Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

   
Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Double Whammy (Page 4)

TheGlamourgal Goldie
TheGlamourgal
TheGlamourgal

Joined: 13 December 2007
Posts: 1458

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by lrlpam

Talking abt the 1st scene...I was happy that CC came in a sari but I wasn't totally satisfied with her explanation. To respect elders,she has given up the idea of wearing other dresses...in that case she's never gonna break the rule,never gonna change the family's strict age-old mentality in this matter. I hope she wears suits sometimes,like she did in the new promo!

Felt really sorry for manthan! Poor boy got distracted from his cheques for nothing! LOL

Today I felt that technology wasn't really reqd. UB had ordered her bahus not to cook food,that doesn't mean they couldn't give instructions in the kitchen. Giving instructions through webcam n in the kitchen mean the same!


jumping in the middle,

here is the thing, CC said about bahus of the house - meaning well for then and there at that moment she would wear. and well i doubt she expects to live 24/7 in the house, and outside world she will wear what she pleases.
in any case tomorrow is gonna be the last date she will regularly wear a sari. after the fire she will be given permission to wear salwars & watch the jungle episodes when the young couple is on their own. she will be back to wearing western clothes. only in front of her in laws she will not wear them..

kitchen issue - exact words of UB 'chutti' from kitchen.. well the bahus r stick in the mud cases where instructions like that is concerned.. n umm i have no 1st hand experience, but i saw in SNS (the only saas bahu show i ever saw) that this choke ka rasam (first meal made by the new bahu) is done on her own..
and Kaumadi said no to helping her 'in' the kitchen as she was scared of UB. CC realized something was off and she found a loophole..
cz had Kaumadi been inside the kitchen she would have in certain instances given a hand to CC..it just happens..and this was banned to her..and unlike CC she is scared to put a toe out of line.

CC said 'i will not put u in such a situation' not that she believed such rules were needed. but she felt the fishiness of the situation (this is a test for me right que) and thus circumvented around it..not for her sake, but cz had she confronted UB Kaumadi was the one to get trapped in the issue.. at least this is what i thought..
she didn't do it for herself, but did cz Kaumadi was scared to step foot in to the kitchen..





sorry to but in... Sunara your analysis is more interesting than episode step by step with examples .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

alwaysforarshi Senior Member
alwaysforarshi
alwaysforarshi

Joined: 31 October 2012
Posts: 315

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Thanks sizzling Diya. Congrats on being a sizzler. Always look forward to reading your thoughts.
BUT
 Did they eat together? Or are the women in that house apart from UB and her daughter still second class citizens. And what is Manav doing about that?? This is still bothering me. I hope they don't sweep this under the rug (like they did with almost everything in her previous show!!)
Will be watching the epi tonight.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

alwaysforarshi Senior Member
alwaysforarshi
alwaysforarshi

Joined: 31 October 2012
Posts: 315

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Originally posted by spirit

Just a random thought, wonder if the Sarabhais will ever find out about the fire incident? Her dad would freak out. Probably not at this point... Now I'm really curious to see if UB has any hand in that fire incident.[i.hope.not]


I doubt UB did it ... I don't think Umaben is that evil. Not so far anyway ... deliberately setting fire would be dangerous. I think it's just CC not being able to handle her pallu.

I also think it's being done so that Sanaya can get back into suits Wink 

I guess CC will decide not to tell her parents ... they would be worried sick and her dad would probably demand for her to come back home right away! He is hyper enough as it is!


Did you know that any fire-related incident with a young bride - in the first seven years of marriage - can be taken as evidence of dowry related crime? Accident or otherwise LOL I burnt my hand very badly in my third year of marriage and my friends were teasing my husband about it LOL
OMG! Hope you were OK?
I also don't think the burning was UB's doing. That would be awful! To want to murder her DIL, just because of ego?? Does this still happen??
I think if her parents, especially, dad found out, he would file for divorce right away!!!
Now, the whole incident as you say, is for her to revert to wearing her own clothes. But doesn't a shalwar suit also have a saree? (I don't know. My Indian friends sometimes wear
shalwaar-kameez, but it has a small saree to put in the neck. (Like Sanaya had in her previous show.) So, wouldn't that catch fire? Kind of defeats the purpose if that's what the whole incident is about. Unless she wears a suit without a small saree.


Edited by alwaysforarshi - 26 June 2013 at 1:08pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spiritDiyaS

lrlpam Goldie
lrlpam
lrlpam

Joined: 24 August 2011
Posts: 2150

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
@Sunara> Yeah,that 'chhutti' might have meant complete absence from kitchen. But I think that if ever UB gets to know abt kaumudi instructing CC though webcam,she would consider that as a defiance of her order too LOL After all,that too kept her engaged in kitchen activities. Anyways,that won't be shown I suppose...

And yeah,CC is gonna start wearing other stuff. But I wish the makers had shown the family truly embracing the idea of DILs wearing other stuff and not something they have been forced to accept bcz of the fire! The other bahus too should get the independence of wearing what they want! Hopefully that'll happen someday Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSprincessunara

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Joined: 06 December 2007
Posts: 48468

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by siri271984

Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by lrlpam

Talking abt the 1st scene...I was happy that CC came in a sari but I wasn't totally satisfied with her explanation. To respect elders,she has given up the idea of wearing other dresses...in that case she's never gonna break the rule,never gonna change the family's strict age-old mentality in this matter. I hope she wears suits sometimes,like she did in the new promo!

