Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Double Whammy (Page 7)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lrlpam

@Sunara> Yeah,that 'chhutti' might have meant complete absence from kitchen. But I think that if ever UB gets to know abt kaumudi instructing CC though webcam,she would consider that as a defiance of her order too LOL After all,that too kept her engaged in kitchen activities. Anyways,that won't be shown I suppose...

And yeah,CC is gonna start wearing other stuff. But I wish the makers had shown the family truly embracing the idea of DILs wearing other stuff and not something they have been forced to accept bcz of the fire! The other bahus too should get the independence of wearing what they want! Hopefully that'll happen someday Smile

@bold ... agree! I guess that will happen gradually ... also none of the other bahus have ever voiced their discomfort at wearing sarees ... neither did Chhanchhan for that matter ... it was only UB's antics at the munh dikhayi which brought it out. So UB actually herself helped Chhanchhan get rid of the troublesome sarees! LOL

And once CC starts wearing suits, the others might be allowed to ... may happen later in the show though ... once you bend the rules for one person, it's difficult to enforce them for the rest. That's what UB is afraid of with Chhanchhan in the first place ... Chhanchhan has the courage to challenge her ideas. None of the others do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by golpokobita

your episode analysis gives me more fun than the show itself..
loved it!

It was really a bad day for UB.. She not only lost her game but also almost got caught with her evil plan. Her husband is not all dumb, fortunately.. Anyways, like always she managed with lies.. Hope Manav gets to know these lies..

And the second one was once again 'modern bahu' part. Once again CC is using technology to make her life easy.. She is really smart.. 

And I liked her strategy to accept the rules of the family .. although she might not have done it as a strategic move.. but its helping her. She knows how to win challenges..

@bold ... yes! She is not confrontational by nature ... unless it is something that is wrong. Even there, as a bahu in her new sasuraal in her very first week, she can't start challenging all the customs ... she does not even know all of them yet. This way she made her position clear ... she would prefer to wear suits, she is not comfortable in sarees, but she will get there ... she does not agree that clothes show your mentality ... but if the customs in the family are such, she will try to adapt as best she can. She does appreciate the thought.  but she doesn't want rules bent for her ...

Which is exactly what RanSan's problem was in the first place ... so the rug pulled from under their feet as well as Umaben's ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spirit

Actually scrap that earlier score card.
It's CC 3 UB 1
UB lost a point after CC got to marry Manav.
And CC lost one after UB sent Manav away on their wedding night,

Aren't I fair?Approve

We need to keep score ... I'm sure Umaben is doing it even more carefully ROFL 

I think CC gets points every time Manav flirts with her under his mother's nose  tooROFL 
And also every time UB's plans backfire and her husband or sons support CC's new wave thoughts ... boy, CC is way ahead in the game then LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsspiritNewbiesoapfanprincessunara

stg1 IF-Rockerz
stg1
stg1

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
another great write up from u, thank u! have not seen the episode yet but seems like they've made ub totally black now. when they showed her with her grandchildren or maanav at the start she seemed more real and layered, i really hope they give her more depth as this plan of hers unfolds. i know she's supposed to be the brains in the house but still, would like shades to her  Smile  guess the more obvious she becomes about her plans the more quickly cc will realise what she's really up to, but i kind of like that cc is managing to thwart her and gain the respect and admiration of other family members without even trying Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Guinea

spirit IF-Rockerz
spirit
spirit

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

It's CC 3 UB 1

Aren't I fair?Approve

I think CC gets points every time Manav flirts with her under his mother's nose  tooROFL 
And also every time UB's plans backfire and her husband or sons support CC's new wave thoughts ... boy, CC is way ahead in the game then LOL

So that would make it something like
CC 5 UB 2 LOL

1 point added to CC for successfully completing the cooking task.
UB gets one more for CC humiliation on the muh dikhayi.LOL

Scoring criterias

Manav flirting with wifey under UB's nose.
CC thwarting UB's plans or when she successfully completes the 'test'' designed to make her fail.
Lets not count the praises of other house memebrs. It wudnt be fair on UB.Tongue
UB gets points everytime, her plan is successful.

Blimey, I'm wasting wayy too much time over this.ROFL

Edited by spirit - 27 June 2013 at 12:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsDiyaSNewbiesoapfan

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Great post, Diana!!! Clap 

Loved this part ... I always love your analysis of the brothers' expressions ... Big smile
"Mukut's expressions after seeing CC in a sari."Oh dear what a hue and cry over nothing...Chottus ignore your wife like I do!"

Mukut .. Turns to see his patni and had a "wasted my time..Leave me alone" kind of look

Manthan .. Had the 'Dimaag At Work' look..a bit confused but in a thinking mode..."my outburst was for no reasons of course...next time I need to get to the crux of the matter before opening my loud mouth!"

