Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting (Page 13)

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

blahblah- oh thank god you also thought the skirt thing was simply crazy. I thought people my grandmother's age were the only ones who would object to skirts. But there the whole forum lit up like 4th of jult. You know you and I might have met there during that long painful debate. 

Okay, I will shut up about it. Who knows they really are lurking around here.
And you know that is a good excuse...that things like that happened all the time during those times. As long as there is no rape involved...Ekta did include rape in many of her other shows and then showed the rapist marrying the poor gal but I highly doubt she would do that in this show. 

I just hope this show doesnt turn into a daily soap because Ekta's shows always start amazing and then turn into kitchen politics. I would rather she focus on rajniti and romance rather than kitchen politics. But I think it is inevitable with mahamanga. Oh well, that is a long way away right now I am excited for tomorrow's epi. 

No, Ekta's only show that sort of had a marital rape thing between husband and wife was Kayamath, and even there the aggression did not end with rape, Milind did not rape her/ And what happened between Ansh and Nandini ended with Tulsi killing her son. Mukti was not raped by her lover. Yes, Ekta's heroes are aggressive, but the entire industry is filled with such heroes. Big smile Jaye toh jaye kahan. And yes, I hope she does not turn this into another of her stupid shows. The historical context of it gives me a little hope. 

libran90 Goldie
libran90
libran90

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

Firstly, WOW. We went from 47th rank or something like that to 13. 
So yeah!!!!

I will let you know right from the start. This thread is not going to be popular considering everyone seems to love Rajat so much. I just hope I don't get bashed like I used to in QB and IPK and MB forum when I state how I truly feel. 
Now getting back to the reason I made the thread. I have been told that Rajat is an amazing actor by practically everyone on this forum. I have heard he acted very well in his other historical shows. And I am sure he did, but I am finding his portrayal of Akbar lacking. I find it very annoying the way he forever stands with his hands behind his back. I understand that he is a shehenshah, but the way he stands like that is annoying. I liked today's episode, but I couldn't help but feel distracted by Rajat's rigid stance. When he bent over to pick up the payal...even then one of his hands were behind his back. Wouldn't it be more natural to just flow...to be fluid...to take that hand from behind your back and put it on your knee while bending down? I don't know why this is so irksome to me but it just is.

Plus, I am scared of his bulging eyes. Scared that one of these days his eyeballs are going to pop out of his socket. 
I don't know about his acting in the past historical shows because I have not watched them, but all I can speak of is what I see on my tv, rather laptop, screen. I feel like he is trying to hard to portray Akbar's ruthlessness and in doing so he is looking a bit absurd to me. He comes off too rigid. He needs to loosen up a bit. He needs to not crook his head everytime he is angry or fascinated (like he did today when Jodha was looking at him in the water). 
When you use the same expressions everytime to portray a feeling...it becomes repetitive. 
Maybe I am being too harsh, but this is simply how I feel. I actually really like Jodha's acting. I would have thought I would have a problem with Paridhi considering she is fairly new compared to Rajat. Maybe he is just having a hard time playing a larger than life negative character. I believe he has always played a positive character (with the exception of Tere Liye) so it may be hard for him. 

One thing I liked though was how his eyes softened up when he had the payal in his hands after he got it out of the fire. The portrayal of someone smitten by the beauty of a woman was clear on his face when his eyes softened up like butter. It's his rigidity that I have a problem with. 

Written very well...so for thatClap

And you did a good thing that you wrote it...cos i was someday thinking of writing a post on this topic...so aapne meri muh ki baat cheen li...

Rajat's stance is the posture which an Emperor usually has...so that is not quite a problem for me...cos he is a royal...so that is quite a regal posture...

But expressions...i completely agree...Rajat jo evilness and ruthlessness ka expression laate hai...wo bahut hi forced lagta hai...he needs to soften up a little bit on that...negativity can also be shown with subtlety...so a little scope for improvement on that...

But the way he gawks at Jodha...i don't like it...if he is admiring her...then expression kuch different hona chahiye...cos the way he looks at her...sometimes becomes so hard...that he looks like,pardon my language,but please don't get offended...like a lech...so please...Rajat...aap jab bhi Jodha ko admire karne mein busy ho...to please thoda sa soft kijiye expressions ko...

