Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: happychappy

Ouch.

Arshi, if you are that p***ed off they better watch out!😊

p.s. see Shana's thread if not seen already!

Happychappy I am very very unhappy
mandygill thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshicritic

why arshi dear..logic ki vaat is not happening first timeπŸ˜•
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshicritic

I can understand this time-pass type episode is making us feel like we're being taken for a ride. 

Cutting them some slack,  one reason could be they're feeling the heat of pulling off the near-impossible feat of separating S&K. Secondly, they need to fill the sack of "happy" "truest love" memories before the inevitable happens, so we can all watch them in FB shots!

Let's be a bit kind to them... They are not GMT, after all!  AND prob dread having to separate these two, knowing all the viewers are going to be up in arms! Perhaps SLB shd have kept the period... it wd have been easier on the scriptwriters. 
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Am I in minority? Quite liked it today...😊
- Kumud- Guniyal scene, well enacted by both.
- Room Darshan...two tone Greens...haπŸ˜‰, and Kumud unbound in the 'room'- everywhere! πŸ˜³
-  and again, flickered screen- lost images but continued 'presence'...that feeling of one's 'being' always besides you...well enacted by both.πŸ‘ As well a poignant foreshadowing, brilliant.
- Danny, maintained positive...'Bharat' is going to blast Kaykai Ma when she'd heist 'kingdom' for him. He is with his Ram.πŸ˜ƒ
- and of course 'juthe' log.πŸ˜† Saras accusing her liar...what about himself? He too evaded! But Dikra, Kumud knows too! Despite her assertions otherwise...πŸ˜†
- and last, their silent grasp of each other; His dialogues ( liked all, despite some ott, the actor imparts an honesty in them), and her 'soak'- such a gentle 'finger' expression along with a lit up face by Kumud. As if she was caressing/absorbing his presence defaulted in that inanimate instrument itself.πŸ‘
Liked it all...😊

Edited by smrth - 10 years ago
vidz2122 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
leave thode logics end enjoy samud romance
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: smrth

- Room Darshan...two tone Greens...haπŸ˜‰, and Kumud unbound in the 'room'- everywhere! πŸ˜³
-  and again, flickered screen- lost images but continued 'presence'...that feeling of one's 'being' always besides you...well enacted by both.πŸ‘ As well a poignant foreshadowing, brilliant.
- Danny, maintained positive...'Bharat' is going to blast Kaykai Ma when she'd heist 'kingdom' for him. He is with his Ram.πŸ˜ƒ
- and of course 'juthe' log.πŸ˜† Saras accusing her liar...what about himself? He too evaded! But Dikra, Kumud knows too! Despite her assertions otherwise...πŸ˜†
- and last, their silent grasp of each other; His dialogues ( liked all, despite some ott, the actor imparts an honesty in them), and her 'soak'- such a gentle 'finger' expression along with a lit up face by Kumud. As if she was caressing/absorbing his presence defaulted in that inanimate instrument itself.πŸ‘
Liked it all...😊

Count me in minority ! I too liked the episode... I am glad they didn't show Kumud too lost in her future dreams of the life ahead with Saras to take notice of the fact that she will be leaving her much adored family.. the feeling of the gradual detachment from home..family, the realization since yesterday has been very touching... Coming to Saras and Kumud, I have honestly loved all their phone and skype conversations so far.. simply coz I can relate to it.. I don't know how it is hampering the pace of the story.. I actually find it quite amazing how they can convey so much without actually being in the same space..the contrast feelings of Kumud getting ready to bid adieu to her world and Saras ready to welcome her in his own ..decorating ''their'' room as per her taste..her pictures.. so she feels at home..very sweet and thoughtful.. all the dialogues in that scene were brilliant..I don't know if it was deliberate but the way Kumud's side of the screen plunges into darkness after the LT gets discharged , looked like a hint.. her face with that lost expression on the dark screen .. and Saras feeling her presence on the other side .. was a very well executed shot and perfectly enacted..

Looking forward to KC.. not only coz it will give me a much awaited Saras Kumud one frame romantic moment which I am sure is gonna be amazing ..but also coz this is gonna trigger something ''big''..so waiting :)
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: smrth

Liked it all...😊

Thanks, Smrth, for highighting the finer  points of yesterday! We needed that. I too watched Kumud caressing the suddenly-dark LT screen with a sinking heart. It's a change when they use modern gadgets as symbols instead of the traditional lamp-bujhaoing, milk-spilling-over, white-dupatta sort of image! 

What's bugging a lot of people is that it's been going on for too long... Either they are nervous themselves of upsetting the apple-cart, or there may be practical/ time-filling reasons that's not obvious to us... Or perhaps we are just anxious to get the separation over with like a dose of really bitter medicine! 
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vaishali and Happy, remember Kumud's last two scenes,  Jenny was amazing...as for timeline, not knowing much about this festival's timing, it didn't hamper...but generally it pops up anytime in soap serials, doesn't it?πŸ˜† Am looking forward...probably last such one.😭  Until they meet again on Sundargiri. And NO KUSUM.😑 Edited by smrth - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i know this is almost end of this thread...but..

- did not like the logic ki vaat on kc...

- if we give benefit of doubt on account of this being a rush job / scared to show seperation etc...then seperation will be further botched up...and post seperation still more...

- i mean i am a gujju and we don't have kc ...how can a tru blue gujju family sing paens to kc (no offence to the people who follow, but this is not the context)...pathetic...
- gujjus follow a similar tradition called jaya paravati where wives fast for 7 days or something...even this is scheduled to come after navratri!...even if they had shown that it would have still worked...

- they have put in kc purely on accout of garnering wider audience...but once you break this red line and get ino this habit you will progressively take the easy way out and add elements from elsewhere which have worked...

- i think its over now for this show...it will continue all topsy turvy now...a hybrid...naa idhar ka naa udhar kaa...

Arshics thumbnail
I agree with hotdogg. 

While I enjoy Saras Kumud Skype and phone romance, the dialogues are fine and expressions are good, I have one question to ask of you all. 

Isn't it a prime responsibility of an author to maintain consistency of : 

Time, place, culture? 

Is ok to deviate from these? 

Karva Chauth - is on 22ndOct this year, so is ok to pretend its in June instead? - inconsistency of time

It's not a Gujarati festival, it would be big in Delhi, Punjab etc, but not in Gujarat and certainly not in a remote village like ratnanagri - inconsistency of place

It is shown to be a big festival, Gun has been keeping it for Vidya always, yet it comes 10 days after navratari, which is a big big big event for gujaratis, and no mention of that - cultural inconsistency

This is against the principles of good story telling. 

It is the responsibility of a writer to create events and incidents that are consistent and believable in the context of the story. 

To rely on time tested tactics of romance even if they defy logic is sheer laziness and lack of creativity,

hence unforgivable for me. 

Minor stretching of logic can be amusing, but this - where the story jumps haphazardly - across time and place is not working for me. 
Edited by arshicritic - 10 years ago