Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

One Year Later: Too little too late? (Page 9)

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by naava

Ash, I didn't think your thread was meant to criticize anyone at all, so i am a little confused by the posts and dialogues here, except perhaps for Jai's comments that what we observe today may be 180 degrees opposite tomorrow so best not to get too upset.

But truthfully we all do get attached to the characters. Today I found myself at work, thinking about Arjun, and hoping he would be ok LOL LOL, wondering why he seemed to want to stay in that situation with Ovi.  Did he love her after all? Is he afraid Purvi won't come back to him? (maybe she won't) Is he still confused about what he wants?  haha  As if he were my son or my friend.  Geek

Actually, I liked the idea that you were just reflecting on all the pain caused by the story, by way the writers wrote the story, making a mess out of everything,,,,almost to the point of being irreparable...  how some of could have been avoided if various people had acted then like they are thinking now.

For the most part, i think most of the characters did what they thought was the best to do at the time...a few exceptions of course, like Punni, Balan, Varsha at the time of the kidnapping..and others.  

Hindsight, as they say, is always 20/20...  we can see back to earlier times and think we should have acted differently, but we come to our new conclusions by new understanding, even if it was staring us in the face before.  So, now some of the characters have the veils lifted (or starting to)..and they will do good things hopefully...like Archu did with Arjun.  Finally realizing what needed to be done and did it as the actions of a good mother doing what's best for her daughter AND her son in law..  But we can't correct the past, especially if the CV's decide to re-write it !Big smile

All the actors in this show are brilliant, and each one lends such credibility to the part.  As wretched as the story seems to always be, the skill and talents of the actors always save the day. LOL

It was a nice thread I thought, and I believe you meant simply to think about and reflect on the story about what might have been...but wasn't.  .  

Thank you Naava. As usual, you also calmly state your thoughts and opinions and I always enjoy reading ur posts and views. Thank you again.

Today I found myself at work, thinking about Arjun, and hoping he would be ok

As for your line above, it seems we cant stay away from this show and I too do so on many occasions and I wonder if Im mad or something LOL. But, thats the impact the characters have on us. They made us feel for them, wonder about them and think of their well being.

I personally, and I say personally cause this is my opinion based on my thoughts and the guys I know. But, I do not think Arjun loves Ovi and thats why he was hesitant to sign the papers or reflecting on his time with her.

Ovi is to Arjun 3 things: his dear/best friend, someone that his family (father mainly) and everyone knew and loved and lastly a responsibility.

Someone (I believe Raya or Soni) said in another post that Arjun doesnt know IF he is doing the right thing. I think that was one of the issues. He has always had a strong sense of obligation towards his family and towards Manav's family and doing what is considered right. He also has immense guilt over his failure. I think this all culminated in him being doubtful -  not out of a sense of love towards the other person... but a sense of obligation and doing what society considers is right.

I know we are not suppose to bring personal views here or base anything on real life. But I have a friend, who was in a relationship... and he has moved on and so has the girl... but to this day, he feels guilty and often reflects on her and hurting her. The GOOD guys do have a heart and do reflect and do acknowledge their parts in causing hurt and failure. I truly believe Arjun is one of those good guys Smile

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

vasu_2013jdronamrajuAshaNegiFanJShivnaavaameiliaPoohLoverpeachesnplumspallavi25ashfaque2012

Megha_Ashvik Senior Member
Megha_Ashvik
Megha_Ashvik

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged
awesome post
thank you so much
no character is bashing here ..
but sad is now also everyone is thinking about ovi's pain not even arjun's
as he said he was alone..Cry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AshaNegiFanJShivAshlaikaashfaque2012pallavi25

Manoshono IF-Rockerz
Manoshono
Manoshono

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Its a well written post Ash. This serial is beyond recognition. I don't even relate to the story line anymore because it has disconnected all of us. Doesn't matter if its reel or real, logic and true means has to work out together. The CVs have completely destroyed Arvis story. Characters have fallen apart and had portrayed as dumbs.

