Rajat's rigid acting - Page 11

Posted: 10 years ago
Stargirl- Okay agreed they didn't marry the rapists. But I always feel uneasy whenever rape is even brought up. 

Nways can anyone suggest any fanfiction for JA. I was actually going to write a One Shot, but I am bored. 
Btw, I hope mods don't shut this thread down. We are all spamming. ðŸ˜†
Edited by ---Nisha--- - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Stargirl06

Yes, that was the Mukti track. But Mukti was not forced to marry her rapist, KSG that is, Jenny's husband.  She was in love with Prem, and her relationship with Prem was very beautiful. Yes, lets not. These are horrible things to talk about anyway. 

as i said,i hardly remember ðŸĪĢ god prerna and the number of kids she had!my mom is fed with just two ðŸĪŠ

I had a strong liking for prem's character.No wonder i like jalal,i always like the flawed heroes
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

Stargirl- Okay agreed they didn't marry the rapists. But I always feel uneasy whenever rape is even brought up. 

Nways can anyone suggest any fanfiction for JA. I was actually going to write a One Shot, but I am bored. 

Dude,i think we even have an index here.

i havent got the time to actually read any of them properly,but i dunno.

Someone read and let me know ðŸ˜†

I for one,am a sucker for dark and twisted stories!So if something like that comes up, i would actually follow it.

Nandini (sweethshera) she is one kickass writer!her diction,maa kasam!I so love her!can never be bored of her stories.

even i was thinking of an os,but then,no time,man ðŸ˜† okay fine,got a bit lazy ðŸ˜›

we have gone completely off topic ðŸĪĢ

am i the one to blame? ðŸ˜› oh come on,we are having fun at the end of the day.

A lot of unresolved issues with some characters were brought up!

cheers to that!
Originally posted by disha15

we have gone completely off topic ðŸĪĢ

am i the one to blame? ðŸ˜› oh come on,we are having fun at the end of the day.

A lot of unresolved issues with some characters were brought up!

cheers to that!

I am actually writing an OS. I started it last night but then got too lazy. 
Someone wrote about a promo the other day but they were just pulling our leg...about Jodha falling into Akbar's arms. Well I wanted to write about it. 

Got tum hi ho (love that song man) playing and typing...
Edited by ---Nisha--- - 10 years ago

I am actually writing an OS. I started it last night but then got too lazy. 
Someone wrote about a promo the other day but they were just pulling our leg...about Jodha falling into Akbar's arms. Well I wanted to write about it. 

Got tum hi ho (love that song man) playing and typing...

looking forward to it!

ah that song.ðŸ˜ģ beautiful!
Disha my dear,

Can you tell me which is the Jodha-Akbar theme song that is played whenever they are linked in a scene, what they would call a leitmotif in the West? It is absolutely lovely, and I have of course heard it before, but  I cannot place it now. Thanks in advance.

Shyamala Aunty (better than Shyamalaji, don't you think?)
Originally posted by sashashyam

Disha my dear,

Can you tell me which is the Jodha-Akbar theme song that is played whenever they are linked in a scene, what they would call a leitmotif in the West? It is absolutely lovely, and I have of course heard it before, but  I cannot place it now. Thanks in advance.

Do let me know if you find out...I find myself humming it without thought. 
Originally posted by sashashyam

Disha my dear,

you mean the background music they give for jodha and akbar scenes right?

a few members have been kind enough to upload them for us

here you go shyamala aunty (it does sound better ðŸ˜†)

this is the youtube link

Firstly, WOW. We went from 47th rank or something like that to 13. 
So yeah!!!!

I will let you know right from the start. This thread is not going to be popular considering everyone seems to love Rajat so much. I just hope I don't get bashed like I used to in QB and IPK and MB forum when I state how I truly feel. 
Now getting back to the reason I made the thread. I have been told that Rajat is an amazing actor by practically everyone on this forum. I have heard he acted very well in his other historical shows. And I am sure he did, but I am finding his portrayal of Akbar lacking. I find it very annoying the way he forever stands with his hands behind his back. I understand that he is a shehenshah, but the way he stands like that is annoying. I liked today's episode, but I couldn't help but feel distracted by Rajat's rigid stance. When he bent over to pick up the payal...even then one of his hands were behind his back. Wouldn't it be more natural to just flow...to be fluid...to take that hand from behind your back and put it on your knee while bending down? I don't know why this is so irksome to me but it just is.

Plus, I am scared of his bulging eyes. Scared that one of these days his eyeballs are going to pop out of his socket. 
I don't know about his acting in the past historical shows because I have not watched them, but all I can speak of is what I see on my tv, rather laptop, screen. I feel like he is trying to hard to portray Akbar's ruthlessness and in doing so he is looking a bit absurd to me. He comes off too rigid. He needs to loosen up a bit. He needs to not crook his head everytime he is angry or fascinated (like he did today when Jodha was looking at him in the water). 
When you use the same expressions everytime to portray a feeling...it becomes repetitive. 
Maybe I am being too harsh, but this is simply how I feel. I actually really like Jodha's acting. I would have thought I would have a problem with Paridhi considering she is fairly new compared to Rajat. Maybe he is just having a hard time playing a larger than life negative character. I believe he has always played a positive character (with the exception of Tere Liye) so it may be hard for him. 

One thing I liked though was how his eyes softened up when he had the payal in his hands after he got it out of the fire. The portrayal of someone smitten by the beauty of a woman was clear on his face when his eyes softened up like butter. It's his rigidity that I have a problem with. 

EDIT- So a while has passed since I made this thread and I have seen that Rajat has improved. I was always willing to give him time because well this is my favorite show right now. He needs some more improvement in my opinion, but I am sure with time he will adjust to his role. Rajat does have a majestic air that does him well since he is Akbar, but he just needs a few more improvements. Many have pointed out that the directors may be at fault here, which may very well be true. 

Good to read the post and agree 100% about 'acting' of person playing Akbar. Generally only good things are written or expected to be written in the posts.

Some body has to really tell the actor that to portray a 'bad/ evil' man; one need not do bad 'acting'! All his mannerisms reminds me of 'mogambo'!