Posted: 10 years ago
Hi friends,
A BIG WELCOME TO OUR
DEBATING CORNER!

Hi folks... 
I was just thinking on whether we
should start a debating corner and discuss issues on today's world? 😊

Please let me know your opinions and the first person can start by choosing the topic. (We will discuss for about one week and then take turns choosing the topics.)

What do you say?
Edited by Pallanguzhi - 10 years ago
Why not? quite like the idea of sharpening the brain a bit. Cricket - match fixing and betting? What about the poor commoner who burns the mid night oil, sits on the edge of his /her chair and cheers his/her home team? Take them for an easy ride? Moot point, eh?
Wonderful topic and points, Roja Akka! 👏

True that the commoners are indeed affected indirectly and after all they might be addicted and this may lead to them abandoning their daily work and family. But many do enjoy at a moderate pace.

Betting - very unpredictable results may come out and it's not very reliable but it's fun imagining that you have a chance to win (although it is very small...)
When India plays international games, an average Indian supports the home team - addiction aside, patriotism creeps in, ain't it? And in National  matches, I support RCB as I reside in Karnataka - my being a Tamilian does not matter there !!! I sit like a fool and watch, bite my nails ..not knowing that a FEW players on the ground know exactly how the game ends?? Some times I even miss my favorite  serial The  Practice if the match is not over !!! Who are they kidding? The money they make playing legit games is not enough? Not to mention the endorsements !!!
I really like to see people patriotic about sports.. It just shows how deep and interested they are in it and their dedication too. You're right Akka, our difference don't matter because as we are watching and rooting for our mutual favourite team, we all have a common identity - that's what I like about sports - friendships are instantly made.

It's sad about the matter with pre-planned matches, they really spoil the overall mood especially once you find out that all is not what it seems but indeed some want more than they get. But as the old saying goes "Alavukku Minjinal Amirthamum Nanju" right?
Edited by Pallanguzhi135 - 10 years ago
Aww that adage may not work for money I guess - more money makes you more greedy? So some side  stepping is OK?
Nice topic... I actually have a long story to tell with my experience of going... repeat going for the Delhi Daredevils Vs CSK match at  MCC stadium grr... 😃
I am all ears Giri !!! Shoot the story

Varuga Varuga Giri! 👏 Waiting eagerly for your story...

Good point Roja Akka 👍🏼 - that also is depending on different view points - the giver or the taker? It's justified but good samaritans such as Mother Teresa have shown otherwise. In the end it depends on the person and their conscience about handling what they have... But money indeed is a necessity in today's world - and some instantly decide they want more!
i have zero knowledge on cricket .. but good topic. Looking forward to read more.