Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Archana could not have done this a year ago, such was her position in the family. Her relationship with her daughters, especially with Ovi was on a thin thread, very tenuous. As parents, they should have. Archana, DK and Manav should have annuled it as soon as it was announced. They just stood dumb back then succumbing to the blunder these three idiots made out of emotion. They did not exercise their rights as parents to correct the kids mistake. But once that drasted reception took place, that was it. It was a public acceptance of the marriage. There was no easy way out. For Manav by then was happy for Ovi, dk was welcoming the new babu and despite archana's unhappinss, she could not rock the boat as she was powerless back then within the family and with ovi. Do you think Ovi would have listened to her or even Manav? She got what she wanted. All that would have happend was ovi would alienate archana for life. Even Purvi, would she have listened to Archana. She was on her tyaag high !
So i guess all this had to happen, especially for ovi to realize how futile it was to crave for a person who does not love you. I wish Arjun and purvi also learn from this, especially Purvi. How futile it is to play with other's lives, even with a good intent and for their bhalaayi. I am happy that Arjun for once did not listen to Purvi and signed the papers finally. I think that he had made up his mind to do so a couple of days ago, but Archana's prodding was the final nail in the coffin as they say..
So, yes, Freedom at last, for my boy !!
Now, whether Purvi comes back to him or picks the halo'ed doc is left to see. Frankly, I dont give a damn :) but, am sure that is what Arjun wants 😉
I only wish there were no babies, death and swapping involved, that is where the writers messed up and grossed it out. I wish they had put their grey cells to better use then.Edited by jdronamraju - 10 years ago
ameilia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ash my darling a superb and well balanced post not that i am surprised🤗

''One year ago no one bother to reprimand Ovi for putting forward a deal, but one year later everyone remembers that Purvi "betrayed" Ovi, and Arjun doesn't love or respect Ovi? Only now - over a year later they realise that "Ovi never found love in the relationship, it was only a compromise?"  

This is what angers me the most.Arjun and Purvi are made the scapegoats to over up all of Ovi's mistakes.Arjun never hid any fact of why he married Ovi.They ALL knew he did it because he LOVED Purvi and wanted to make Purvi happy.I really dont get how the elders especially Manav can turn a blind eye to that.But all that matters was Ovi got what she desired so it didnt matter who got screwed and dumped in the end.
One month after Arjun-Ovi's marriage she clearly without any shame declared that Arjun doesnt sleep with her.That should have been red signs and Ovi's parents should have known this is not going to work.
Why work on a relationship that began with a lie,couple doesnt love each other,living seems like they are only breathing and happiness is either short lived or next to impossible for them?
Arjun never wanted to be in this marriage but for his family's sake he stood through it.He was willing to give his all to it.Dont go blaming him now for a mistake he made even before he was married to Ovi.
As part of your title  Ash '' Too little too late'' is true.Everyone from Arjun,Purvi,Ovi and even Onir has suffered.The memories will taunt all of them.They will constantly be wondering of what could have been if they had done this?What could have happened if they did that?What might have happened if they chose a different path?
They say time heals all wounds but i believe that the scars do remain.I really hope this experience will leave them all with a lesson they will never forget.
Edited by ameilia - 10 years ago
vasu_2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Fabulous post Ashlaika. 👏👏 I caught up with last two days of the show and you have echoed all my thoughts.

There is a big trail of destruction everywhere and in every one's lives. On top of all the hurt and scars on Arjun's life, you need to add the social stigma as well. After all, he is the one who is left back in India and our society always points the first finger at the guy as generally they are mostly responsible for a sad state of a marriage, if there is one. Nowadays the social stigma is not much as divorces in India have increased but still, the Kirloskars are shown to be the conservative of the lot (amongst the rich and famous) and Arjun leading the pack. He says yesterday to Archana that he cannot let the injustice ("annyayai") to be done to Ovi. He is going to go through a guilt ridden life in the short term.

No words to describe Purvi's pain. In my opinion, she will be the worst impacted. From her point of view, all her sacrifices have come to nought and she had some part to play in that. She will be at the receiving end of some of the worst taunts related to the divorce, irrespective of whether she ends up with Arjun or not. And just imagine, if she comes to know about Onir's truth before or after the divorce (assuming they too go through one), how devastating will it be for her. As Janhvi once said , you can neither spit out nor swallow mouthful of hot ghee. Her life will definitely become a hell for a long time to come and not to forget that she is a mother of a baby girl. But I sincerely hope that Purvi learns many a lessons from this turmoil - the biggest of all being not to be an emotional fool and not to become a charity case for unworthy people, even if they are family.

Onir's career is ruined and his heart broken. Agreed, he did participate on the baby swapping incident, agreed he is the one to start the ridiculous story about him and Shalini but in general, he is mostly the innocent bystander who was pulled into this vicious drama and hence has to be greatly pitied.

Finally coming to Ovi, her selfishness leaves me astounded. What Ovi wants, Ovi gets. Apart from her one admission to Arjun, she is painting herself as the innocent victim and has not felt remorse for anyone else's pain. This gal has not told her own parents before initiating the divorce but has the gal to expect Arjun to convey the matter to her parents. How considerate of her - Ovi, Ovi!

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ash, yes, a little too late but better late than never. 

Vasu, you remembered that saying? Lol.  Yes, Ovi will be Ovi.  I had posted this rhyme about her once before but it came to mind again :)

There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

She stood on her head, on her little trundle bed,
With nobody by for to hinder;
She screamed and she squalled, she yelled and she bawled, 
And drummed her little heels against the winder.

