Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: speedgal

Devyanai is Bhrama daughter? What crap..

So Thiruparakundram has no significance. Have to say it out loud just to keep my BP in check...Murugan is the presiding deity of us Tamils and he does not seem to hold that much significance else where. Why then is our history distorted. Can't hide behind some obscure version when the Sthalam and Sthala puranam are living testimony for who these Gods are.

dia i am just happy tht they changed the story just that little bit and turned her from apsara to someones daughter.
She is vishnu's daughter , that is in skanda puranam.
and also it is written in the temple walls,
but then.. the cv's should remember that these episdes will be aired sooner or later down south. want to see reactions from there .
shock after shock
first birth of skanda specially the karthigai pengal
parvathy running away with baby lolz that was hilarious
shiva combining the 6 babies. .. that was not hilarious
meenakshi
devayanai
then rona dona by skanda
the list goes on .
Gopiii thumbnail
People in south will not like it for sure.
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Excuse me Dia... do you have a Sanskrit written proof of what u are stating...?? U are accusing the CVs here...!! ðŸ¤“

I did read.. that Devsena was Indra's daughter.. but some here are saying some version says her as Brahma daughter too.. !! But I m glad...at least they corrected the Apsara part.. !! ðŸ˜Š
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
atleast she is not apsara.and i read in a version where devsena appeared as goddess shashthi mounting on cat said that she is Brahma's daughter

A chapter entitled Shashthidevyupakhyanam, appended to the texts Brahma Vaivarta Purana and Devi Bhagavata Purana, narrates the tale of Shashthi.[8] King Priyavrata ' the son of Svayambhuva Manu (the progenitor of mankind) ' and his wife Malini performed the putrakamesti yajna (a fire-sacrifice ritual to gain a son) in an effort to conceive, but after twelve years of pregnancy, a still-born son was delivered to Malini. Priyavrata set off to the cremation grounds with the corpse of his son. On his way, he saw a celestial woman dressed in white silk and jewels, riding in a heavenly chariot. She declared to Priyavrata that she was Devasena, the daughter of Brahma and wife of Skanda. She further said that she was Shashthi, foremost of the Matrikas ("Mothers") of Skanda, and had the power to grant children to devotees. She held the child in her hand and resurrected the infant, then began to leave for her heavenly abode, taking the child with her. Priyavrata stopped the goddess, praising her and pleading that she return his son to him. The goddess agreed on the condition that Priyavrata would initiate and propagate her worship in all three worlds: heaven, earth and the netherworld. She returned the child to the king, naming him Suvrata and declaring that he should become famous as a great, virtuous, and learned ruler. Priyavrata decreed that Shashthi should be worshipped on the sixth day of every month, as well as the sixth and twenty-first days after childbirth, and on all occasions auspicious to a child. She would be worshipped in the form of a Shaligrama stone, a Purna Ghata under a banyan tree, or an image of her on a wall.[8][10][16]
Edited by Kadamvari - 10 years ago
Diala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am not sure people watch Shivam that much. They even changed the timing, and might stop airing soon.

Sia, I only have proof written in Galactic Basic..not in Sanskrit.

Yes, She was Indra's daughter. In previous birth (Jaya correct me if wrong) both D and V were sisters and daughters of Vishnu. They did tapasya to marry Murugan and did so as Indra's daughter and as Valli.

Anyother version is as unknown as the significance of Murugan in any other region.

I will be happy if they send them off and start Ramayan. Character assasination of all puranic characters one at a time...way to go Utti..

Jaya you forgot to add...Mootha Pillai chella pilai, Ilaya pillai edupaar kai pillai ... dialogue by Murugan in Thiruvilayadal when he finds Ganesha with the mango...
bhargavi_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
im seriously watchin dis show oly for Sona..so many distortions...being in south its difficult to take al dis...thank god i was thinkin to suggest appar, manikkavasagam, sundarar and thirunavukarasar-the famous Nayanmars... stories to d writer...i didnt do tat grave mistake...i have no intentions to watch dis in tamil...Never...i dono how even ppl will digest d potrayal of Murugan as a cry god...
bhargavi_2 thumbnail
Ya.Dia...Deivanai and Valli are born from tears of LOrd Vishnu wen he gets overwhelmed after seeing murugan win the war against Soorapadman n not punishing him but redeeming him...
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it's allright but tell me, what are the cv's planing to show?
Gopiii thumbnail
I don't know if I watch the show anymore as a mythological one more for the actors and not the stories anymore. 
bhargavi_2 thumbnail
Valli is again born to a rishi who is a form Lord Vishnu and a deer who is Mahalakshmi...been cursed by some other Maharishi...they r d parents of Valli...Wow Valli Murugan...Valli Manalan...wt a love story...