird because they want to make her appear "bechari", but even when she's with Nabeel, in some scenes, she has these large sizes on, and I don't get why. Don't get me wrong, I did think she looked cute in some scenes, but I am not connecting with the costume design completely. 

starstruckk

*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:18pm | IP Logged

I agree. 

I wish Romaisa had better characterization/development/everything else too..if that even makes sense. LOL I can't even understand how Umera Ahmed wrote such a weird, female character. As you've mentioned..Umera's female protagonists very different and unique..moreover, they at least have some substance. They're at least understandable. I have no clue where Romaisa came from. LOL By far, the worst character written by Umera IMO..and I say this as an ardent Umera Ahmed fan. Moreover, Sanam Jung is indeed mediocre at best. I said this a few pages ago,..that Romaisa is a lousy character to begin with especially when you keep in mind Umera's potential...on top of that, Jung's acting abilities aren't helping either. Sometimes, brilliant actors bring out the best in the most absurdly written characters. Do you think if Sanam Baloch played a Romaisa, it would've been the same as Sanam Jung playing Romaisa? Heck no. The nuances that Baloch uses to portray her characters make a huge difference..she could easily make this current portrayal of Romaisa ten times much better by merely using HER craft as an actress. While watching Sanam Jung's monotonous, confused expressions as Romaisa I can't help question whether she's confused? scared? helpless? out of it? zoned out? stupid? innocent? lost? in the moment? It just annoys the hell out of me.  LOL It's gotten to a point where I really don't know who's worse...the actress or the character? that's where you know something's wrong. 

LMAO - I know the sitaray and fishes were really annoying. Here you have Mikaal trying his level best as a performer..but then you have such a weird character in front of Nabeel..that I wasn't enjoying Nabeel-Romaisa's scenes. And, then I couldn't even understand Jung's expressions at times...which just made it worse for me. To give Sanam Jung some credit, she's much better at emotional scenes than she is with the whole bubbly/naive act. She's way too monotonous with the latter.

I hope to see Romaisa's character develop..I mean I'd like to think the circumstances she's in and has been in, should teach her a few things about life? I feel Nabeel's character has tried helping her grow but it wasn't enough I feel. 

Yeah! I do think Mikaal was great as Nabeel..to be honest, I wasn't feeling him as Nabeel in the initial few episodes but with every episode he did better..and I think in the last few episodes before Nabeel dies - Mikaal was doing really well. I wish he had a stronger actress opposite him because this was one of the few romantic/positive characters Mikaal has attempted in recent times..I just wish Nabeel wasn't opposite a Romaisa or perhaps a stronger actress was paired opposite him? Idk...all I know is, I enjoyed Mikaal and Mansha's scenes a lot more because I think Mansha has been awesome as Alia! 

c'mon Adeel does look pretty good in this serial!? LOL..but yeah, you're right..I always think he looks amazing...never thought otherwise. LOL

Hahaha. Yeah, the sitaray and fish scenes - and the magic 8 ball as I mentioned were a little odd for me. Was Nabeel talking to his wife or his daughter? I was a little confused. LOL

I won't completely discredit Umera Ahmed's depiction of the character, though. If Umera Ahmed wrote Rumaisa's character the way it is adapted on screen, I'm curious to see how Rumaisa's character develops. It is much easier to have an already developed character that is headstrong and knows who she is and what she wants and to depict the ordeal that she faces and how she overcomes that. It is, however, much more difficult to take an underdeveloped character that doesn't know who she is, or what she wants from life, and show how she develops into a strong character and faces the struggles that have come her way. I think if handled properly, Rumaisa's character can be one we come to like. As I said before, I think it's implied that Nabeel has changed Rumaisa in many ways, and I hope we'll see that soon. She is back to her old self right now, but I am hoping that soon she will snap out of it and stand up for herself. I hope it will be in order to protest her marriage to that scumbag Hassan - what a creep! 

In some ways, I think Rumaisa's character has to be naive and stupid, because that is why they showed that Nabeel fell for her. She was different. I think it's obvious there were a lot of smart girls that he could have married instead, but he fell for her simplicity, shall we call it? LOL I think that's kind of the point of the show. Otherwise, we'd be watching another Zindagi Gulzar Hai, right? Rich boy falls for poor girl with family drama. Or Kankar - rich boy falls for poor girl with bubbly personality minus the domestic violence issue. I guess Umera Ahmed went a different route this time, and we shall wait and see how it turns out. 

I love Mansha's character, and I'm really hoping we'll see more of her! She's hilarious. LOL

I will give you that - Adeel is a good looking guy! 

starstruckk

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

by the way, are Zeeshan and that girl (forgot her character's name) engaged or have they had their nikah already? 

I believe they mentioned that their nikah is done - I hope there's no second marriage crap on this show!

