India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Rajat's rigid acting

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Firstly, WOW. We went from 47th rank or something like that to 13. 
So yeah!!!!

I will let you know right from the start. This thread is not going to be popular considering everyone seems to love Rajat so much. I just hope I don't get bashed like I used to in QB and IPK and MB forum when I state how I truly feel. 
Now getting back to the reason I made the thread. I have been told that Rajat is an amazing actor by practically everyone on this forum. I have heard he acted very well in his other historical shows. And I am sure he did, but I am finding his portrayal of Akbar lacking. I find it very annoying the way he forever stands with his hands behind his back. I understand that he is a shehenshah, but the way he stands like that is annoying. I liked today's episode, but I couldn't help but feel distracted by Rajat's rigid stance. When he bent over to pick up the payal...even then one of his hands were behind his back. Wouldn't it be more natural to just flow...to be fluid...to take that hand from behind your back and put it on your knee while bending down? I don't know why this is so irksome to me but it just is.

Plus, I am scared of his bulging eyes. Scared that one of these days his eyeballs are going to pop out of his socket. 
I don't know about his acting in the past historical shows because I have not watched them, but all I can speak of is what I see on my tv, rather laptop, screen. I feel like he is trying to hard to portray Akbar's ruthlessness and in doing so he is looking a bit absurd to me. He comes off too rigid. He needs to loosen up a bit. He needs to not crook his head everytime he is angry or fascinated (like he did today when Jodha was looking at him in the water). 
When you use the same expressions everytime to portray a feeling...it becomes repetitive. 
Maybe I am being too harsh, but this is simply how I feel. I actually really like Jodha's acting. I would have thought I would have a problem with Paridhi considering she is fairly new compared to Rajat. Maybe he is just having a hard time playing a larger than life negative character. I believe he has always played a positive character (with the exception of Tere Liye) so it may be hard for him. 

One thing I liked though was how his eyes softened up when he had the payal in his hands after he got it out of the fire. The portrayal of someone smitten by the beauty of a woman was clear on his face when his eyes softened up like butter. It's his rigidity that I have a problem with. 

EDIT- So a while has passed since I made this thread and I have seen that Rajat has improved. I was always willing to give him time because well this is my favorite show right now. He needs some more improvement in my opinion, but I am sure with time he will adjust to his role. Rajat does have a majestic air that does him well since he is Akbar, but he just needs a few more improvements. Many have pointed out that the directors may be at fault here, which may very well be true. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 30 June 2013 at 1:24pm

The following 45 member(s) liked the above post:

xorabian09meeraindrajeetfragrance18starss123melanie64Dhvani85iluvrainaartisamantha1987200nobodyatnotimeSweet_Krishna.Nitzy..SarunAddictionPoojaAmlaAshaNegiFanXDPagalKuriXDSonyaBladeQtnNottipreetievirgo24libran90adeeti10sweet_garginikhilageetrasiya.dlipMarathi_Mulgi-Reeti-veenisha__Aarti__preetipcKranuRockerchicArchi02Nkapoor3SonaLuvZaSafSuper KoolAlmas.tanvismilesmile.saraprincy48pluviophile.riyya6....Poojie....Lady_MacbethVasusenaRadheya

VasusenaRadheya IF-Addictz
VasusenaRadheya
VasusenaRadheya

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Paridhi is doing a very good job portraying the fierce yet soft n caring rajput princess...n she will only get better with each passing episode .
She is really a very good natural actress n a beautiful girl...very fresh...really the perfect Jodha . Embarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotimelibran90AshaNegiFanvirgo24OmaRamdassveenisha-Ishqbaaaz-SonaLuvZaSaf

rasiya. IF-Dazzler
rasiya.
rasiya.

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Even i haven't seen Rajat in his previous shows...when i first saw him as akbar i was like may be they should have chosen someone mature for this role...he looks too young to play such a character...but now i guess he's fine though still needs to improve a lot...!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotimelibran90QtnNotti

CanadianAddict Goldie
CanadianAddict
CanadianAddict

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
I like his acting, especially with the payal scene, but I agree with the bulging eye thing.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

xorabian09melanie64libran90QtnNottiSonaLuvZaSaf

smile.sara IF-Sizzlerz
smile.sara
smile.sara

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
first of all thanx and I must say you r very dare to post this topic.. lolz

secondly I am very big fan of Rajat... BUT I am his well wisher not blind follower. I dare say yes he is little bit out of character.

