Pallanguzhi

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Hi friends,
A BIG WELCOME TO OUR
DEBATING CORNER!

Hi folks... 
I was just thinking on whether we
should start a debating corner and discuss issues on today's world? Smile

Please let me know your opinions and the first person can start by choosing the topic. (We will discuss for about one week and then take turns choosing the topics.)

What do you say?

Edited by Pallanguzhi - 31 August 2013 at 3:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lathasiva96_SK_srimarojapoooo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debating Corner" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Why not? quite like the idea of sharpening the brain a bit. Cricket - match fixing and betting? What about the poor commoner who burns the mid night oil, sits on the edge of his /her chair and cheers his/her home team? Take them for an easy ride? Moot point, eh?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallanguzhisrima

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Wonderful topic and points, Roja Akka! Clap

True that the commoners are indeed affected indirectly and after all they might be addicted and this may lead to them abandoning their daily work and family. But many do enjoy at a moderate pace.

Betting - very unpredictable results may come out and it's not very reliable but it's fun imagining that you have a chance to win (although it is very small...)

srimarojapoooo

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged
When India plays international games, an average Indian supports the home team - addiction aside, patriotism creeps in, ain't it? And in National  matches, I support RCB as I reside in Karnataka - my being a Tamilian does not matter there !!! I sit like a fool and watch, bite my nails ..not knowing that a FEW players on the ground know exactly how the game ends?? Some times I even miss my favorite  serial The  Practice if the match is not over !!! Who are they kidding? The money they make playing legit games is not enough? Not to mention the endorsements !!!

Pallanguzhisrima

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
I really like to see people patriotic about sports.. It just shows how deep and interested they are in it and their dedication too. You're right Akka, our difference don't matter because as we are watching and rooting for our mutual favourite team, we all have a common identity - that's what I like about sports - friendships are instantly made.

It's sad about the matter with pre-planned matches, they really spoil the overall mood especially once you find out that all is not what it seems but indeed some want more than they get. But as the old saying goes "Alavukku Minjinal Amirthamum Nanju" right?

Edited by Pallanguzhi135 - 28 June 2013 at 9:59am

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Aww that adage may not work for money I guess - more money makes you more greedy? So some side  stepping is OK?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallanguzhi

giriadimai

IF-Dazzler

giriadimai

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Nice topic... I actually have a long story to tell with my experience of going... repeat going for the Delhi Daredevils Vs CSK match at  MCC stadium grr... Big smile

Pallanguzhi

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I am all ears Giri !!! Shoot the story

Pallanguzhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top