And as far as Paridhi is concerned..she is doing quite a good job...She portrays strong and soft shades,both very well...

Edited by libran90 - 01 July 2013 at 12:58am
.GrangerMalfoy. IF-Rockerz
.GrangerMalfoy.
.GrangerMalfoy.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

blahblah- oh thank god you also thought the skirt thing was simply crazy. I thought people my grandmother's age were the only ones who would object to skirts. But there the whole forum lit up like 4th of jult. You know you and I might have met there during that long painful debate.

Okay, I will shut up about it. Who knows they really are lurking around here.
And you know that is a good excuse...that things like that happened all the time during those times. As long as there is no rape involved...Ekta did include rape in many of her other shows and then showed the rapist marrying the poor gal but I highly doubt she would do that in this show.

I just hope this show doesnt turn into a daily soap because Ekta's shows always start amazing and then turn into kitchen politics. I would rather she focus on rajniti and romance rather than kitchen politics. But I think it is inevitable with mahamanga. Oh well, that is a long way away right now I am excited for tomorrow's epi.

EDIT- I just read the above post. Were you stalking my CC thread or something during IPK times because I swear my friends and I said the same thing about the oily hotwa. LOL LOL

Dude, don't get me started on the skirt thingy. I made one post there and i realised then and there that they would never understand.
hehehe... I don't really remember anyone, never made many posts or tried to make friends, those people scared me *shudder* but the people in this forum are so sweet i just can't resist talking.
I tried watching CC just because i felt loyal towards Sanaya but 4 episodes were all I could bear. After they replaced Farhan i thought i'll give it a go but couldn't bring myself to it, way out of my league.
Dude, they show rape and I don't care how hot the chemistry is, how good the show is, i quit then and there unless they show the rapist getting proper punishment.
I do have self-respect,
.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
annie,i can think of another marital rape!kasauti zindagi ki!when jenny was playing her daughter or something and ksg was her hero,some khichdi there

i dont rememba exactly.but that track just shocked me

anyway lets not bring it up here.i am sure as hell she wont risk all that with a historical.
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by disha15

annie,i can think of another marital rape!kasauti zindagi ki!when jenny was playing her daughter or something and ksg was her hero,some khichdi there

anyway lets not bring it up here.i am sure as hell she wont risk all that with a historical.

Yes, that was the Mukti track. But Mukti was not forced to marry her rapist, KSG that is, Jenny's husband.  She was in love with Prem, and her relationship with Prem was very beautiful. Yes, lets not. These are horrible things to talk about anyway. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FemmeFatale.

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Stargirl- Okay agreed they didn't marry the rapists. But I always feel uneasy whenever rape is even brought up. 

Nways can anyone suggest any fanfiction for JA. I was actually going to write a One Shot, but I am bored. 
Btw, I hope mods don't shut this thread down. We are all spamming. LOL

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 30 June 2013 at 1:37pm
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Stargirl06

Originally posted by disha15

Yes, that was the Mukti track. But Mukti was not forced to marry her rapist, KSG that is, Jenny's husband.  She was in love with Prem, and her relationship with Prem was very beautiful. Yes, lets not. These are horrible things to talk about anyway. 

as i said,i hardly remember ROFL god prerna and the number of kids she had!my mom is fed with just two Silly

I had a strong liking for prem's character.No wonder i like jalal,i always like the flawed heroes
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

Stargirl- Okay agreed they didn't marry the rapists. But I always feel uneasy whenever rape is even brought up. 

Nways can anyone suggest any fanfiction for JA. I was actually going to write a One Shot, but I am bored. 

Dude,i think we even have an index here.

i havent got the time to actually read any of them properly,but i dunno.

Someone read and let me know LOL

I for one,am a sucker for dark and twisted stories!So if something like that comes up, i would actually follow it.

Nandini (sweethshera) she is one kickass writer!her diction,maa kasam!I so love her!can never be bored of her stories.

even i was thinking of an os,but then,no time,man LOL okay fine,got a bit lazy Tongue

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index