Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

My Unrequited Love DISCONTINUED (Page 19)

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

Quarto: Glimpse of the Past

Disclaimer: Rated for language and sexual content (to be on the safe side)

"Do you Madhubala Malik take Rishabh Kundra to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, for as long as you both shall live?"

The pastor was dressed like Elvis and the flower girls wearing costumes out of Star Wars movie. Or, was it Star Trek? Didn't matter. With the methamphetamines running through her body like current, the world around was golden. Her gaze focused on the blue lipstain of one of the woman in the bridal party. She introduced herself as a showgirl from the Burlesque venue down the street. This was her second job as a witness to formidable couples burning to get hitched.

"So, whyeeen Ve-n-gas?" She giggled retaining the nasal undertone in her accent. 

"We are in Vegas?" Madhu looked on to Rishabh for reassurance. Surely he couldn't have hijacked her out of State a month before the bar. She had pass the test if she were to pay the month's rent. 

"Yes, my love", he steered his bride away from the hooker (atleast he thought she was a hooker). "We are here to get married, remember?"

"Oh, okay", she sounded unsure of herself. Madhu didn't remember him proposing or her saying yes. All she had on her mind was that Rishabh had seen her injecting the drug in her veins and could burst with anger any second. He did no such thing. His agitated, lopsided smile was ever present on his lips. His eyes were glued to her side as if fearing she would run away. From an onlooker's point of view, neither the man nor the woman had the slightest idea of the implications of their actions. Finally, Madhu settled on the conclusion that he was high too. 

The pastor was now running circles around then waiting to get an "I do" out of the bride's mouth so he could get his fees and move on to another unknowingly pair of buffoons. 

"Come on darling, your groom already said yes. Just get it over with", he chugged half a bottle of tequilla down his throat before repeating the question, this time a shorter version. "Do you Madhubala Malik take Rishabh Kundra'.. Jesus, your names are hard to pronounce especially for a drunkard. Anyway, do you want to get married to him or not?"

"I do", she finally spit out. The groom didn't wait another second to bend her over her back. She was arched on a panel of multi colored plastic flowers and he was kissing her senseless. The pad of his thumb pressing on her bottom lip, parting it slightly from the top one as mouth suckled the warmth out of hers. And with all the witnesses shouting "get a room", the traditional Vegas wedding was complete.

The couple quickly hopped on to the designated Just Married 1940's car and headed straight for their room. "I have always wanted to this, you know. From the moment I met you, I knew I would wind up here, exploring you".

Never in her life had she felt so violated. What was wrong with him and why didn't he ask her whilst sober? His hands ghosted around her waist, unzipping and peeling of every fiber of cloth that hugged her curves. He wouldn't even allow her a moment to think and she hated that. Yes, she had had fantasies with Rishabh in the center. Yes, she wanted to be with him but not in a brash, unbeknown moment where he "surprised" her with a decision as big as this. Madhu liked to be in control at all times. And, this was miles out of her carefully constructed comfort zone.

"What are you doing?" She pushed him away, gathering up courage as the methamphetamines in her system subsided to give way to common sense.

Rishabh gave her an innocent look, a sincere confusion shadowing his face. "We just got married. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Yes". He didn't wait for her to finish. She was stripped down to a cami with a sports bra sticking out. "But", she finally caught her breath. "We never talked about this. I am going to be a lawyer in a month. I have things to do, places to go, people to meet. We weren't even dating". Disbelief was written all over her wrinkled forehead. She thought she knew this man, in her bed but, she realized she only scratched the surface. Madhu could never read was prompting his sharp head to do what he did. "Are you high?" She mustered up the energy to pose a dangerous question.

"No'yes'no", he burst into splits of laughter and she knew everything she thought she didn't. "I love you. Only you. I love you Madhubala Malik and I want to shout to the people who will listen and to those who won't listen, I will make listen. I love you". 

Maybe it was the look in his eyes or the two pills she popped on her way to the hotel room, the dim lights felt sunny again. She took his hands and placed them on the curve of her hips. "Explore!" She owned her command and he complied. They stared into the hollows of the other's eyes until sleep took over. The time was serene for the most part until a phone rang at the crack of dawn. Madhu remembered hearing a faint squeal over the phone. It sounded like a hyperactive woman delivering good news.

"I got the part. Thanks. Thank you. Thanks Deepali", his pitch went higher with each syllable. Then, he left for a minute. Madhu assumed it was to scream some more. Perhaps, he didn't want to wake her. So, she went back to sleep. But, he never came back. Her eyes, full of slumber, opened up to a note attached to scary looking court documents. This was a mistake, it read. Please sign the annulment papers and let us pretend this never happened. I am sorry for whatever I did. I took one too many drugs or alcohol or both. I don't remember. Forgive me.

"Bullshit", she cursed as a stinging headache hammered through her head. Hungover and alone in the sin city. "This motherf**ker thinks he can get away with murder. I was high too. I didn't kidnap a girl and ask her sorry ass to marry me", her screams were greeted by the silence in the room.

"I just called my ass sorry. Oh God! He ruined a good friendship. Now, I can't even visit Mumbai without feeling awkward. You know what, screw him. God, he took the money. This motherf**ker". She felt her shin redden as she crashed into the stubborn coffee table that refused to get out of her way. 

"Sy", she called the one man who would fly down from New York for her. "I am in Vegas with no money. Please rescue me. I would owe you my life".

And he came. No questions asked, she was safe and sound in Cambridge. Although the curiosity was eating his insides, the man didn't breath a word about the oddness of it all. "I got the part", he squealed instead. He explained to her how wonderful a touring Broadway show would be. How cool it would be for her to join him, in legal capacity of course. Sy would talk his boss into taking her along with the army of lawyers she had at her disposal. "Come, it'll be fun". 

One month to get her mind off Rishabh. That sounded like a brilliant idea. Thus began her journey toward healing. Until he turned around and dropped this bomb. Like it wasn't good enough she had forgiven him. Like it wasn't good enough their friendship was looking up. Like it wasn't good enough she was finally getting a grip on her feelings. Madhubala Malik realized she had been reduced to a notch in his bedpost and that, was unacceptable.

To hell with meeting Deepali, she was not going. Happiness and forgetful bliss lay a plane ride away. Times Square was calling, Carnegie shouted of Mingus' serene tunes and locked in her arm would be the arm of the man who knew her worth.

Rishabh and his fianc waited at the tavern discussing how Deepali should present herself to the very intelligent woman she was set to meet. She could ask difficult questions, Dips had to remain poised. Her excitement dwindled down after three hours of waiting as her fiance's best friend never showed. They raced out the backdoor as some mischievous source had called the paparazzi on them. Risabh let the sympathy for Deepali wash over the anger he was feeling toward Madhu. Why was she doing this?

Edited by DonnaHarvey - 11 July 2013 at 8:27pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

pa24703987aliahaysesrik1benazzelja89manna43flowing_riverAroraNaksujikshubhangiAnjuRishSHINYSHREYAPadfoot_Prongssanghita0000--Udhay--

Jane523 IF-Sizzlerz
Jane523
Jane523

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
nyc dear...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jane523