India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Double Whammy (Page 3)

spirit IF-Rockerz
spirit
spirit

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Just a random thought, wonder if the Sarabhais will ever find out about the fire incident? Her dad would freak out. Probably not at this point... Now I'm really curious to see if UB has any hand in that fire incident.[i.hope.not]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfanGuinea

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

lovely take as always!! love the title!! ROFL

hehe it felt so good watching UB squirm!! and rofl i agree on what CC did was dressing up nicely something but actually telling exactly what she wanted!!LOL

Did u see how Manek gave a pointed look at R? hehe he was like 'learn something from her.. came to me with big big talks! duh!' it was his first such look i have seen..
he already has a soft spot for his little SIL, from his actions..i can see this (cute cz i have noticed San seems pretty close to him off screen..they would enjoy more interactions)

Sanjana was a confused soul! she always tries to project the same emotions of R. But she couldn't help admiring CC either.. so it was kinda fun seeing her expressions of disappointment n then admiration..

Babuji was totally bowled over!! i loved how his voice was filled with affection when he addressed her as 'beti' and honestly i think she completely won him over with this one. he admired her behavior as well as accepted her thought process too
this is why he would i guess very quickly will get CC out of saris after the accident with fire.
UB getting caught out was EPIC!.. he bahus r so dumb! they didn't even think of the contradictory stories UB told them before and now!!

aawww i love Kaumadi!! she is deffa so sweet! i loved her relieved expression seeing CC in sari!! and then the next helping was also very sweet..

hmm..Manthan is smelling something very fishy.. and ya Manek was also less than impressed with his mother's behavior too..

UB might have wriggled out of this one.. but the hubby gave her the benefit of the doubt cz there was no reason to suspect her of foul play. BUT if ever a future date comes and issue is dragged out, these might remain in his mind..and will put two and two together..

i kinda liked that she did not take video tutorial from YT this time..and used the available more customized version of help available at home..cz dressing herself in the sari is different as no preference of some1 else is involved..but food the family is used to in a way na..
so it made good practical sense...liked it a lot...nicely thought out...

i think Kaumadi-CC bond is gonna get cemented. little things, Kaumadi is frankly surprised that someone actually think of her own well being and is being considerate towards her..
it was there yesterday too when CC asked her that she must be tired n to have some tea and rest - she looked incredulous. today too when CC said she must be tired..
for kaumadi people have always taken advantage of her good nature, and to be given consideration as a human being she has actively started loving CC..
Also she loves and is becoming little used to the impromptu hugs n cuddles from CC too.. it is kinda very sweet actually this relationship they r nurturing in the show.
cz Kaumadi & CC r the biggest age difference in the new generation.. so its kinda motherly feeling too how Kaumadi treats her.. and CC is giving love and affection and consideration back and has acquired a very good ally who no longer helps her cz the ally is good, but cz the ally actually loves her..this is quite a big difference actually..

Sunara ... lovely take Clap You covered a lot of the little nuances in the episode. All the brothers were good ... each one reacted differently ... Manek didn't want a fuss made of the whole issue at all, he was glaring at R as though to say ... I told you not to blow things up! I've also noticed he and San seem to get along very well off-screen ...

Babuji is totally bowled over by CC today. He swallowed Umaben's lies today ... but Umaben had to admit that she gave CC permission to wear the suits and CC didn't  just decide to wear them regardless ... in fact she decided not to wear them in spite of having permission ...
AND CC made the point that clothes don't matter ... Babuji registered that all right.
Now he will tell Umaben after the fire ... clothes don't matter, and if they are dangerous, then it's better to drop the rule ... he will probably insist that CC does change to salwar suits ... it will be fun to see UB's face LOL

Love what you wrote about Kaumudi bhabhi. I think this is the first time someone has bothered about her and her feelings ... Ranjana uses her to get out of her own work, her husband doesn't seem to bother about her ... and being the eldest, she obeys all the rules unquestioningly ... RS are sisters, so she is outside their little circle ... it's lovely to see the bond developing between her and Chhanchhan. She is a far better saas to Chhanchhan than Umaben is.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

alwaysforarshiTheGlamourgalshowviewerNewbiesoapfanGuineaprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spirit

Just a random thought, wonder if the Sarabhais will ever find out about the fire incident? Her dad would freak out. Probably not at this point... Now I'm really curious to see if UB has any hand in that fire incident.[i.hope.not]

I doubt UB did it ... I don't think Umaben is that evil. Not so far anyway ... deliberately setting fire would be dangerous. I think it's just CC not being able to handle her pallu.

