India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting (Page 9)

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Dance is a stylised form,that is what i am trying to say,that if in something as graceful as dance,we bring in stiffness,then acting is supposed to be much more true to the actual thing.

So,the stiffness is the way it supposed to be

I too believe that the director should have given better instructions,but honestly,now after what shyamala ma'am rightly pointed out.I dont think the director is at fault either.A king is supposed to be that way!

That is how we have always seen kinds being portrayed

And as far that scene in PRC,well,every king has his moments where weaknesses overpower him,same thing happened with prithvi i suppose. Embarrassed 

but yes,you do mention an important point here,a director plays a key role!

Dharmesh and noel were just excellent with PRC *the petty issues can be ignored,because in the end,PRC is always considered as one of the best historicals*

Edited by disha15 - 30 June 2013 at 9:23am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..nams..Amor.

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by disha15

I have tried to keep my cool.But i just need to vent some of my views too,since everyone here seems to have one of their own.

Its simple.An actor is like clay,he is moulded by the director.

Its director who wants him to behave that way.Why is it so difficult for people to understand that?

Rajat's posture,which has been bothering people SO very much,isn't his usual posture.Its what he is being asked to do.

And moreover,kings are not supposed to be epitome of grace,they define 'strength' and  'power'.

So just because he went head over heels for a girl,all of a sudden,he wont turn soft.

And for all those who think,somebody else should have been given the role,i just tend to laugh.Because,tell me,who else has been able to make such major impact playing a historical?

Just one.Rajat Tokas

So if he isn't good enough,then no one is!

There is a reason why he is famous.And it is NOT just because of his looks.Looks toh bohat logon ke paas hota hai,but he didn't become famous just because of that.it was because of the way he portrayed PRC.If you would have seen the show.you would have known,that the director is at fault here.

And i see SO many fangirls drooling  over their supposed favourite actors in other forums,where they just DO NOT stand even one word against their actor,even if the actor TRULY cant act *no offence* but just because he is 'hot'.

We are not such mindless pankhis. We showed respect,didn't we?We silently listened to everything.So please show some respect  to us as well and try to understand the issue here.

We dont mind criticism,but attacking the actor directly,how is that criticism?Say you dont like how Jalal is being shown,fine.but statements  like "Rajat cant act" etc,thats just not fair,considering most the people saying that havent seen his work before.And those who have,you did like him in PRC right?He did ACT well there,then how can one say that "he cant act"?

everyone knows he did a fabulous job as PRC.he didn't take those awards for no reason.Fine,the girls might watch a show for the actor's looks,what about the elders at home?Why would they watch it?The kids,why would they watch it?Obviously,not for the looks :D there must have been something right? 

You dont like how he is playing Jalal,fine.But blaming the actor for it is just unfair.He has made remarkable work previously,and that cant be just ignored.while there are a few who aren't liking him here,there is a vast population who is!And no,its not because of his looks.What is the problem if a good actor,has looks anyway?

You might say,the only people who like him,are the ones who watched PRC.but no,i have seen SO many other people (take our forum only for example) who havent watched PRC and yet are loving him.

One clearly does not know,what goes on the set,what goes on while editing!

The crappy piece of editing,screenplay and camerawork,why dont we talk about that?Even that plays a major role how it looks on screen.

I am not opposing anyone's views here,coz they clearly are yours.I respect it.I am just hoping that my views as a viewer are respected too.

No offence meant to anyone.

I don't understand why you are so upset. We were having a decently civil conversation about something that is quite important. Many people on the forum have expressed their dislike for the way Rajat is acting...that does not mean he is bad actor though. And perhaps the director is the one who has instructed Rajat to act in such way but the result is the same since Rajat is the one who is acting onscreen. Are we not allowed to talk about what we feel when we see each episode just because we have not seen PRC or any of his other shows? 
Who blamed Rajat outright? Who said he can't act? I cannot remember typing anything like that. I said that a lot of people have praised him so I am sure he is a great actor, but in this show perhaps he isn't showing his best.

I don't understand fans. I am not a fan of anyone, thus I simply do not get it. I like Brad Pitt, but still I may think he acted well in one movie and bad in another, even though he is Brad Pitt. I don't understand how to be a fan. I simply critique what I see. I may be more forgiving if I know that an actor is good but in this one movie he acted bad, but that does not mean I would blind myself to his faults and praise him when I think he didn't do a good job. 
I don't get it. Why is criticism so hard to take for fans? I don't get why you are taking this so personally. It is not a personal attack to anyone on this forum, it's a discussion about Rajat Tokas's portrayal of Akbar. Besides, criticism can only make you better afterall. 
And what are you implying by the bold part? What do you mean you showed us respect? I don't understand. Showed us respect by refraining to bash us (??) like they would in other forums for having a decent conversation about something we notice everytime we watch an episode. 
It is too soon for Jodha Akbar forum to become like all the other forums where you can't say a word against the hottie cuttie pie without getting bashed. Ofcourse I have not been bashed yet on this forum, but do let me know if I am allowed to make future threads where I am criticizing the actor Rajat Tokas. If not then there is no use for me to come back here. I will quit this forum like I have quit so many others, QB being the recent one. 