Her mother heard the noise, and thought it was the boys
Playing in the empty attic,
She rushed upstairs, and caught her unawares,
And spanked her, most emphatic.

There is a follow up to the rhyme which I think is what has happened where Ovi is concerned:

Then one day that little girl
Brushed away that little curl
Away from the middle of her forehead
Now she is good
She is very, very good
And nobody thinks she is horrid!

The curl, of course, being Arjun :) 

vasu_2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Ash, yes, a little too late but better late than never. 

Vasu, you remembered that saying? Lol.  Yes, Ovi will be Ovi.  I had posted this rhyme about her once before but it came to mind again :)

There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

She stood on her head, on her little trundle bed,
With nobody by for to hinder;
She screamed and she squalled, she yelled and she bawled, 
And drummed her little heels against the winder.

Her mother heard the noise, and thought it was the boys
Playing in the empty attic,
She rushed upstairs, and caught her unawares,
And spanked her, most emphatic.

There is a follow up to the rhyme which I think is what has happened where Ovi is concerned:

Then one day that little girl
Brushed away that little curl
Away from the middle of her forehead
Now she is good
She is very, very good
And nobody thinks she is horrid!

The curl, of course, being Arjun :) 

Hi Janhvi, I remember seeing part of this in your earlier post but how very apt it sounds now. The curl is of course, her fancy for Arjun. How can her fancies be blamed, the grief is that the object has become unworthy of the fanciness.. Ash - Respecting your first line, here I stop.   
naava thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaishankar

Ash I would say ,its hard to brain-storm a reel life situation coz the if's n but's are made mockery in reel life i.e they have zero meaning except to either break head of one set of fan base n appease other set.

Logic has never existed ,after all this is a business for money based on TRP language.
The writers dont care what who thinks,if somehow TRP comes in ,the show /script is a hit for them.Unfortunately/fortunately we fans get connected to the characters deeply with their emotions which is taken advantage of by these folks.
So we can make a analysis today of who did what ,the very next day it might be polar opposite with the situations presented.
So I would say why break your head on something which does not exit.
All I can hope is instead of doing all the leap crap or continuing further,end the show in a dignified manner soon by re-uniting all and let actors n fans move on.

amen to that !!!  

(hi Jai ! 😊 )

newt2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
it is a nice write up.

when Archu told Ovi to understand the situation and come up in life with Arjun, it is for Ovi. she never said it won't work out when Ovi trickly took over Arjun from Purvi.

Arjun never thought this much when Purvi forced him to marry Ovi.

Archu now asked Arjun to sign the papers, it is only for Ovi again.

Manav is jumping up and down for Arjun spoiling Ovi's life. he was slient when Ovi cornered Purvi with a deal.

a year back Manav said Purvi gave life for Ovi. Today Manav is saying Purvi destyoed Ovi's life.

When Ovi said let Kidnappers kill Purvi, Manav didn't slap Ovi. Today he is blaming Purvi continuously for destroying Ovi life.

Whole family was begging Onir to treat Ovi. to save Ovi and her baby, Purvi came here. forgetting that in a fraction of second all are telling Purvi is the one who destroyed Ovi's life.

year back or now everything remains same. all the time it was Ovi whose happiness and decision is center of everything. all the others are just use and throw members.

If Ovi wants they all say 'yes we want'. If Ovi doesn't want then all say 'they don't want'.

we can scream and shout valid points. all those are to be only for fun and timepass. its a reel life and we can't expect any logic in it. when it is BT show, expecting even a touch of reality is beyond imagination.
Edited by newt2007 - 10 years ago
AshaNegiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: newt2007

it is a nice write up.

when Archu told Ovi to understand the situation and come up in life with Arjun, it is for Ovi. she never said it won't work out when Ovi trickly took over Arjun from Purvi.

Arjun never thought this much when Purvi forced him to marry Ovi.

Archu now asked Arjun to sign the papers, it is only for Ovi again.

Manav is jumping up and down for Arjun spoiling Ovi's life. he was slient when Ovi cornered Purvi with a deal.

a year back Manav said Purvi gave life for Ovi. Today Manav is saying Purvi destyoed Ovi's life.

When Ovi said let Kidnappers kill Purvi, Manav didn't slap Ovi. Today he is blaming Purvi continuously for destroying Ovi life.

Whole family was begging Onir to treat Ovi. to save Ovi and her baby, Purvi came here. forgetting that in a fraction of second all are telling Purvi is the one who destroyed Ovi's life.

year back or now everything remains same. all the time it was Ovi whose happiness and decision is center of everything. all the others are just use and throw members.

If Ovi wants they all say 'yes we want'. If Ovi doesn't want then all say 'they don't want'.

we can scream and shout valid points. all those are to be only for fun and timepass. its a reel life and we can't expect any logic in it. when it is BT show, expecting even a touch of reality is beyond imagination.

in sort, The D-and K-clan are puppets and the strings are in Ovi's hands
AshaNegiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ash, all the other people who have written replies👏⭐️
Balanced and neutral analysis, love it👍🏼
peachesnplums thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ash, this is such a nice write-up. I cannot believe people found things to 'bash' here. I thought you were more than kind to all of them.

I've said that all of them have been at fault - the family as well as trio-turned-quad.

Time may heal the wounds,but the scars will remain...I'll never forgive the writers for making a mess of it all and making ArVi everyone's punching bags for the longest.

Loved this -- "I truly wish that all the characters mentioned were like this -  positive attitude and willing to take on the world in the right, decent, positive and resilient way."

@Jhanvi Thanks for sharing That Little Girl
Seem quite suitable for Ovi here.