Now coming back to the characters in the story. What they should have done in the past could have been better for the family in the future. The fall of everyone ever since Ovi-Arjun marrige has happened made the story look utterly stupid. And they were never got able to stand after wards. The mother Archana and father manav should have slapped all three of them before and have taken a wise decision so they could have been saved from the current disaster. To push a bad decision harder will only be worse in the future and all of them have done exactly like that. Ovi has always had an upper hand on everyone. Whatever she has wished, she has got. She was forced on Arjun by Purvi and everyone went along with it. They should have stopped them right away. But in the end they say spices makes the story to move forward. And i will say that illogical story lines will only make the story to drown even deep.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vasu_2013soniiyaajdronamrajuJShivAshlaikapallavi25ashfaque2012

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Ash to add one more point (if I may Smile), this show was unique and loved  by audience for its simplicity and down to earth characters - A love story of a mechanic and his wife which sprang to life after their marriage.
The theme of the show which was "simplicity" is long lost thanks to the Creative heads that keep changing and the writers of the show.
When they started off with younger generation  again after the leap,they tried to start off with that theme but then as usual deviated away in the first few months.
The actors and the fans are the ones who suffer the most,actors to forcibly enact such horrible scripts and fans forced to see it for their favorites.
I can hope if Zee ever needed to grow a spine ,then this is the right time,tell Ekta to re-unite all and end this show in a dignified manner which the show deserves for the dedication and hard-work put in by the entire crew of PR including entire PR star cast,director,cameraman,light-boy and many others who play a important role in the show success from the background .

vasu_2013jdronamrajuAshaNegiFanJShivnaavaAshlaikaashfaque2012

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

Originally posted by jdronamraju

Saw the episode last night and want to add one more thing here. Purvi seriously needs a life. Put aside Arjun, she needs to think about what is she gng to do about onir, her marriage, divorce, Pari's future, her future, her career, livelyhood nd so many things. Her life is in shambles and all she is worried about is Ovi???? The way she talks about Ovi and her love supposed love for Arjun, drove me up the wall. Has she no empathy left for Arjun? Why does she not spare a thought for his pain and suffering in life? Are there not enough people to worry about the princess? Arjun always thinks and worries about her whereas she is grrr... Felt like smacking her yesterday ! Sorry guys, didnt mean to offend any feelings here, but it just annoyed me and wanted to vent. Aakhir apni hain, tho gussaa hone kaa hak banthaa hain :)

Purvi, put your own house in order.

Everytime Purvi opens her mouth nowadays, that is my reaction Big smile .. All i can aay to her is, Girl, open your eyes, face reality and smell the roses or the trash that is around. Think about your life, for once, because nobody else will..kabh sudhregi yeh ladki !

vasu_2013AshaNegiFanJShivAshlaikapeachesnplumspallavi25ashfaque2012

-sayeed- IF-Dazzler
-sayeed-
-sayeed-

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
nice topic, ashu!Thumbs Up i'm a little bit understand your topics with english grammar difficulty... i'm trying to read and understand your topics soon...

i'm not strong in english very well...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AshaNegiFanAshlaika

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayeed87

nice topic, ashu!Thumbs Up i'm a little bit understand your topics with english grammar difficulty... i'm trying to read and understand your topics soon...

i'm not strong in english very well...

Take ur time Sayeed. It happens when English isnt our 1st language. English is mine, so easy for me.

However, I cannot understand hindi well. I have learned A LOT since I came to the forum. But I still have my hindi challenges and still cannot much without the subtitles.

My post is simply about what was, what is and what could have been Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AshaNegiFanpeachesnplums

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jaishankar

Ash to add one more point (if I may Smile), this show was unique and loved  by audience for its simplicity and down to earth characters - A love story of a mechanic and his wife which sprang to life after their marriage.
The theme of the show which was "simplicity" is long lost thanks to the Creative heads that keep changing and the writers of the show.
When they started off with younger generation  again after the leap,they tried to start off with that theme but then as usual deviated away in the first few months.
The actors and the fans are the ones who suffer the most,actors to forcibly enact such horrible scripts and fans forced to see it for their favorites.
I can hope if Zee ever needed to grow a spine ,then this is the right time,tell Ekta to re-unite all and end this show in a dignified manner which the show deserves for the dedication and hard-work put in by the entire crew of PR including entire PR star cast,director,cameraman,light-boy and many others who play a important role in the show success from the background .

Of course u may Jai Smile.

Completely in agreement with what u have said at bold. I too wish that this show can end in some manner of dignity so that everyone (friends and foes alike) can leave with a good taste left in their mouths (u know the saying). I dont wish for us all to leave and only have bad things to say and a nasty taste and scent left behind cause this PH, creatives and Zee didn't know when was the right time to end (that right time may have already passed).

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AshaNegiFanJShivJaishankar

Go to top