Felt really sorry for manthan! Poor boy got distracted from his cheques for nothing! LOL

Today I felt that technology wasn't really reqd. UB had ordered her bahus not to cook food,that doesn't mean they couldn't give instructions in the kitchen. Giving instructions through webcam n in the kitchen mean the same!


jumping in the middle,

here is the thing, CC said about bahus of the house - meaning well for then and there at that moment she would wear. and well i doubt she expects to live 24/7 in the house, and outside world she will wear what she pleases.
in any case tomorrow is gonna be the last date she will regularly wear a sari. after the fire she will be given permission to wear salwars & watch the jungle episodes when the young couple is on their own. she will be back to wearing western clothes. only in front of her in laws she will not wear them..

kitchen issue - exact words of UB 'chutti' from kitchen.. well the bahus r stick in the mud cases where instructions like that is concerned.. n umm i have no 1st hand experience, but i saw in SNS (the only saas bahu show i ever saw) that this choke ka rasam (first meal made by the new bahu) is done on her own..
and Kaumadi said no to helping her 'in' the kitchen as she was scared of UB. CC realized something was off and she found a loophole..
cz had Kaumadi been inside the kitchen she would have in certain instances given a hand to CC..it just happens..and this was banned to her..and unlike CC she is scared to put a toe out of line.

CC said 'i will not put u in such a situation' not that she believed such rules were needed. but she felt the fishiness of the situation (this is a test for me right que) and thus circumvented around it..not for her sake, but cz had she confronted UB Kaumadi was the one to get trapped in the issue.. at least this is what i thought..
she didn't do it for herself, but did cz Kaumadi was scared to step foot in to the kitchen..

sorry to but in... Sunara your analysis is more interesting than episode step by step with examples .

thanks :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Joined: 06 December 2007
Posts: 48468

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by alwaysforarshi

OMG! Hope you were OK?
I also don't think the burning was UB's doing. That would be awful! To want to murder her DIL, just because of ego?? Does this still happen??
I think if her parents, especially, dad found out, he would file for divorce right away!!!
Now, the whole incident as you say, is for her to revert to wearing her own clothes. But doesn't a shalwar suit also have a saree? (I don't know. My Indian friends sometimes wear
shalwaar-kameez, but it has a small saree to put in the neck. (Like Sanaya had in her previous show.) So, wouldn't that catch fire? Kind of defeats the purpose if that's what the whole incident is about. Unless she wears a suit without a small saree.


u r not Asian are u? just asking yaar cz ur idea of salwar kameez n sari is little wrong. let me explain clearly Embarrassed
sari is a single piece of clothe, u wear a under skirt and then tuck one corner of sari in it and the wrap it around ur waist several rounds and then make pleats and tuck the pleats in front and pin the pleats to make them stay put. then u cross it across the chest and over the shoulder pin it there to make it stay put and drape it down ur back or cover your head..

now imagine this corner that is hanging lose catching fire means it will simply keep burning the whole clothe..u CANNOT take it off!! there will never be enough time. if u see the SBS video they first ensure that the entire length b/w her shoulder point (where pallu starts from the final pin) till the very end where they set fire to it, that expanse they apply a gel to prevent the fire from burning the material. this is done cz they cannot even for a shoot light the corner of the sari pallu cz it would definitely burn the sari & touch Sanaya within less than a minute if its a gas burner brought about fire as shown in the show!!

Salwar kameez is actually like wearing ur night shirt over a pajama bottom. and a shawl/dupatta is kind of like your muffler you wrap around the neck, only that no knots are involved and it is loosely hanging around the neck.
if this dupatta catches fire u can simply flung it away from yourself within 1 second..or better yet while u cook u can keep the dupatta on a side or simple tie it across the body so no corner is hanging lose as a fire hazard.

that is why a salwar kameez will never pose the same kind of danger a sari would.. hope i managed to explain it properly :)


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spiritDiyaSNewbiesoapfan

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Joined: 06 December 2007
Posts: 48468

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lrlpam

@Sunara> Yeah,that 'chhutti' might have meant complete absence from kitchen. But I think that if ever UB gets to know abt kaumudi instructing CC though webcam,she would consider that as a defiance of her order too LOL After all,that too kept her engaged in kitchen activities. Anyways,that won't be shown I suppose...

And yeah,CC is gonna start wearing other stuff. But I wish the makers had shown the family truly embracing the idea of DILs wearing other stuff and not something they have been forced to accept bcz of the fire! The other bahus too should get the independence of wearing what they want! Hopefully that'll happen someday Smile
lol i think CC is like us, she used a loop hole Tongue
Kaumadi took the instruction as not to go to the kitchen. thus CC got her to sit in her own room and direct her lol..LOL

well CC is about reality - even i kind of was waiting for them to accept all her grand plans n accept her way of being (which is the normal way for me too) but as Dia n many others explained it apparently takes time for traditional Indian households to accept such ideas.. So they r showing little by little change..
so we will have to wai ti guess :)


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Simi1711 IF-Sizzlerz
Simi1711
Simi1711

Joined: 10 June 2006
Posts: 11513

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Loved the way u analysed and represented today's epi.. :)

Hope to see some mote super flop plan failures f UB! LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Double Dose Of Memory Pills

2

Author: .Barun.   Replies: 13   Views: 713

.Barun. 13 713 28 March 2013 at 9:46am by ExquisiteSanz
Get Ready for Double dose of Sanaya on Monday...!!

2

Author: 6611ak-3308ph   Replies: 14   Views: 790

6611ak-3308ph 14 790 24 March 2013 at 6:43am by swetha92

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chhan Chhan Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index