Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting (Page 2)

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Stargirl06

Yes, I didn't watch PRC either, only watched it in bits after starting with this show. To know more about Rajat actually. He does seem a little rigid, but I guess that will go away with time. Although, the part where he picks up the payal with one of his hands behind his back was very symbolic and interesting to me. It reflected how he is not out of control even when faced with temptation and infatuation. I don't mind his posture, he's like our version of Mr. Darcy. LOL He just needs to tone down the "bulging eyes" bit a little and he's golden. I blame the production house for this. They want to portray Akbar as a psycho so that his transformation seems all the more dramatic. 

Oh, please don't compare him to Mr. Darcy. Colin Firth was well...Colin Firth there are no words to describe his acting. Even Matthew McFayden was brilliant. 

I see what you are saying about not losing control but there are ways to show you are not losing control without seeming rigid. Besides your argument about him being rigid to show he is not losing control would have more weight if he wasn't forever rigid. Rajat does not change his stance at all unless he is ofcourse pulling his little knife out and threatening someone...which happens quite often. 

On the contrary, I think he is truly smitten which is why his acting in that scene is very off. On the one hand, he threw his hand in the fire to get the payal out which some might claim is a very fierce act. It's very passionate. The way he was looking at the payal, then the dream about kidnapping her...all that says that he is infact a bit out of control. If not completely out of control than atleast a little which is why the acting is very off. It would have made more sense to be more fluid. 
Nways just my opinion. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

libran90adeeti10

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Super Kool

Nice postThumbs Up why should anybody bash you yar...???Wacko Healthy discussion is always greatHug

Yup, there are a lot of areas that can be worked upon and improved...i hope with time the show, actors are gonna improve...Fingers crossed...

I am guessing you probably haven't been around some of the other forums. One tip...if you do ever visit them do not make a thread criticizing the main actor like this because you will seriously get bashed. A lot of people on IF do not understand healthy discussion. A lot of them simply blindly follow the actor and treat him as god...put him on a pedestal (all this because he is HOT...they can't see anything past the hotness) where everything he does is right and just and no one can criticize him without being bashed. Trust me I have come across so many irrational people here...you would think they were brainwashed. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 26 June 2013 at 2:40pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

.Nitzy..QtnNottilibran90adeeti10Super KoolAlmas.pluviophile.

Super Kool IF-Sizzlerz
Super Kool
Super Kool

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

Originally posted by Super Kool

Nice postThumbs Up why should anybody bash you yar...???Wacko Healthy discussion is always greatHug

Yup, there are a lot of areas that can be worked upon and improved...i hope with time the show, actors are gonna improve...Fingers crossed...

You probably haven't been around some of the other forums. One tip...if you do every visit them do not make a thread criticizing the main actor like this because you will seriously get bashed. A lot of people on IF do not understand healthy discussion. A lot of them simply blindly follow the actor and treat him as god...put him on a pedestal (all this because he is HOT...they can't see anything past the hotness) where everything he does is right and just and no one can criticize him without being bashed. Trust me I have come across so many irrational people here...you would think they were brainwashed. 

Ohhk...bashing and stuff is annoying...Dead

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

QtnNottiavyarimalibran90---Nisha---

PoojaAmla Goldie

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10

xDoppelgangerx IF-Rockerz
xDoppelgangerx
xDoppelgangerx

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
I like him but thanks for sharing your opinion 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avyarima

adeeti10 Goldie
adeeti10
adeeti10

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Hey Nisha,
Glad you brought it up. I feel the same. In fact, I had high expectations since I saw a lot of praising him to high heavens. So now I'm disappointed with him and surprisingly pleased with the girl playing jodha.

The eye bulging thing and ber wide smile gets to me, as does his stance. Also I imagined someone with a deeper voice. Like someone said, he comes across as young. Any idea how old Jalal is supposed to be at this point in the show? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

libran90AshaNegiFan

Sonal99 Goldie
Sonal99
Sonal99

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
I have a problem with his voice - it seems like he is trying really hard to make it sound deep.

The rigidity comes from the fact that he tends to tilt his head too much while giving any dialogues.

They are trying all these things to create a certain personna but we are not connecting with it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

libran90adeeti10AshaNegiFan

SonyaBlade Goldie
SonyaBlade
SonyaBlade

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
First, I'm super happy to finally be back in IF. It's been years that a drama has caught my attention And I'm glad I got to this show right when it started. I'm also new to seeing Rajat on screen and I whole heartedly agree with what you has said.

But with the comments about protraying the evilness of the Mughals my take on it is that they want most if not all of them to be considered villains and bad. Once the wedding happens, which most are going to not agree with, (Jalal getting married to a Rajput) then they are going to try to make her life hell.

But, it's only then that we will see our stern, forbidding, rigid, fearsome Jalal turn into a lovesick humane ruler who allows freedom of religion, proper taxes, rules, regulations, etc.   I think the overacting to a certain agree will allow the extreme chane in personality to be shown once Jodhaa starts to melt his heart.

It's definitely going to be fireworks Between the two of them once they are married. Although the multiple wives issue( even if true) I could live without.

Thanks for opening up this discussion.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

avyarimalibran90AshaNegiFan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index