Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Double Whammy (Page 6)

shonasandy IF-Stunnerz
shonasandy
shonasandy

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruathi

love ur analysis everyday...thanks @diya truely loved the episode:)

Thumbs Up

enjoy a episode a lots 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by lrlpam

Talking abt the 1st scene...I was happy that CC came in a sari but I wasn't totally satisfied with her explanation. To respect elders,she has given up the idea of wearing other dresses...in that case she's never gonna break the rule,never gonna change the family's strict age-old mentality in this matter. I hope she wears suits sometimes,like she did in the new promo!

Felt really sorry for manthan! Poor boy got distracted from his cheques for nothing! LOL

Today I felt that technology wasn't really reqd. UB had ordered her bahus not to cook food,that doesn't mean they couldn't give instructions in the kitchen. Giving instructions through webcam n in the kitchen mean the same!

jumping in the middle,

here is the thing, CC said about bahus of the house - meaning well for then and there at that moment she would wear. and well i doubt she expects to live 24/7 in the house, and outside world she will wear what she pleases.
in any case tomorrow is gonna be the last date she will regularly wear a sari. after the fire she will be given permission to wear salwars & watch the jungle episodes when the young couple is on their own. she will be back to wearing western clothes. only in front of her in laws she will not wear them..

kitchen issue - exact words of UB 'chutti' from kitchen.. well the bahus r stick in the mud cases where instructions like that is concerned.. n umm i have no 1st hand experience, but i saw in SNS (the only saas bahu show i ever saw) that this choke ka rasam (first meal made by the new bahu) is done on her own..
and Kaumadi said no to helping her 'in' the kitchen as she was scared of UB. CC realized something was off and she found a loophole..
cz had Kaumadi been inside the kitchen she would have in certain instances given a hand to CC..it just happens..and this was banned to her..and unlike CC she is scared to put a toe out of line.

CC said 'i will not put u in such a situation' not that she believed such rules were needed. but she felt the fishiness of the situation (this is a test for me right que) and thus circumvented around it..not for her sake, but cz had she confronted UB Kaumadi was the one to get trapped in the issue.. at least this is what i thought..
she didn't do it for herself, but did cz Kaumadi was scared to step foot in to the kitchen..

Adding my bit here ... also none of the other bahus has ever voiced their discontent about wearing sarees openly. Probably today was the the first time RanSan even mentioned it to their husbands ... only because the topic was brought up. Otherwise they are the type who obey blindly ... or in Ranjana's case, try to lie and scheme their way out of situations, but never say things out straight.
Even for Chhanchhan ... she does not object to wearing sarees per se. She's just finding it hard to get used to wearing them all the time, and work in them. And changing the rule for her will not mean that she never wears sarees ever again ... it just means she gets more leeway to get used to them more gradually ... am sure she will of her own free will, wear sarees for poojas and important functions.
And once that happens, the other bahus will also get the leeway to change.

The point of this is ... clothes should be comfortable AND appropriate to the occasion. Sometimes you have to put up with a bit of discomfort because the occasion and tradition demands it ... and sometimes, esp when you're working, comfort and convenience is MORE important than tradition. It's a question of finding a balance.

Agree with Sunara about the bahus behaviour. Ranjana was just happy that CC got "punished" - Ranjana still sees everything in terms of rules and punishments ...
Sanjana followed her blindly, down to the excuse of cleaning her room ... Sanjana used Ranjana's words to complain to Manthan as well ... Sanjana never thinks for herself at all. So no question of those two helping her.

Kaumudi was troubled for Chhanchhan ... but she interprets Umaben's words literally and is too scared to countermand a direct order. But she is also ready to help CC find her way around it ... she helped CC and Manav the jaagran night too. Kaumudi knows that directly countermanding UB's orders can make things very unpleasant for the whole family ... but she is clear-sighted enough to see the unfairness ... and helps out in any way she can. She was told - kitchen se chutti ... so she did not go into the kitchen ...

