SWARON OS:the mirror

ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

That mirror.

I had it made of Belgian glass and had it fitted in our sprawling rehearsal room...soon after our marriage.

We used to practice in front of it---everyday. All our lives. All our work...all our choreographies were framed in front of it.

It reflected both of us...our life of dance---and the dance of life.

We would pause to catch our breaths... and he would push me up playfully against that and fence me in with his arms. And i would feel his lips branding me with love...and we would find our breaths in each other's nearness.

So many memories.  So many reflections.  So many shadows. Images of us. Swayam and me.

Our love---our life----our togetherness.

I remember-the day i shyly came in, while he was practicing here...and whispered in his ears-that he was going to be a daddy soon. Goodness he went mad with happiness...and for about half an hour after that he refused to let me down from my heaven in his arms.of course, the next nine months under my usually so mellow hubby whom sharon shekhawat  could wrap around her little finger all her life, sternly refused to let me budge from bed...saying that me and my baby needed to stay put and not prance around. It was all i could do to get permission to walk to the dinner table, and the loo. Kitchen and dance were off limits, courtesy the pregnancy police---my pati parmeshwar swaym shekhawat and the army of gynaecologists he consulted for me.

I remember'how he and i celebrated our anniversaries here...doing a waltz in each others arms...and every year ended up making love right here. It got to be a custom---one even my daughter was aware of.

Teaching our baby girl to dance-here in this very room.

he and savera used to claim my lap...and laying themselves down with their heads on my lap---would often go off to sleep while i ran my fingers through their hair. both my babies...the big baby and small baby. after i transferred savera from my lap onto the mattress, he would wake up...and pull me down for a kiss.

Laughter, life, music, dance'and us. Our story.

It rings in every corner of this huge mansion. It drives me mad now. But its also the only thing which keeps me going. Although i cant wait to stop.

That grandfather clock he bought for me on our first anniversary...the vase which i kept reserved for the roses he surprised me with...the almirah with his clothes in it...oh everywhere----the very walls bear testimony to the life we lived.thge very floors still throb with his treads. Swaym's boyish laughter, his thousand naughtinesses, his sudden hugs from behind, cuddling me...the sighing nights of unbounded love,the way he twirled me in his arms when he had some good news or the other, my teasing him...his pouts...his seducing me, his compliments, my blushes our married life.our love..his mine and savera's trophies...my smile his smile, my sadness,his misery...my life his life----his death-my death.

This mirror which ones reflected a couple which had been adored by the audience for their amazing couple performances...by and by started showing our wizened faces as well...and our slowing down with age. But the love was the same.

We grew old together. And he died. But i am still alive. Alone. An old woman adored by her daughter, but ---alone without him.

Our last dance.

The day he went away from me---forever.

Swaym had had two strokes already.He had been in bed with a bad bout of cold he had caught. The doctor told me---that he probably would not make the night. And he did not.

But before going away he had regained consciousness for a while. And i think he knew that he would be leaving me and savera...and going away.

He just raised his fingers to my face---and said---"i have prepared a duet Sharon----will you dance with me"? The same words he spoke when we had our first dance...and he repeated them on our wedding as well.

And i wheeled him in his wheelchair----in this rehearsal hall and that mirror saw us again---an old old couple----dancing...well wheezing really, but----the love was the same.

I cried,in his arms unable to see my life, my everything fading away with each step he staggered holding on to me for support.

But he laughed. He just said----"sharon, swaym shekhawat loved you from the moment he set his eyes on you'and promised you a forever...and forever does not end." He could not speak much after that---an hour later he was gone.he did not suffer much. I kissed him goodbye...as the pure smile i adored spread like a dream on that beloved face---and those eyes which were the guiding light of my life for nearly sixty odd years, which gazed into mine with the steady beam of an young lover's wonder and love which adorned me queen turned glassy in death.

Yeah his heart failed him---but it was of gold and know it always was mine. And it had never failed me.

Pretty soon i guess, i'll be joining him. After all swayam promised...we would meet again.and he is a man of his words. Never have been able to stay away long from each other--'the both of us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three years after my dad, my mom followed him. Well, they would follow each other to the end of the world, fighting and pacifying all the way...bickering and loving all through their happily- ever- after.. They must be dancing all day in heaven...i think to myself trying to smile...as i tear up when i badly wanna see my mom...and run to my daddy like a little girl...to have her hug me and my daddy hold me as i learnt to ride a bike.

And mom's favourite mirror ---it reflects an enlargement of a snapshot of one of their award winning couple dance performances on the wall facing southeast...i could not wreath them.with the garlands of death .and they just smile---and smile and smile together. Death does not matter...their love did...for each other---for me.

My dad and mom----swayam shekhawat---and Sharon raiprakash shekhawat lived, loved and died a fairytale.

writing after a long time and still not over my writers' block. so this may be rather lame.

i dont know how it was, but if you like it or not do let me know, please. i feel so inadequate when no replies come.

