Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting (Page 6)

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sweet_Krishna

Rajat is not only rigid but he is faking the voice as well. His actual voice is boyish which gives away when he has a roaring laughter.Rest of the times, he is uttering dialogues by bringing unnecessary huskiness in order to prove himself mature.Moreover, he is acting like a psycho when portraying Akbar like turning his head sideways, popping out his eyeballs, smirking non stop. He was acting like a lunatic while watching Jodhaa while there was a storm. His appearance is majestic but not his voice and facial expressions. Some one else would have done greater justice to the role. Paridhi is much more mature than him in all the fields. He is a good actor but he is CUTE and that cuteness and softness is acting against him.

I do have to say I agree with you. Paridhi is doing an amazing job and she comes off as a very mature woman. But Rajat comes off as someone too young trying to act as someone older. I can't help but think that perhaps it would be better if they had cast someone older...say someone in late 20's. Someone who had a huskier voice naturally. But then again Rajat's appearance does seem believable that he is a king. He does have a majestic air, but his acting needs to improve a lot more. A lot of people are finding fault with his voice but I for some reason don't mind. I don't notice what others are noticing about his voice. And I am happy...one less thing against Rajat. 
The only issue I have is the rigidity...his voice is fine. 
Maybe someone else might have done a better job as Akbar but I do like the pair...I like Rajat Tokas and Paridhi together. They make an adorable pair. 
I am going to give Rajat time because for some reason I have come to adore this show. I wait for the next episode eagerly. So Rajat's rigidity obviously is not enough for me to turn away from this show. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotimeVasusenaRadheya

fragrance18 Groupbie
fragrance18
fragrance18

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
I have watched Rajat in PRC and DV, in Keshav pandit and Tere liye too. If you see PRC, you will find the fineness and brilliance of his acting. He is tremendous, even as a kid he has the command of a king. The age factor doesn't come at all. In DV, he is good but the storyline was only inadequate so what could he do.IN KP, he did justice to his role and in the minor role of robindo in Tere liye too.
But yes the potential that he showed in PRC was seldom utilized later.

And though I am his fan, I honestly accept that his acting in JA particularly in scenes showing aggression and ruthlessness is forced. He is not natural, it seems he is trying too hard( may be because he has struggled a lot before JA) to show his talent.His eyes popping out, and his smirking and a forced husky voice sometimes does give you a setback, when you are expecting a better and mature performance from him.
I don't think that he doesn't suit the role, because he has the sense of majesty.Only he needs be a bit natural,and then you can see his fine acting. He is actually now  SACHIN IN NERVOUS NINETIES, not showing his phenomenal shots but very cautious.
And yes, one more reason why i feel he may seem rigid is that for the first time he is playing a negative character.Till now only scenes showing his ruthlessness have been shown.So, may be he will take sometime to adjust in the character. i wish he becomes a bit more serious and grave like his khan baba.
But I hope, that with Akbar's character taking a positive turn, he will surely amaze you with his acting.
He has the potential, just the director and he himself needs to direct him in the right direction.
Hope he corrects his flaws.
Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotime

Sonal99 Goldie
Sonal99
Sonal99

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Saw him in yesterday's episode and found some improvement. Guess he will improve with time. He is indeed very talented.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smile.sara

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:36am | IP Logged
I have tried to keep my cool.But i just need to vent some of my views too,since everyone here seems to have one of their own.

Its simple.An actor is like clay,he is moulded by the director.

Its director who wants him to behave that way.Why is it so difficult for people to understand that?

Rajat's posture,which has been bothering people SO very much,isn't his usual posture.Its what he is being asked to do.

And moreover,kings are not supposed to be epitome of grace,they define 'strength' and  'power'.

So just because he went head over heels for a girl,all of a sudden,he wont turn soft.

And for all those who think,somebody else should have been given the role,i just tend to laugh.Because,tell me,who else has been able to make such major impact playing a historical?

Just one.Rajat Tokas

So if he isn't good enough,then no one is!