Sorry to disappoint you but there is!LOL

wait, is Zeeshan married in the novel? Confused how is there any possibility of Romaisa and Zeeshan coming together if he's already married? unless Adeel's character pulls off a Shaam here and marries again..hope not! LOL

Nooo, no Shaam. PLEASE! LOL

I guess now we know that they'll get divorced. That's what I thought would happen from the beginning - Zeeshan and his fiance seem very different people. She doesn't value the same things he does, and that's evident from their earlier conversations and her constant comparisons to Nabeel and his lifestyle. I figured they would break it off for that reason, but I guess not. I wonder why the writer didn't just decide to keep it as an engagement that is later broken off. 

That's exactly why I asked this question earlier..are they married or engaged? and since they ARE married, I don't quite understand how we'll see them getting a divorce..I don't know if it'll make sense. I also think they're two different kinds of people that value different things etc, however I feel it would've been better off if Umera kept them engaged. Lets see how this plays out. 
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:31pm | IP Logged

@ Woh Ajnabee: Mikaal surely put on a lot of weight in this serial..it was very evident. I think Mikaal is a really good looking guy..he has a gorgeous face which helped him look okay LOL because in majority of the scenes he looked great face-wise but then that's about it. LOL ..and I say this as a crazy Mikaal fangirl. 

Okay, Star, you are crazy fangirl for all male actors thus far. Please tell me who you don't like. LOL

Yeah, Mikaal has a nice face, the body does not match up for me at all though. He needs to lose weight and get in shape. Adeel, on the other hand, is in good shape. Yay? LOL

I'll continue our other discussion on Sanam Jung here as well - she is not cutting it out for me. I don't know what the original characters in the book are like, but I don't like her adaptation of Rumaisa. I feel like Rumaisa should have been more innocent and simple than dumb. Some of the scenes about kaala jaadu and the magic 8 ball were eye-rolling moments for me, but I blame that on the character, not the actress. Out of curiosity, do these scenes exist in the book as well?

Back to Sanam Jung - she severely lacks in the expressions department for me. Her dialogue delivery is weak, and as I said before, the only reason she is tolerable is because of the character she is playing. She was playing a very similar role in Dil-e-Muztar as well, so it worked for her. For once, I wish I could hear her speak in a stronger voice. LOL

I guess her wardrobe on the show is weird because they want to make her appear "bechari", but even when she's with Nabeel, in some scenes, she has these large sizes on, and I don't get why. Don't get me wrong, I did think she looked cute in some scenes, but I am not connecting with the costume design completely. 

lmao..hey, I like a lot of people..can't help it? LOL...but like you, I also consider myself a fan of Faisal Q, Fahad Mustafa and Fawad Khan..however, I also adore Mikaal and Adeel..but that's about it. LOL I used to be a huge fan of Mikaal when he was a supermodel, years back..whereas with Adeel, Junaid from Daam, perhaps goes down as one of my most adored male characters..so, I think somewhere I have this soft spot for both of them? As I've said before, I know they're not Faisal Qureshis..but I still like them and their work. And, with all the other male actors..I just judge them strictly off of their performances, with no bias whatsoever. LOL

Yeah, Mikaal does have a nice face..it's funny how this guy used to be one of Pak's top male supermodels once upon a time..and lately, he has been really out of shape. I think he has hit the gym though..LOL I believe Saba Qamar and Mikaal are starring in a new show soon..and from whatever picture I saw..it seemed as if he has shed some of the weight? lets see. He started gaining all of this weight post his marriage. 

Adeel is definitely in shape and on the other side of the spectrum when compared to Mikaal's current (lack of)  fitness..LOL 

I agree - Sanam Jung is weak in delivering apt expressions. I really don't understand her wardrobe at all. Someone please fire her custome designer because whatever she's wearing does not suit her body type at all. Even when she's with Nabeel who's rich as hell..her wardrobe is a failure. LOL..and not like the extensions at all..I don't understand why a bechari is supposed to have long ass hair with apparent split ends? LOL

Edited by starstruckk - 17 March 2014 at 8:31pm
HeavenlyBliss. IF-Addictz
HeavenlyBliss.
HeavenlyBliss.

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Oh I thought he stays married to her and thats why hes mean to Romaisa!

Anyways after watching episode 12 im confused at what happened at the end
The scene when Nabeel is talking to Romaisa on the phone and says he will bring a crystal ball so she can tell the future
and then suddenly they can't hear each other
and he calls her again and she can't hear him
and then she's locked in that room all ost and someone's calling her name and banging on the door
what was that?!

Plus there waone dialogue where his brother says For CHRIST'S sake :O If Umera has written that dialogue, I am disappointed.
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

I agree. 