IN my opinion it is not rajat's fault. it is the fault of production house bec they are really pushing Akbar's character so unrealistically cruel, insane, even syco. 

fiction apni jagah par bias is different thing. this show is very bias. all muslims are looking very fierce and evil. even some good people like  khan zaman, zaheer etc r looking pathetic and stereotype.. pata nhi kis nae inko bataya hae sab muslim talibaan ki tarha k hotae. and Mughals was very
 tahzeeb yafta. ab imagin karnae ko tau kuch bhi imagin kya jasakta hae.

raja bharmal said when sujamal was leaving "kaanta apnea aap nikal raha hae" Bhangwan daas send sainiks to arrest sujamal.. so what do you think they are all positive... but they look so normal so soft;

its impossible k 1 side 100 % evil hau aur other is cent perc sadhoo.

so in my opinion they are pushing Rajat too hard in unrealistic cruel characterization. look when he talks to Abdul he looks  normal.. phir rajat ka face itna soft aur pyara hae k itni cruelty suit hi nhi kar rahi.

Edited by sara212 - 26 June 2013 at 1:16pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

xorabian09melanie64fragrance18Add123nobodyatnotimealapipasbarunAshaNegiFanlibran90QtnNottiavyarimaOmaRamdassArchi02PrincessNAutumn_Rosechahat4uAlmas.SonaLuvZaSaf

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sara212

first of all thanx and I must say you r very dare to post this topic.. lolz

secondly I am very big fan of Rajat... BUT I am his well wisher not blind follower. I dare say yes he is little bit out of character.

IN my opinion it is not rajat's fault. it is the fault of production house bec they are really pushing Akbar's character so unrealistically cruel, insane, even syco. 

fiction apni jagah par bias is different thing. this show is very bias. all muslims are looking very fierce and evil. even some good people like  khan zaman, zaheer etc r looking pathetic and stereotype.. pata nhi kis nae inko bataya hae sab muslim talibaan ki tarha k hotae. and Mughals was very
 tahzeeb yafta. ab imagin karnae ko tau kuch bhi imagin kya jasakta hae.

raja bharmal said when sujamal was leaving "kaanta apnea aap nikal raha hae" Bhangwan daas send sainiks to arrest sujamal.. so what do you think they are all positive... but they look so normal so soft;

its impossible k 1 side 100 % evil hau aur other is cent perc sadhoo.

so in my opinion they are pushing Rajat too hard in unrealistic cruel characterization. look when he talks to Abdul he looks  normal.. phir rajat ka face itna soft aur pyara hae k itni cruelty suit hi nhi kar rahi.

Well I have always had the image that Mughals were cruel, conquerors with the exception of Akbar ofcourse. So if you go by that image, that is what is trying to be portrayed on TV. Besides, it's not about Muslims looking evil...it's about Mughals who were outsiders who came and stole our land and jewels and looted our temples being portrayed as evil. It's the same with the British...they were Christians yet in any historical Indian movie you see will portray them as bad because they came and conquered what we consider as our land. Anytime someone steals what you consider is yours, you will see them as 'bad.' 
Besides, it's only Rajat's acting that I was talking about. I don't mind the rest of the Mughal's acting. In fact I like his Khan Baba's quiet yet fierce acting. You can completely tell he is the brains. The way he is so calm yet he is so deadly, so self assured in his power. Akbar should be that in my opinion. He should be calm and sure in his power. Rather he acts like a little boy, pissing everywhere to claim his territory. All he does is go around showing his small knife to everyone and cutting people's heads or legs off. That may be power in a sense but not the kind that makes a good ruler. Then again, that is the point of this show though. How Jodha will humanize Akbar, thus making him a better ruler. 

I doubt they are trying to portray that the Rajput's are all good and Mughals are all evil because if you are all good then you don't marry your oldest daughter off to someone who your younger daughter likes just for political gain. I mean no one is dhood ka dhula. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 26 June 2013 at 2:18pm

.Nitzy..nobodyatnotimelibran90AshaNegiFanQtnNottiStar_girlSonaLuvZaSafAlmas.

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Yes, I didn't watch PRC either, only watched it in bits after starting with this show. To know more about Rajat actually. He does seem a little rigid, but I guess that will go away with time. Although, the part where he picks up the payal with one of his hands behind his back was very symbolic and interesting to me. It reflected how he is not out of control even when faced with temptation and infatuation. I don't mind his posture, he's like our version of Mr. Darcy. LOL He just needs to tone down the "bulging eyes" bit a little and he's golden. I blame the production house for this. They want to portray Akbar as a psycho so that his transformation seems all the more dramatic. 

nobodyatnotimepasbarunlibran90AshaNegiFanQtnNottiavyarimaSonaLuvZaSafLady_Macbeth

Super Kool IF-Sizzlerz
Super Kool
Super Kool

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Nice postThumbs Up why should anybody bash you yar...???Wacko Healthy discussion is always greatHug

Yup, there are a lot of areas that can be worked upon and improved...i hope with time the show, actors are gonna improve...Fingers crossed...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

libran90

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index