Manthan seems to always have his antenna on where is mother is concerned. He might have been witness to many of her previous saazishon (devious plans).. it had happened during Manav's engagement too..this means Manthan knows his mother too well.

Manav looking dapper than ever ... Poora ka poora wau ghela mode and obviously after the rendezvous with Chand ka tukda...he is still in dreamland!"

Adding to them ...

Kaumudi - sweetheart of a woman, her face relaxed into a smile, as though thinking ... I know Chhanchhan cannot do anything like what Baa said she did ...

Umaben -  looked as though someone hit her hard on the head with a brick ... Shocked What the ... !!!! I told her to wear a salwar kameez, couldn't the little twit listen to me for once?!

Manek - was like ... all this fuss you made over nothing!!!

And during Chhanchhan's little lecture looked at Ranjana as though to say ... see?! This is what you should be like! Instead of doing chugli about her!

Manthan - looked very puzzled and assessing when Umaben was giving her defence ... he's not swallowing her words at all ... but he stays quiet ...

Did you see the look Babuji shot at Umaben when Chhanchhan mentioned that UB gave her permission to wear the suits? Frowning, disapproving ... he has his own way of keeping his wife in line ... he swallows her lies ... or does he just pretend to swallow her lies?

Umaben's face when Babuji said Umaben did the right thing ... and continued on to say, 'but this Chhanchhan bahu of yours is wonderful, so full of good sanskaar ..." UB looked as though she had a severe case of indigestion right there!!! LOL  

Hehe ... of course Manav was in dreamland ... he was just recovering from his rendezvous with his chand ka tukda ...

Also loved the way Chhanchhan made it clear that she was wearing sarees only because she respects Mummyji ... she doesn't care one way or the other ... that must have infuriated Umaben even more ... Here she planned the entire plotline around CC"s dislike for sarees, and it turns out CC doesn't dislike sarees at all, she just doesn't much care either way!!! She doesn't give so much importance to the whole issue at all  ...

Edited by DiyaS - 27 June 2013 at 4:52am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsGuineaprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Another part from Diana's post

Now here when UB was trying to cover up and defend herself like in a court of law who has been accused already…Manav listened attentively…she was speaking about his wife……and yet let his mother defend herself in front of her father...

Somehow whilst driving back home last evening...…this thought crossed my mind….Manav might have inkling about his mother….

Why? The dialogue on Monday when he says "You will soon learn to handle not just the sari but everyone else."

And today he stood and did not intervene in his parent's convo. He has seen what happened with Purvi and her father. How his mother made him go to the village on their wedding night, the jagran….Manav is NOT OBTUSE!

No mention was made of how he helped her or said she does find it difficult and spoke in support of CC.

Though he has not told CC anything about it and he never will. No man will ever let his mother down in front of his wife……. He knows CC's strengthens… And whatever UB does may irk him but is not harming them in anyway…..He is playing along in this game……..whilst maintaining peace and semblance….

Maybe I am wrong….but every episode seems to give a hint in tiny doses….

You could be right ... I thought CC would tell Manav about Umaben giving her permission ... but she didn't ... Manav was too busy romancing his biwi Tongue He didn't even hear what all the fuss was about ... UB made sure of that. But he does know that CC is having trouble wearing sarees ... and now he also heard that Umaben gave her permission to shed them, which she didn't take advantage of ... And he did not mention any of that, he didn't say CC is having trouble wearing her sarees, nor did he speak up in support of her changing to salwars.

Judging by the honeymoon segments, it is Manav who persuades his mom to let them go on honeymoon ...

So Manav may not be as unaware of Umaben's machinations as he appears ... but so far CC is handling them okay, so he is letting her ... like you said, not nice for a guy to admit to his brand new wife that his mom is being so evil. Plus CC had said she would marry him only if his mother accepted her ... what will her reaction be if she knows this is yet another drama by Umaben?

Interesting ... will see who knows what ... so far only CC and Kaumudi are totally transparent ... the rest all have hidden agendas LOL

ddsoapsprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by DiyaS

It's CC 3 UB 1

Aren't I fair?Approve

So that would make it something like
CC 5 UB 2 LOL

1 point added to CC for successfully completing the cooking task.
UB gets one more for CC humiliation on the muh dikhayi.LOL

Scoring criterias

Manav flirting with wifey under UB's nose.
CC thwarting UB's plans or when she successfully completes the 'test'' designed to make her fail.
Lets not count the praises of other house memebrs. It wudnt be fair on UB.Tongue
UB gets points everytime, her plan is successful.

Blimey, I'm wasting wayy too much time over this.ROFL

I need to bookmark this post ROFL More complicated than Wimbledon scores!

ddsoapsspirit

Go to top