I also think it's being done so that Sanaya can get back into suits Wink 

I guess CC will decide not to tell her parents ... they would be worried sick and her dad would probably demand for her to come back home right away! He is hyper enough as it is!

Did you know that any fire-related incident with a young bride - in the first seven years of marriage - can be taken as evidence of dowry related crime? Accident or otherwise LOL I burnt my hand very badly in my third year of marriage and my friends were teasing my husband about it LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SiestashowviewerspiritNewbiesoapfanGuinea

lrlpam Goldie
lrlpam
lrlpam

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Talking abt the 1st scene...I was happy that CC came in a sari but I wasn't totally satisfied with her explanation. To respect elders,she has given up the idea of wearing other dresses...in that case she's never gonna break the rule,never gonna change the family's strict age-old mentality in this matter. I hope she wears suits sometimes,like she did in the new promo!

Felt really sorry for manthan! Poor boy got distracted from his cheques for nothing! LOL

Today I felt that technology wasn't really reqd. UB had ordered her bahus not to cook food,that doesn't mean they couldn't give instructions in the kitchen. Giving instructions through webcam n in the kitchen mean the same!

Manav needs to do a bit more work than what he's doing now,i.e romancing CC n looking out for her...so that anuj remains satisfied! And CC's eyes need to open. Winning battles isn't much fun unless u can smirk victoriously at ur opponent!Wink As for UB,someone made a good post today  saying that the battle should be old vs new mentality n not good vs evil,the latter being the current scenario. Hope the story takes a new turn after the 30-day thing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Guinea IF-Sizzlerz
Guinea
Guinea

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Liked the overall episode ...the show has a nice feel to it nowdays , what a family drama should be. 

Scenes which stayed in my mind , when CC came down from the stairs and spoke to UB , for the first time in the show I found the dialogues very good , CC said what she had too without being preachy ...made her stand abt what she thinks of the clothes issue but still will wear the saree as a mark of respect . Also liked the way the brothers looked at their respective wives with disgust ...

The romantic scene was good ...anuj probably because of the adv etc does the close up shots well , also did you notice the background music when the chanman scene was on , was quite decent. 

Then the cooking scene ... Really like the actor who is playing gomti ..her expressions are spot on , finally CC is beginning to realise all is a test ...

Their was a lot of sanaya today and as always she was really good ...while cooking with the apron on , she looked adorable and reminded me of her welcome show ... 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SiestaTheGlamourgalspiritshowviewerDiyaSgirlTalksprincessunara

TheGlamourgal Goldie
TheGlamourgal
TheGlamourgal

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
yeah Double whammy ! title suits today's epi perfectly.

Decent episode.  main point i love about  show  is all the character's are involved and are reacting to situation perfectly. seeing CC in saree a big blow to UB. FIL was clean bowled today with his lil bahu's good values. RanSan has to be like that since they were brought and trained by UB.kaumudi is the sweetest of all and she is very matured actor , she has acted in ph previous show and  she was good there too. Chanman scene was sensuous enough not out of blue.

Makers has messed up with character of UB a huge time by presenting her has vindictive and evil more than old fashioned.i think its been too late now to change her characterization .

Edited by siri271984 - 26 June 2013 at 12:25pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SiestaspiritDiyaSGuineaprincessunara

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Sunara ... lovely take Clap You covered a lot of the little nuances in the episode. All the brothers were good ... each one reacted differently ... Manek didn't want a fuss made of the whole issue at all, he was glaring at R as though to say ... I told you not to blow things up! I've also noticed he and San seem to get along very well off-screen ...