I wish Romaisa had better characterization/development/everything else too..if that even makes sense. LOL I can't even understand how Umera Ahmed wrote such a weird, female character. As you've mentioned..Umera's female protagonists very different and unique..moreover, they at least have some substance. They're at least understandable. I have no clue where Romaisa came from. LOL By far, the worst character written by Umera IMO..and I say this as an ardent Umera Ahmed fan. Moreover, Sanam Jung is indeed mediocre at best. I said this a few pages ago,..that Romaisa is a lousy character to begin with especially when you keep in mind Umera's potential...on top of that, Jung's acting abilities aren't helping either. Sometimes, brilliant actors bring out the best in the most absurdly written characters. Do you think if Sanam Baloch played a Romaisa, it would've been the same as Sanam Jung playing Romaisa? Heck no. The nuances that Baloch uses to portray her characters make a huge difference..she could easily make this current portrayal of Romaisa ten times much better by merely using HER craft as an actress. While watching Sanam Jung's monotonous, confused expressions as Romaisa I can't help question whether she's confused? scared? helpless? out of it? zoned out? stupid? innocent? lost? in the moment? It just annoys the hell out of me.  LOL It's gotten to a point where I really don't know who's worse...the actress or the character? that's where you know something's wrong. 

LMAO - I know the sitaray and fishes were really annoying. Here you have Mikaal trying his level best as a performer..but then you have such a weird character in front of Nabeel..that I wasn't enjoying Nabeel-Romaisa's scenes. And, then I couldn't even understand Jung's expressions at times...which just made it worse for me. To give Sanam Jung some credit, she's much better at emotional scenes than she is with the whole bubbly/naive act. She's way too monotonous with the latter.

I hope to see Romaisa's character develop..I mean I'd like to think the circumstances she's in and has been in, should teach her a few things about life? I feel Nabeel's character has tried helping her grow but it wasn't enough I feel. 

Yeah! I do think Mikaal was great as Nabeel..to be honest, I wasn't feeling him as Nabeel in the initial few episodes but with every episode he did better..and I think in the last few episodes before Nabeel dies - Mikaal was doing really well. I wish he had a stronger actress opposite him because this was one of the few romantic/positive characters Mikaal has attempted in recent times..I just wish Nabeel wasn't opposite a Romaisa or perhaps a stronger actress was paired opposite him? Idk...all I know is, I enjoyed Mikaal and Mansha's scenes a lot more because I think Mansha has been awesome as Alia! 

c'mon Adeel does look pretty good in this serial!? LOL..but yeah, you're right..I always think he looks amazing...never thought otherwise. LOL

Hahaha. Yeah, the sitaray and fish scenes - and the magic 8 ball as I mentioned were a little odd for me. Was Nabeel talking to his wife or his daughter? I was a little confused. LOL

I won't completely discredit Umera Ahmed's depiction of the character, though. If Umera Ahmed wrote Rumaisa's character the way it is adapted on screen, I'm curious to see how Rumaisa's character develops. It is much easier to have an already developed character that is headstrong and knows who she is and what she wants and to depict the ordeal that she faces and how she overcomes that. It is, however, much more difficult to take an underdeveloped character that doesn't know who she is, or what she wants from life, and show how she develops into a strong character and faces the struggles that have come her way. I think if handled properly, Rumaisa's character can be one we come to like. As I said before, I think it's implied that Nabeel has changed Rumaisa in many ways, and I hope we'll see that soon. She is back to her old self right now, but I am hoping that soon she will snap out of it and stand up for herself. I hope it will be in order to protest her marriage to that scumbag Hassan - what a creep! 

In some ways, I think Rumaisa's character has to be naive and stupid, because that is why they showed that Nabeel fell for her. She was different. I think it's obvious there were a lot of smart girls that he could have married instead, but he fell for her simplicity, shall we call it? LOL I think that's kind of the point of the show. Otherwise, we'd be watching another Zindagi Gulzar Hai, right? Rich boy falls for poor girl with family drama. Or Kankar - rich boy falls for poor girl with bubbly personality minus the domestic violence issue. I guess Umera Ahmed went a different route this time, and we shall wait and see how it turns out. 

I love Mansha's character, and I'm really hoping we'll see more of her! She's hilarious. LOL

I will give you that - Adeel is a good looking guy! 

I feel the problem with Romaisa is that her character seems very unconvincing and unbelievable..moreover, I think NONE of us can relate to her character so we're all just too annoyed? LOL Considering it's a script by Umera..her female characters aren't like this at all..this character seems to filmy/fairy tale-ish? and I think the character just doesn't live up to Umera's benchmark. 
I think even Umera's headstrong female characters are pretty flawed, yet realistic and easy to relate to. Kashaf was one of her strongest, most independent female protagonists written by her, yet she still was struggling to find her way in this world. She struggled internally and by the end of the show,she progressed into this different person..one who became content with whatever life gave her, regardless..whereas this was not the case with Kashaf earlier. So, Umera does make even some of her strongest female characters go through this whole transition period etc..I just think this novel adaptation would've been better left for the books and not for our television screens. I believe this is one of Umera's earlier novels..and I think it kind of shows. Sometimes filmy stories can't be translated onto our screens with that same magic..and I think Subh Ka Sitara is one of those shows particularly because of Romaisa's character. If this was another writer, people like you and I may just have been okay with her character..but considering we're used to seeing Umera's characters being extraordinarily written..there's some disappoint? but yeah, lets see how Romaisa progresses with coming episodes..hopefully her character grows. 

LMAO and yes! you put it correctly..at times you couldn't figure out whether or not Nabeel was talking to his child or his wife. LOL

Go to top