There is a reason why he is famous.And it is NOT just because of his looks.Looks toh bohat logon ke paas hota hai,but he didn't become famous just because of that.it was because of the way he portrayed PRC.If you would have seen the show.you would have known,that the director is at fault here.

And i see SO many fangirls drooling  over their supposed favourite actors in other forums,where they just DO NOT stand even one word against their actor,even if the actor TRULY cant act *no offence* but just because he is 'hot'.

We are not such mindless pankhis. We showed respect,didn't we?We silently listened to everything.So please show some respect  to us as well and try to understand the issue here.

We dont mind criticism,but attacking the actor directly,how is that criticism?Say you dont like how Jalal is being shown,fine.but statements  like "Rajat cant act" etc,thats just not fair,considering most the people saying that havent seen his work before.And those who have,you did like him in PRC right?He did ACT well there,then how can one say that "he cant act"?

everyone knows he did a fabulous job as PRC.he didn't take those awards for no reason.Fine,the girls might watch a show for the actor's looks,what about the elders at home?Why would they watch it?The kids,why would they watch it?Obviously,not for the looks :D there must have been something right? 

You dont like how he is playing Jalal,fine.But blaming the actor for it is just unfair.He has made remarkable work previously,and that cant be just ignored.while there are a few who aren't liking him here,there is a vast population who is!And no,its not because of his looks.What is the problem if a good actor,has looks anyway?

You might say,the only people who like him,are the ones who watched PRC.but no,i have seen SO many other people (take our forum only for example) who havent watched PRC and yet are loving him.

One clearly does not know,what goes on the set,what goes on while editing!

The crappy piece of editing,screenplay and camerawork,why dont we talk about that?Even that plays a major role how it looks on screen.

I am not opposing anyone's views here,coz they clearly are yours.I respect it.I am just hoping that my views as a viewer are respected too.

No offence meant to anyone.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

princess1234pranita1202Tanvi.narula.GrangerMalfoy...nams..lily_k25chahat4usmile.saraAutumn_RoseStar_girlAmor.pratsy

leelu0001 IF-Dazzler
leelu0001
leelu0001

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged
agree with u disha i am unable to understand this prob

they dont like rajats voice or rigid posture his acting and yet the episodes and scenes of jalal are the ones appreciated the most, as most of the threads are created for those scenes

then its said its because of his looks ok so whats wrong with that, he is good looking actor, i watch five other serials just cos the leads are good looking or the lead actress wheres good salwars in the serial and all these serials are top on the trp list,  i dont find any serial doing well cos it has a good story or something infact all these serials are pulled off air due to low trps, so the general public likes a good looking actor and rajat is lucky

but as fans u have full rights to criticise some scenes u dont like or in this instance the way rajat walks but to say rajat cant act just cos of that is taking it too far. if he was acting so badly the serial wouldnt be doing so well

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

..nams..sashashyamsmile.sarachahat4u.FemmeFatale.pratsyAmor.

.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged
^^word! Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanvi.narulachahat4usmile.sarapratsy

.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blahblah26

And about the keeping one hand behind his back thing. That was how kings actually stood then. That was their posture. I don't remember where i've read or seen this but that was how rhings were back then.

exactly my point!

Forget about big shot television shows,when we as kids enacted in school plays also,we were asked to act stiff! Its only logical.What would be the difference between an ordinary man and an emperor otherwise?

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

leelu0001Tanvi.narula..nams..sashashyamchahat4usmile.saraAmor.pratsy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:59am | IP Logged
My dear Amy,

You would be far too young to have any idea of the classic film Mughal-e-Azam, but the hands behind the back is just like the way the great Dilip Kumar played Prince Salim. It was probably meant to keep the back absolutely stiff and straight, as befits royalty.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by Amy-

That walking around with hands at the back reminds me of students going to the assembly and then back to classrooms  in a line, with heads bowed down and hands on the back to stop them from badmaashiLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

..nams..chahat4u.FemmeFatale.pratsyAmor.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index