Babuji is totally bowled over by CC today. He swallowed Umaben's lies today ... but Umaben had to admit that she gave CC permission to wear the suits and CC didn't  just decide to wear them regardless ... in fact she decided not to wear them in spite of having permission ...
AND CC made the point that clothes don't matter ... Babuji registered that all right.
Now he will tell Umaben after the fire ... clothes don't matter, and if they are dangerous, then it's better to drop the rule ... he will probably insist that CC does change to salwar suits ... it will be fun to see UB's face LOL

Love what you wrote about Kaumudi bhabhi. I think this is the first time someone has bothered about her and her feelings ... Ranjana uses her to get out of her own work, her husband doesn't seem to bother about her ... and being the eldest, she obeys all the rules unquestioningly ... RS are sisters, so she is outside their little circle ... it's lovely to see the bond developing between her and Chhanchhan. She is a far better saas to Chhanchhan than Umaben is.

thanks.. n exactly there were a lot of small nuances flying today..

1 thing - did u notice that S&R situation - S does not necessarily listen to R. She simply apes R!! seriously its not younger sis listening to every1..its what we do when we r young, mummy wears high heels i wear them, she wears a sari i also wrap some clothe around to look like a sari,etc etc..

more things..i liked what CC did with the 'ekadarshi ka vrath'
she was already eating, she is used to vrats n accepts some people do them (Purvi did it she did all she could to help) but she doesn't believe or follow.. so instead of jumping & saying she will do something she doesn't at all believe in she offers help in a practical way..i liked this..
she might have agreed to the sari, but this showed she wasn't going to give in to all the rituals in the name of rituals..

Also one more thing CC was eating at the table..if i remember correctly there was one episode in the past when UB ate after the men went to office. And the bahus ate in the kitchen right?
So far CC has not raised the que on shared meals on dining table as she was distracted..

morning - she actually didn't eat..and thus was asked to eat by UB specifically.
evening - she was too worried abt her cooking adventure to worry abt place settings. thus did not pay attention..

but eat at the same dining able she would..this was clear..n it won't be long before CC actually sits at the table at the same time.. i doubt babuji can even think to ask her to get up and wait..
if u notice there is a cushioned bench that UB & Mansi sit at. there is 3 spaces there, with the very corner one being next to manav..this is gonna be the set up quite soon as i expect it..

also this is a general observation.. have u noticed the way of address by different people to the 2 parents?
all 3 elder bros n parters call - babuji & baa
Manav & CC call - mummy/mummyji & papa

there r many subtle nuances in this story..i seem to pick a truck load everytime I see a scene..and i am actually enjoying that fact...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

showviewerDiyaS

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lrlpam

Talking abt the 1st scene...I was happy that CC came in a sari but I wasn't totally satisfied with her explanation. To respect elders,she has given up the idea of wearing other dresses...in that case she's never gonna break the rule,never gonna change the family's strict age-old mentality in this matter. I hope she wears suits sometimes,like she did in the new promo!

Felt really sorry for manthan! Poor boy got distracted from his cheques for nothing! LOL

Today I felt that technology wasn't really reqd. UB had ordered her bahus not to cook food,that doesn't mean they couldn't give instructions in the kitchen. Giving instructions through webcam n in the kitchen mean the same!

jumping in the middle,

here is the thing, CC said about bahus of the house - meaning well for then and there at that moment she would wear. and well i doubt she expects to live 24/7 in the house, and outside world she will wear what she pleases.
in any case tomorrow is gonna be the last date she will regularly wear a sari. after the fire she will be given permission to wear salwars & watch the jungle episodes when the young couple is on their own. she will be back to wearing western clothes. only in front of her in laws she will not wear them..

kitchen issue - exact words of UB 'chutti' from kitchen.. well the bahus r stick in the mud cases where instructions like that is concerned.. n umm i have no 1st hand experience, but i saw in SNS (the only saas bahu show i ever saw) that this choke ka rasam (first meal made by the new bahu) is done on her own..
and Kaumadi said no to helping her 'in' the kitchen as she was scared of UB. CC realized something was off and she found a loophole..
cz had Kaumadi been inside the kitchen she would have in certain instances given a hand to CC..it just happens..and this was banned to her..and unlike CC she is scared to put a toe out of line.

CC said 'i will not put u in such a situation' not that she believed such rules were needed. but she felt the fishiness of the situation (this is a test for me right que) and thus circumvented around it..not for her sake, but cz had she confronted UB Kaumadi was the one to get trapped in the issue.. at least this is what i thought..
she didn't do it for herself, but did cz Kaumadi was scared to step foot in to the kitchen..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Go to top