Edited by medhasarkar - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-spongy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
res
unres

yippee 
me first
party time !!! πŸ₯³πŸ€ͺ

well this OS was simply a masterpiece
the way u wrote it on SHARON'S POV and then her daughter's POV...
beautiful !!!
the way showed the whole life in that mirror πŸ‘πŸ‘
kudos to you..

brilliant !!
fab !!
SWARON ☺️

and the last lines!!! My dad and mom----swayam shekhawat---and Sharon raiprakash shekhawat lived, loved and died a fairytale. πŸ˜³

thank you for the pm
do write more
and do pm me
Edited by -spongy- - 10 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
YOU are one of those writers who make me proud that I call myself a writer...they can change ur world in seconds with the magic of their words...the emotions u portrayed there girl...they are just heavenly...i want to say more about this wonderful piece ..but for now ..finally unreserving ...

************************************************************************************************************

Hey Medha...πŸ€—

When I read your very 1st SS about SwaRon...it was on current track..the way u showed the beautiful SwaRon we were craving for post-asthma track...I knew it that time itself ...u are one of a kind..a gifted writer..i read something by u...i think wow...this is her best...just amazing..beautifully written...u always prove me wrong with ur next write up...it turns out to be even more spell binding ...

Coming to this oneshot ...when I got the PM it was 2 in night..i had office in morning but i couldnt stop myself from reading this ...

The mirror ...which mirrored every single moment of their life ..be it their practices together ..or the good news about the little one...the anniversary tradition ..those moments of their blissful married life...after his death..she is alone...the last dance was everything about LOVE...

Yeah his heart failed him---but it was of gold and know it always was mine. And it had never failed me.

Ur words ..the love...the thoughts of their daughter ...savera(i loved the name)...was blissful...it touched me ...u are just amazing portraying emotions ...ahaa...

Don't u dare doubt ur skills...nehi toh mujhse bura koi nehi hoga😑

Love ur write ups...this Oneshot was beyond my words of appreciation

Luv

Deep

Edited by deep_Tanha - 10 years ago
TannuVsmSwaRon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
it was just beautiful... Usually I don't happened to relate much to an OS where either of Swayam or Sharon die but here you have done an amazing job πŸ‘ Seriously loved the way you penned down Sharon's emotions and for me the highlight was their daughter... I was choked up by the end of it...
Keep up the great work πŸ‘πŸΌ  
Edited by smartypantstanu - 10 years ago
ToujoursPur thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartypantstanu

it was just beautiful... Usually I don't happened to relate much to an OS where either of Swayam or Sharon die but here you have done an amazing job πŸ‘ Seriously loved the way you penned down Sharon's emotions and for me the highlight was their daughter... I was choked up by the end of it...

Keep up the great work πŸ‘πŸΌ  

thanks smarty---and even i dont relate all that well to os which speak of death of one of the pair----but i just wrote this down---lord knows why
Death_Memories thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
this was utterly beautifulπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I had moist eyes at the end of it😭 but not because of the tragedy but because of the felling of pure love.It certainly overwhelmed me.i dont normally get very emotional but writers like u tend to pull that emotion out of me.
sheer brilliance and even though it hurts to imagine swaron gone but i could still picture them here since the story was so relatable to the characters.
a big hug from my sideπŸ€—hope u recover frm ur writers block and give us such beautiful swaron stories.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
ToujoursPur thumbnail

Originally posted by: cenation123

this was utterly beautifulπŸ‘
I had moist eyes at the end of it😭 but not because of the tragedy but because of the felling of pure love.It certainly overwhelmed me.i dont normally get very emotional but writers like u tend to pull that emotion out of me.
sheer brilliance and even though it hurts to imagine swaron gone but i could still picture them here since the story was so relatable to the characters.
a big hug from my sideπŸ€—hope u recover frm ur writers block and give us such beautiful swaron stories.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

thanks dear----and glad that my little write up managed to touch your heart.

Swaronvrushan thumbnail
Lame...do u even know the meaning of it...u called such a beautiful piece of work as lame...it was so perfect...nor in my dreams I can think of writing an os making mirror as one important character... overall all the emotion and feeling was here...

Keep writing...
Ria_SwaRon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Medha dii... *hugs*
I know i have my so called reses in many of ur works..but i am sorry..will edit asap..
Well..looking at this pm.. i had firmly made my mind..that i will read this first and comment directly..as it is i have 210 Pms pending.
So here i am...moving towards my colg..probably in the fastest local train..with so many ppl buzzing around..tii much of noise..BUT BUT BUT ..this OS has freezed me...
I am completely lost now...my world has paced down.

I am not able to describe it in proper words..actually no dictionary can help me out..coz describing this in mere words is complete injustice to the emotions which i am facing now..
All i would say i am damn pretty lucky to be a reader of this OS.. to have u as my dii... to have me in ur buddy list...lucky to have SwaRon...and this forum!
Itni lucky toh sharon bhi nahi.. :D

It really feels pure bliss while reading your and deepika dii's work...though i havent commented on her write ups lately.

Coming to the OS once again.. 
Never ever i could think of such creative use of the mirror..
The pain..the love..the happiness is wonderfully penned down..
I may still take time to voice my emotions now..
I am that kind of a person who is a less emotional..doesnt cry on issues like death ... but the beauty of your words was captive.. it has left me amazed.
All in all.. a magical OS..
I guess i do not need to mention this in every comment..but still i cannot resist myself..
I AM OFFICIALLY IN LOVE WITH YOUR WRITE HPS AND WRITING SKILLS.

- Ria.

Twinkle_d3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A beautifully amazing os
loved it..