India-Forums

Debating Corner (Page 5)

kalki2007 Coolbie
kalki2007
kalki2007

Posted: 23 July 2013 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

i am watching 7C i am getting really angry at certain teachers - the way they punish students

i don't believe in physical punishment

teachers can punish children without hurting their pride or slap or hit or embarrassing

why they have to hurt little kids feelings - they are not God

talk about method of punishment

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PallanguzhiKarthikka

rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Good topic Kalki - it is chilling to see and know what some teachers do to kids !! One look at those faces, how can one be rude? And on top of that kids think that their teachers KNOW everything!! I have had this personal experience when my kids were small . Whenever I tried to correct some thing taught by their teacher they always charged back "amma , no my miss knows EVERY THING " Almost like Gods !! Times have changed now and children do outsmart teachers but that does not give them the right to abuse kids, in any form , right? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007Pallanguzhi

kalki2007 Coolbie
kalki2007
kalki2007

Posted: 31 July 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
i would say need to change teaching style and instead of memorizing the lesson teachers should teach them why they are learning and what purpose
teachers act like they don't have heart - teaching is gift - first step to the kids learning they need to love to study or explore not to hate studies - parents should
pay attention to the kids needs and need to communicate more

i saw another incident where the teacher yelled at a student in front of the class and HM supported she come home committed sucide - teacher should call her after the class and ask what's wrong and talk to the girl and find out the problem - instead she embrassed the poor girl - now she is dead - the teacher peacfully sleeping what about the parents and the sibilings - all the kids are different - Teacher is an adult should know

the important thing is i think the government should say all the teachers need to take course how to talk the kids - communication between students and teachers really important

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi Goldie
Pallanguzhi
Pallanguzhi

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Very valid points. Clap Teachers should not overdominate their students and punish them severely just because they have the power and the authority. They have to learn to be strict but fair at the same time. After all, majority of the children's time is spent in school  so teachers must learn to behave like the kids' second parents and be understanding and not yell at them and vent their temper on them during every chance they get.

Whatever the students might have done wrongly to aggravate their teachers' anger it is not worth scarring them emotionally by inflicting such unkindness on them. They also have to help he children develop interest in their studies otherwise there is no point.
Pallanguzhi Goldie
Pallanguzhi
Pallanguzhi

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

Hi everyone, let's have another topic this week! Smile

Are we taking our Indian culture for granted? I decided this after watching some programmes and movies and thought we could discuss about this issue.

Edited by Pallanguzhi135 - 16 August 2013 at 8:54pm

rojapoooo

rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 6:15am | IP Logged
will come back on this pallanguzhi - a good topic - while at it we should also consider the problems of pseudo - culture, eh?

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi Goldie
Pallanguzhi
Pallanguzhi

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 3:27am | IP Logged

Great! Big smile Take it away RP! Clap

rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 17 September 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Looks like culture is not Roja's forte Wink How about  a discussion on the verdict on Nirbhaya's rape case? Are you guys happy with the verdict? I am particularly disturbed about the way the Juvi got away. He commits an adult crime but gets treated as a Juvi? Is it fair? 

Edited by rojapoooo - 17 September 2013 at 11:51pm

srima

Go to top