Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Sonam throws bday bash 4 Arjun (RK,Kat,PC attend) (Page 31)

Onyx. IF-Rockerz
Onyx.
Onyx.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -IHeartDeepika-

Sonam and Arjun at the party- cute bhen bhaiya pyaarEmbarrassed

ohhh finally a pic of sonam, she looks great! Thanx for sharing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxx

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

Yeah..but DP-PC have been friends even before Deepika came in the industry. I hope they remain on good terms!

really? didn't know that. Did they know each other because both were models? 
lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

^Sonam and Deepika did try to be friends back in 2008 but they didn't really maintain it. People thought they were BFFS after the KWK episode just because they got along...they're on good terms but not friends. 

Btw, Sonam-Ranveer-Arjun

Aww!..love this photo...cousins at the party...

Ranveer is Sonam's mausi's son & Arjun is her chachaji's son...

Now I know from where these two have long faces - Sonam & Ranveer

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxxHousefullEvash-Kruti.S-you2ViccoTurmericHotMess

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

S0nam, Ranbir end their tiff & a lot more at Arjun Kapoor's birthday bash

Arjun Kapoor birthday

Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 28, 2013)

The new generation of Bollywood A-listers like to work hard and party harder. And Wednesday saw all the nouveau stars letting their hair down at Anil Kapoor's Juhu residence with Sonam Kapoor playing the perfect host. The occasion was Arjun Kapoor's 28th birthday and the guest list included Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Parineeti Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Imran Khan with wife Avantika, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra and Dhanush. But the man who made heads turn was Ranbir Kapoor. Sonam and her Saawariya co-star have not been on the best of terms post their debut film.

Often in the past, both Sonam and Ranbir have lashed out against each other in sections of the media. However, it seems six years is long enough time to heal the wounds. A source said: "Sonam is riding high on the success of Raanjhanaa. And when you're happy, you tend to let bygones be bygones. She has moved on, so has Ranbir. Post Saawariya, Sonam was dating Punit Malhotra and Ranbir was in a relationship with Deepika. Over the years, both have matured. Sonam had even invited Punit for the party, who also dropped by."

Ranbir and Sonam are said to be childhood friends, who got closer on the sets of Saawariya. But slowly, things soured. It all took an ugly turn in 2010, when Ranbir tagged Sonam as 'not sexy' and the latter retaliated by airing some equally strong views on Karan Johar's chat show. As and when she was asked if she would apologise to Ranbir for her remarks, she had refused outright. In an interview given to Mirror in 2011, she had said: "Well, it was Ranbir who started it all by saying 'Sonam is not sexy'. I just shot back and said 'Ranbir is not sexy'. If a man says it, chalta hai. But when a woman says the same thing, nahi chalta hai? That's sexist! Why should I say 'sorry' to him? Just because his father made a hue and cry about it? If Ranbir apologises to me, I shall too."

To which, Ranbir had said: "She is a bit of a drama queen but I like her." And Sonam shot back: "I am an actress, darling. If I don't do drama, who else will?"The war of words continued for a while and the 'friendship' went down the drain. So much so that Ranbir's friend, Vicky Singh, had to shelve a film in 2011 which he had planned with the duo during their Saawariya days.

The source added: "People were a bit surprised to see Ranbir at the party but he got along with Sonam famously'their interaction was very warm with no references of the bitter past." The party went on till the wee hours of the morning.

''''''''-

MID-DAY (June 28, 2013)

It warmed the cockles of our heart to see Sonam Kapoor throw a grand birthday bash for her dear cousin Arjun Kapoor, who turned 28 on Wednesday.

The party saw the usual young brigade from Bollywood in full attendance and even had some rather funny and amusing moments through the evening.

Perhaps the highlight of the event was a mock- fight between Ranveer Singh and Arjun, both of whom have been romantically linked with Anushka Sharma in the past.

And joining the other guests like Deepika Padukone, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Ayushmaan Khurrana, was Dhanush, who is said to have been in high spirits till he called it a night.

Interestingly, Ranbir Kapoor and his alleged ladylove Katrina Kaif arrived and exited separately.

Varun, who has been friends with Arjun for many years, apparently danced the night away on the Radha track from his debut film Student Of The Year.

Arjun Kapoor birthday_2

Edited by you2 - 27 June 2013 at 8:56pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxx.Iconoclast.chimchimcher-ee.Sad.But.True.

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Ranbir and Imran used to make a nice show of being "good friends" when they had debuted too. Now they both say, they're not even friends.

The 40+ brigade all used to hang out and party together when they had just started out too..SRK, Salman, Aamir. Now they don't like each other.

Its really awesome and sweet that they're all hanging out together but let's see what their relationships with each other are like in 5 years.

But there was never any question about that. LOLIt's basically unheard of for a  bunch of people to be friends in the truest sense for months on end let alone 5 years. 5 years is a long time to maintain friendships in this day and age. And I doubt these guys are all backslapping buddies. It's the time of instant gratification. It's pleasantly surprising  that they all hang out together not as BFFs of course but as colleagues who can see past their cut throat work life competition. The older folks, SRK-Salman-Aamir-Ajay D behave worse than 5 year olds with their fair share of digs and grudges against each other from time to time in the media and elsewhere. Keeping that in mind or in comparison to THAT, I don't know about anyone else, but this is certainly refreshing to me. 

Edited by Dexterkilaila - 27 June 2013 at 9:02pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

frostypari_roxx.Iconoclast.ViccoTurmericHotMess

.Iconoclast. IF-Dazzler
.Iconoclast.
.Iconoclast.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
^ I agree DexterLaila. Young brigade is more fun and open. Two young women go on a famous show and mock present heartthrob. When his oldie father threw tantrums, they refused to apologize. One didn't even bother to work with him and another had the guts to work with her ex and create blockbuster. I love these people. Their brazen attitude, Their antics, camaraderie is refreshing. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

frostypari_roxx.ravenreyes.-Kruti.S-MoodyFoodielovanikaChameli_billiIHeartDeepika.ViccoTurmericHotMess

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Iconoclast-

^ I agree DexterLaila. Young brigade is more fun and open. Two young women go on a famous show and mock present heartthrob. When his oldie father threw tantrums, they refused to apologize. One didn't even bother to work with him and another had the guts to work with her ex and create blockbuster. I love these people. Their brazen attitude, Their antics, camaraderie is refreshing. 

Exactly, I agree and yea, Sonam-Deepika's KWK episode is a really good example of that. They behave like normal people. When their behavior is juxtaposed with the older folks, they obviously seem more fun. And to be honest, I could care less about what the Khans and the Bacchans etc did in their 20s decades ago. LOLThat era is gone. It doesn't make sense to compare the youth of today to the youth of then. Two different times, a lot has changed since then, for better or worse. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

.ravenreyes.MoodyFoodielovanikaRaiinie2-Kruti.S-DestroyedInLoveViccoTurmeric.Sad.But.True.HotMess

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Ranveer-Arjun's friendship is cute and funny. Let's see if it lasts after Gunday releases or if it's just a show.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MoodyFoodieDestroyedInLovechimchimcher-eeHotMess

Go to top