Btw, if this thread was actually attacking Rajat then I believe the mods would have closed it by now. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 30 June 2013 at 10:35am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fragrance18Sweet_KrishnaVasusenaRadheya

.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@nisha : that post was no way aimed at you.Just like everyone was stating what they felt,i stated what I felt..I believe we had met in another thread as well,where i clearly mentioned that i hold my pov,just like other hold theirs.

Nor did i say we are doing you a favour by not bashing.ofcourse not.I am just an ordinary person like everyone else,so obviously i dont hold special rights.I found people who were ridiculing his fans,just because we are his fans.I only said that i have seen fangirls of another actor,behaving psychotic for their supposed actors and we dont.Criticism is always welcome.trust me,i myself have ridiculed various factors about JA!my point is,if one doesn't like his portrayal of the character,putting the blame entirely on the actor is not right.

One can even blame ones taste of liking or disliking in that case.

Again,i wasn't aiming at you.It was general view of a viewer.

and upset?the only time i got upset was when i got  89 and missed a  90 in my boards LOL 

I understand ur point nisha,as i said people have difference of opinion.One may not agree with the other,but that doesn't mean either of them is wrong or right.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_onlyAmor.

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Excellent point. 

I'm not certain if it's bad direction or bad acting though.  In the sense he's very good in some scene while lacking in others. 

I think it's a bit of getting to know the character from both the director's end as well as the actor's. 

Ekta is a lot of things but all her actors are good. There is potential, great in fact. I guess a few more weeks to settle in and it'll be good. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_only

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

I have tried to keep my cool.But i just need to vent some of my views too,since everyone here seems to have one of their own.

Its simple.An actor is like clay,he is moulded by the director.

Its director who wants him to behave that way.Why is it so difficult for people to understand that?

Rajat's posture,which has been bothering people SO very much,isn't his usual posture.Its what he is being asked to do.

And moreover,kings are not supposed to be epitome of grace,they define 'strength' and  'power'.

So just because he went head over heels for a girl,all of a sudden,he wont turn soft.

And for all those who think,somebody else should have been given the role,i just tend to laugh.Because,tell me,who else has been able to make such major impact playing a historical?

Just one.Rajat Tokas

So if he isn't good enough,then no one is!

There is a reason why he is famous.And it is NOT just because of his looks.Looks toh bohat logon ke paas hota hai,but he didn't become famous just because of that.it was because of the way he portrayed PRC.If you would have seen the show.you would have known,that the director is at fault here.

And i see SO many fangirls drooling  over their supposed favourite actors in other forums,where they just DO NOT stand even one word against their actor,even if the actor TRULY cant act *no offence* but just because he is 'hot'.

We are not such mindless pankhis. We showed respect,didn't we?We silently listened to everything.So please show some respect  to us as well and try to understand the issue here.

We dont mind criticism,but attacking the actor directly,how is that criticism?Say you dont like how Jalal is being shown,fine.but statements  like "Rajat cant act" etc,thats just not fair,considering most the people saying that havent seen his work before.And those who have,you did like him in PRC right?He did ACT well there,then how can one say that "he cant act"?

everyone knows he did a fabulous job as PRC.he didn't take those awards for no reason.Fine,the girls might watch a show for the actor's looks,what about the elders at home?Why would they watch it?The kids,why would they watch it?Obviously,not for the looks :D there must have been something right? 

You dont like how he is playing Jalal,fine.But blaming the actor for it is just unfair.He has made remarkable work previously,and that cant be just ignored.while there are a few who aren't liking him here,there is a vast population who is!And no,its not because of his looks.What is the problem if a good actor,has looks anyway?

You might say,the only people who like him,are the ones who watched PRC.but no,i have seen SO many other people (take our forum only for example) who havent watched PRC and yet are loving him.

One clearly does not know,what goes on the set,what goes on while editing!

The crappy piece of editing,screenplay and camerawork,why dont we talk about that?Even that plays a major role how it looks on screen.

I am not opposing anyone's views here,coz they clearly are yours.I respect it.I am just hoping that my views as a viewer are respected too.

No offence meant to anyone.

I don't understand why you are so upset. We were having a decently civil conversation about something that is quite important. Many people on the forum have expressed their dislike for the way Rajat is acting...that does not mean he is bad actor though. And perhaps the director is the one who has instructed Rajat to act in such way but the result is the same since Rajat is the one who is acting onscreen. Are we not allowed to talk about what we feel when we see each episode just because we have not seen PRC or any of his other shows? 
Who blamed Rajat outright? Who said he can't act? I cannot remember typing anything like that. I said that a lot of people have praised him so I am sure he is a great actor, but in this show perhaps he isn't showing his best.

