Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Barun_Fever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
ohh I haven't seen the episode yet, but loved what I read..
so will watch it tonight :)
tfs
golpokobita thumbnail
your episode analysis gives me more fun than the show itself..
loved it!

It was really a bad day for UB.. She not only lost her game but also almost got caught with her evil plan. Her husband is not all dumb, fortunately.. Anyways, like always she managed with lies.. Hope Manav gets to know these lies..

And the second one was once again 'modern bahu' part. Once again CC is using technology to make her life easy.. She is really smart.. 

And I liked her strategy to accept the rules of the family .. although she might not have done it as a strategic move.. but its helping her. She knows how to win challenges..
Riima_Azraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
can I just say -- in your face UB!!! 🤣 🤣 

haven't seen today's epi but reading it made me ROLF!!! technology bahu!!! good one!! will need to catch up tomorrow now 
spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: alwaysforarshi

OMG! Hope you were OK?
I also don't think the burning was UB's doing. That would be awful! To want to murder her DIL, just because of ego?? Does this still happen??
I think if her parents, especially, dad found out, he would file for divorce right away!!!
Now, the whole incident as you say, is for her to revert to wearing her own clothes. But doesn't a shalwar suit also have a saree? (I don't know. My Indian friends sometimes wear
shalwaar-kameez, but it has a small saree to put in the neck. (Like Sanaya had in her previous show.) So, wouldn't that catch fire? Kind of defeats the purpose if that's what the whole incident is about. Unless she wears a suit without a small saree.

Ahh yes, I did hear abt this very recently somewhere,...but it's not just confined to fire related incidents, is it?  Either way, it probably acts as a deterrent and prevents a lot of those dowry related crimes. Coming to your own story, it sounds like a nasty burn!! But it sounds like your friends made the most of that unfortunate accident. Friends!! 😆Your hubby was probably not amused.😆

I don't think UB will stoop so low, I mean this would make it hard to redeem her. Lets wait and see. Probably like u said, this is done to get the actress out of those saris. I'm sure she can't wait to get rid of the pallus 😆 but in the context of the show, this will be a significant victory of sorts for CC. Won't it unsettle the peace of the BS household. No matter why or how it was achieved, the other two DiL would want the same thing... Since this takes care of two things, saree and that pallu. CC 2 UB 0😃

I agree with both of you, her dad and her mom too would freak out. He would certainly show up at BS house demanding she comes back with him.

ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great analysis.. loved the epi.. 
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Diya 

Nice post as usual ..will come back to fill in 
Right now I am on a TRP overdrive 😆
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: alwaysforarshi

OMG! Hope you were OK?
I also don't think the burning was UB's doing. That would be awful! To want to murder her DIL, just because of ego?? Does this still happen??
I think if her parents, especially, dad found out, he would file for divorce right away!!!
Now, the whole incident as you say, is for her to revert to wearing her own clothes. But doesn't a shalwar suit also have a saree? (I don't know. My Indian friends sometimes wear
shalwaar-kameez, but it has a small saree to put in the neck. (Like Sanaya had in her previous show.) So, wouldn't that catch fire? Kind of defeats the purpose if that's what the whole incident is about. Unless she wears a suit without a small saree.

I guess you are talking about the dupatta... I guess she can handle that better... even that is a fire hazard if you ask me... let's see! 

I do not think that UB is behind the fire ... if that's the case , she is truly evil and beyond redemption... and in India like mentioned above any accident within 7 years of marriage is treated seriously and the in-laws can be jailed... so guess its CC's carelessness... also remember UB has taken money from the other party .. she can be jailed if she does this!

shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: shruathi

love ur analysis everyday...thanks @diya truely loved the episode:)

👍🏼

enjoy a episode a lots 
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

jumping in the middle,

here is the thing, CC said about bahus of the house - meaning well for then and there at that moment she would wear. and well i doubt she expects to live 24/7 in the house, and outside world she will wear what she pleases.
in any case tomorrow is gonna be the last date she will regularly wear a sari. after the fire she will be given permission to wear salwars & watch the jungle episodes when the young couple is on their own. she will be back to wearing western clothes. only in front of her in laws she will not wear them..

kitchen issue - exact words of UB 'chutti' from kitchen.. well the bahus r stick in the mud cases where instructions like that is concerned.. n umm i have no 1st hand experience, but i saw in SNS (the only saas bahu show i ever saw) that this choke ka rasam (first meal made by the new bahu) is done on her own..
and Kaumadi said no to helping her 'in' the kitchen as she was scared of UB. CC realized something was off and she found a loophole..
cz had Kaumadi been inside the kitchen she would have in certain instances given a hand to CC..it just happens..and this was banned to her..and unlike CC she is scared to put a toe out of line.

CC said 'i will not put u in such a situation' not that she believed such rules were needed. but she felt the fishiness of the situation (this is a test for me right que) and thus circumvented around it..not for her sake, but cz had she confronted UB Kaumadi was the one to get trapped in the issue.. at least this is what i thought..
she didn't do it for herself, but did cz Kaumadi was scared to step foot in to the kitchen..

Adding my bit here ... also none of the other bahus has ever voiced their discontent about wearing sarees openly. Probably today was the the first time RanSan even mentioned it to their husbands ... only because the topic was brought up. Otherwise they are the type who obey blindly ... or in Ranjana's case, try to lie and scheme their way out of situations, but never say things out straight.
Even for Chhanchhan ... she does not object to wearing sarees per se. She's just finding it hard to get used to wearing them all the time, and work in them. And changing the rule for her will not mean that she never wears sarees ever again ... it just means she gets more leeway to get used to them more gradually ... am sure she will of her own free will, wear sarees for poojas and important functions.
And once that happens, the other bahus will also get the leeway to change.

The point of this is ... clothes should be comfortable AND appropriate to the occasion. Sometimes you have to put up with a bit of discomfort because the occasion and tradition demands it ... and sometimes, esp when you're working, comfort and convenience is MORE important than tradition. It's a question of finding a balance.

Agree with Sunara about the bahus behaviour. Ranjana was just happy that CC got "punished" - Ranjana still sees everything in terms of rules and punishments ...
Sanjana followed her blindly, down to the excuse of cleaning her room ... Sanjana used Ranjana's words to complain to Manthan as well ... Sanjana never thinks for herself at all. So no question of those two helping her.

Kaumudi was troubled for Chhanchhan ... but she interprets Umaben's words literally and is too scared to countermand a direct order. But she is also ready to help CC find her way around it ... she helped CC and Manav the jaagran night too. Kaumudi knows that directly countermanding UB's orders can make things very unpleasant for the whole family ... but she is clear-sighted enough to see the unfairness ... and helps out in any way she can. She was told - kitchen se chutti ... so she did not go into the kitchen ...

And Chhanchhan is slowly realising the ways of the house ... RanSan got into trouble because of her, so she made sure that Kaumudi bhabhi did not ... she did take Kaumudi's help, at the same time, the chokha rasam was followed and she made the food on her own. So she obeyed orders, she followed tradition ... but with a modern touch 😛 ... and in a practical way.
She is beginning to understand how Umaben runs the household. And once she understands that, then it will be easier to find effective ways to change things. She can't barge into the household and from day one start saying, this is right, this is wrong ... she has to find acceptance first. Respect is a two way street - if she shows she respects the traditions of the family, then only will her opinions be respected. Respect has to be commanded, not demanded
Edited by DiyaS - 10 years ago
spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Actually scrap that earlier score card.
It's CC 3 UB 1
UB lost a point after CC got to marry Manav.
And CC lost one after UB sent Manav away on their wedding night,

Aren't I fair?