India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting (Page 4)

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
A couple of people made the argument that he has to act this way so that later when he is a changed man...when he is sweet, we will know the difference. But that is actually offensive if it's really true. It says that the directors and producers think their audience is so dumb that the only way we can distinguish emotion is if they are on two ends of a spectrum. Not many people are wholly good or wholly evil, most of us lie somewhere between these two extremes. Plus, there is such a thing as subtlety. I was just talking about this the other day on QH forum that the people who make the Indian tv shows think that subtlety does not exist, or that the viewers cannot understand it when we see it. It's absurd really because subtlety makes everything much better. If Akbar's acting was more subtle, it wouldn't come off as rigid. We can read between the lines you know, we don't need everything spelled out for us. 

The argument that the directors are making him do this...okay I can accept that. That just makes me think the directors are extremely incompetent though. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotime.Nitzy..libran90adeeti10sweet_gargismile.sara

john909 Goldie
john909
john909

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
i have seen rajat's work since saibaba and PRC he just blew my mind. he did an amazing job in dharamveer, keshav pandit and tere liye (he was negative for some time),
JA is a challenge because for the first time he is playing a psycho (at times) and lil bit more negative character . ya i agree about the bulging eyes thing. well i would say the show just started, i am hopeful and just waiting for him to perfect that part too. i would say that rajat has a lot of intensity when it comes to playing positive character. 
so far rajat's being young is concerned, the guy is around 20-21 years old. i say he is perfect for this role. they cant have anyone who is like 30. 
the only soln is ekta can ask rajat to workout more and build a physique.  that would help a lot and mask his height issue and age issue

Edited by john909 - 27 June 2013 at 10:45am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fragrance18smile.saraAutumn_Rose

dolly_negi Senior Member
dolly_negi
dolly_negi

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
i hv seen rajat other shows n i likd his actng in dm bt i m a bit disappointed vd hs acting in jodha akbar...i sumtym feel hs actng lyk a physco path...i jst wish dt he potray hs character a bit more well..missing dt old rajat..bt i m pretty sure he vl improve n vl gv hs best..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_only

nobodyatnotime Senior Member
nobodyatnotime
nobodyatnotime

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Can I just say something to all the regulars of this forum? I really like how you appreciate Suryabhaan even though you are rooting for Akbar-Jodha. And I also like the unbiased way you have reacted to Nisha's post. In another forum (& Nisha probably knows which one I'm talking aboutTongue) she would have been blasted into seventh hell by now.
So, I just want to say that you guys are great and may you always watch shows in such unbiased and open minds.

About Rajat's acting- hmm...I think the kind of roles he played in PRC and DV- a teenaged heroic prince: he was good, quite good. I did not watch much of Tere Liye, but I think he was okay as the spoilt brat younger brother. Rajat as Akbar- hmm, I confess I was taken a little aback. I would have expected somebody more mature, but let's just say, Akbar is young ruler brainwashed by others at this point- Rajat's acting is not too bad, but he should be more subtle rather than so forceful all the times.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_onlyAmy-adeeti10avyarimasweet_gargiStar_girl..Amri..smile.sara

Amy- Senior Member
Amy-
Amy-

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
^^ i guess the acceptance and coolness comes to some extend fro the fact that there is historical proof that Jodha is partneed with Akbar Wink. in the other shows it depends on the whims of the creatives and TRPLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotime

pranita1202 Goldie
pranita1202
pranita1202

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged
i guess actors are like wet cement . its upto director n others to mold him

for example , in ram gopal verma ki aag ,

in one interview ramu said that big B , didn't interfere in creativity department of the movie though he was part of sholay.

we all know how AAG turned out to be

all i m saying no matter how great the actor is he is following directors instructions .

in this case its also the same.

but i respect ur POV n agree that healthy discussion should done.

and give show time. it will cum around

if u see all the other tv hotties which we are drooling, see the first epi's of their HIT shows or even other shows . they grow with time n act far better than first epis. 

this apply to actor n actress , they grow towards betterment with time

as directors evaluates the aspects n actors gets involved in the role

==============================================================

ekta is novice in historical shows . period
u can differ but thats my pov

she doesn't have strong team for historical shows , as she has for the family shows . if u see ekta's family shows , few first epi's are authentic n close too reality n simply awesome (eg- pavitra rishta among others) . ofcourse later its ruined.LOL

========================================

but coming to this show lot has to be done n as story progresses it will be definitely be done

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sakhi1neha_onlynobodyatnotimeavyarimaAutumn_RoseStar_girlchahat4u.FemmeFatale.

.GrangerMalfoy. IF-Rockerz
.GrangerMalfoy.
.GrangerMalfoy.

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Well, as you can see he has improved a lot in the latest episodes. He has actually produced another expression. But I don't think it's his fault, the same expression again and again thing because there has been very little Akbar. It's been mostly Jodha. We'll see more and more of him as the focus shifts from the Rajputs to the Mughals after marriage.
And about the keeping one hand behind his back thing. That was how kings actually stood then. That was their posture. I don't remember where i've read or seen this but that was how rhings were back then.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_onlyavyarimachahat4u.FemmeFatale.Star_girl

nobodyatnotime Senior Member
nobodyatnotime
nobodyatnotime

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pranita1202

i guess actors are like wet cement . its upto director n others to mold him

all i m saying no matter how great the actor is he is following directors instructions . 

in this case its also the same.

but i respect ur POV n agree that healthy discussion should done.

and give show time. it will cum around

if u see all the other tv hotties which we are drooling, see the first epi's of their HIT shows or even other shows . they grow with time n act far better than first epis. 

this apply to actor n actress , they grow towards betterment with time

as directors evaluates the aspects n actors gets involved in the role

==============================================================

ekta is novice in historical shows . period
u can differ but thats my pov

she doesn't have strong team for historical shows , as she has for the family shows . if u see ekta's family shows , few first epi's are authentic n close too reality n simply awesome (eg- pavitra rishta among others) . ofcourse later its ruined.LOL

========================================

but coming to this show lot has to be done n as story progresses it will be definitely be done

I do agree with you- not a great fan of K-serials ever, but yeah, they all begin well. I actually hate her more for this- she or her creatives clearly know how to tell a story, so what happens in the middle? Why the same twists and turns over and over again? (Prepare for a lot of wicked saas stuff when Mahamanga and Jodha finally face off)- as for her historical shows- just 3 words: "Kahani Mahabharat Ki".
As someone who has been a fan of Rajat, I do hope this show goes a little better than the last one. For now it does seem she has learned a little from her last adventure- characters in Mahabharat were speaking typical K-serial Hindi, here their language is more appropriate to their backgrounds and time. Also, remember the disastrous clothes in Mahabharat? Here she has refrained from experimentation at least. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neha_onlypranita1202.FemmeFatale.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index