I don't understand fans. I am not a fan of anyone, thus I simply do not get it. I like Brad Pitt, but still I may think he acted well in one movie and bad in another, even though he is Brad Pitt. I don't understand how to be a fan. I simply critique what I see. I may be more forgiving if I know that an actor is good but in this one movie he acted bad, but that does not mean I would blind myself to his faults and praise him when I think he didn't do a good job. 
I don't get it. Why is criticism so hard to take for fans? I don't get why you are taking this so personally. It is not a personal attack to anyone on this forum, it's a discussion about Rajat Tokas's portrayal of Akbar. Besides, criticism can only make you better afterall. 
And what are you implying by the bold part? What do you mean you showed us respect? I don't understand. Showed us respect by refraining to bash us (??) like they would in other forums for having a decent conversation about something we notice everytime we watch an episode. 
It is too soon for Jodha Akbar forum to become like all the other forums where you can't say a word against the hottie cuttie pie without getting bashed. Ofcourse I have not been bashed yet on this forum, but do let me know if I am allowed to make future threads where I am criticizing the actor Rajat Tokas. If not then there is no use for me to come back here. I will quit this forum like I have quit so many others, QB being the recent one. 

Btw, if this thread was actually attacking Rajat then I believe the mods would have closed it by now. 

Hello Nisha. I believe no one was bashing you or trying to hurt you intentionally. I know Disha a little, and she is quite delightful. We are only asking all of you to give him a little time. He is quite good already, and he will get better. And about taking it personally, well, we are his fans. We are a little too quick to take everything personally, but that does not mean we don't understand your perspective either. I am a Rajat fan, and I tried to understand your post and found it to be somewhat true. I hope this does not create any misunderstandings between any of us. We are all friends here. enjoying the same show. Smile Hope I didn't offend you. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

fragrance18neha_only.FemmeFatale.Amor.

.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
thanks for having my back annie. Thats exactly what i meant.

I myself have ridiculed things i disliked.Bairam khan,i fondly call bairu for heavens sake Silly

And trust me i am not some psychotic fan who would go to any limits to prove my point right. i have seen such amusing visuals in a another forum ROFL i am  not part of those forums,but when one has been part of IF for so long,you tend to peekaboo LOL it just amazes me how some people consider opposing any negative comments about their favourite actor is the sole aim in their life.then again,we live in India,where sachin is god and cricket, a religion.I certainly have other important things to do.

As i said,we have different opinions,that's it.no one is right or wrong,we are just different.

We might disagree on this factor,but we might agree on another.

.GrangerMalfoy.

.GrangerMalfoy. IF-Rockerz
.GrangerMalfoy.
.GrangerMalfoy.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

thanks for having my back annie. Thats exactly what i meant.

I myself have ridiculed things i disliked.Bairam khan,i fondly call bairu for heavens sake Silly

And trust me i am not some psychotic fan who would go to any limits to prove my point right. i have seen such amusing visuals in a another forum ROFL i am not part of those forums,but when one has been part of IF for so long,you tend to peekaboo LOL it just amazes me how some people consider opposing any negative comments about their favourite actor is the sole aim in their life.then again,we live in India,where sachin is god and cricket, a religion.I certainly have other important things to do.

As i said,we have different opinions,that's it.no one is right or wrong,we are just different.

We might disagree on this factor,but we might agree on another.

heheh!! I think the poor girl's spent so much time in 'another' forum that she isn't able to believe that you can actually criticise a person's favourite actor and still have a civil discussion.!!
@nisha- i'm not making fun of you. Just the forum that you seem to have been a part of as i can see from your dp, and ya i loved that show. Addiction that vo mera, par uss forum mein post banana khatre se khaali ni tha. People ganged up on you man!

.FemmeFatale.

Amor. IF-Stunnerz
Amor.
Amor.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
@nisha
chill dear
we r not bashing u
just u said that u was sharing ur POV just like that me disha n others shared ours
we hv not said that u was wrng we asked u to give him sum time n m sure u'll change ur opinion abt his acting very soon.
ur posts r most welcumed in the forum afterall critism makes a person better n trust me rajat will not disappoint u
when in future u say akbar than the only person u visualize will b rajat
so dnt mind
its just difference of opinions nothing offensive against u or ur thread.

n yes WE Rians are not like this we had a very clear record we never ever bash a post/actor/person
never i personally stay away from such places n as far as healthy discussion is going on i hv no problem with it but yes i agree to one point , we r his fans so yes we do feel bad after reading such things but we r not maniacs we r civil ppl Wink

Edited by Amor. - 30 June 2013 at 12:05pm

.FemmeFatale.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index