And Chhanchhan is slowly realising the ways of the house ... RanSan got into trouble because of her, so she made sure that Kaumudi bhabhi did not ... she did take Kaumudi's help, at the same time, the chokha rasam was followed and she made the food on her own. So she obeyed orders, she followed tradition ... but with a modern touch Tongue ... and in a practical way.
She is beginning to understand how Umaben runs the household. And once she understands that, then it will be easier to find effective ways to change things. She can't barge into the household and from day one start saying, this is right, this is wrong ... she has to find acceptance first. Respect is a two way street - if she shows she respects the traditions of the family, then only will her opinions be respected. Respect has to be commanded, not demanded

Edited by DiyaS - 26 June 2013 at 10:43pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

showviewermadsNewbiesoapfanprincessunara

spirit IF-Rockerz
spirit
spirit

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Actually scrap that earlier score card.
It's CC 3 UB 1
UB lost a point after CC got to marry Manav.
And CC lost one after UB sent Manav away on their wedding night,

Aren't I fair?Approve

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsshowviewerDiyaSNewbiesoapfan

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by alwaysforarshi

Thanks sizzling Diya. Congrats on being a sizzler. Always look forward to reading your thoughts.
BUT
 Did they eat together? Or are the women in that house apart from UB and her daughter still second class citizens. And what is Manav doing about that?? This is still bothering me. I hope they don't sweep this under the rug (like they did with almost everything in her previous show!!)
Will be watching the epi tonight.

Thank you! Big smile

Nope, they're not eating together yet ... but CC did sit down to eat at the table today. The other bahus were fasting. Again, Manav has not paid any attention to that yet ... it's just the way things are done in his house, and he has never questioned it .

I'm sure it will come up ... the next project for CC? Right now, it's the clothes issue ... one at a time Tongue

Edited by DiyaS - 26 June 2013 at 11:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

showviewerNewbiesoapfan

Afwan IF-Sizzlerz
Afwan
Afwan

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Always love your posts Tongue

DiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guinea

Liked the overall episode ...the show has a nice feel to it nowdays , what a family drama should be. 

Scenes which stayed in my mind , when CC came down from the stairs and spoke to UB , for the first time in the show I found the dialogues very good , CC said what she had too without being preachy ...made her stand abt what she thinks of the clothes issue but still will wear the saree as a mark of respect . Also liked the way the brothers looked at their respective wives with disgust ...

The romantic scene was good ...anuj probably because of the adv etc does the close up shots well , also did you notice the background music when the chanman scene was on , was quite decent. 

Then the cooking scene ... Really like the actor who is playing gomti ..her expressions are spot on , finally CC is beginning to realise all is a test ...

Their was a lot of sanaya today and as always she was really good ...while cooking with the apron on , she looked adorable and reminded me of her welcome show ... 

Thanks Guinea .. I too liked Chhanchhan's dialogues ... not preachy, yet she made her point ... and I was glad she slipped in the part that Umaben had given her permission to switch clothes ... she had not decided to go ahead without permission ... that she didn't go ahead at all despite having permission, made her position unassailable!!! LOL And the brothers were spot on with their expressions ... all that fuss you women made ... for nothing!!!

We complained about the music in the UB scenes and the romantic scenes ... the CV's DEFINITELY seem to be listening!!! Clap I was glad there was no Lalalala there ... I just wish the cv's would get a good composer and come up with a unique  ChanMan tune  now that the jodi has found acceptance ... Anuj is good with his expressions!

Kaumudi is really sweet ... loved her confused expressions in front of the laptop ... hesitant, nervous to try it ... how does this thing work? She is a good actress ... now we can safely say the entire cast is good!

Sanaya was great all through ... I've stopped commenting on Sanaya because she is just Chhanchhan now ... one forgets she is acting. She is so completely natural!!! That apron bit was cute ... and practical ... wearing fancy new sarees as a new bride ... I love the strong practicality in CC's nature Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

showviewerGuineaprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Diana's post updated on page 1 ... have a read! Hilarious and brilliant as always!!! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsshowviewer

ddsoaps IF-Dazzler
ddsoaps
ddsoaps

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Updated my addition to Page 01 of this post...

Check it out folks!

Thanks

showviewer

Go to top