Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Same old same old. As usual Prakash Jha doesn't have anything to new to introduce. 

Good to see Amrita Rao though. She was good in Jolly LLB!
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
will watch it..my heart bleeds when i see corrpution ruling on my indiašŸ˜­...prakash jha always makes meaningful cinema..all his films were superb 
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Raajneeti + Aarakshan = Satyagraha. 

exactly
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It's not that films based on issues shouldnt be made.
They should definitely be made.
But at least try to add SOME entertainment factor in them. Who wants to watch a documentary in the theaters?
If not entertainment, there has to be at least some novelty!
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I usually really love such films.. Raajneeti is one of my all-time favourites. Loved the Raghupati Raghav Rajaram background music. Looking forward to this one :)
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: desigal90

And I hate how I can't even understand the dialogues in these films.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Rajneeti was that successful was due to music and the curiosity factor of Kat being associated with such a desi political role. It was so publicized.

Have you actually seen Raajneeti DG? It had a gripping, interesting and true story to tell.. about the politics of India. Music was good no doubt, but it was a hit because of the story and amazing performances by the whole cast. Especially Ranbir, Arjun, Katrina.. actually all of them got critical acclaim.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I've seen Aarakshan and I actually fell asleep in the middle. 
It was that boring. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: desigal90

I've seen Aarakshan and I actually fell asleep in the middle. 

It was that boring. 

you should see Rajneeti. Katrina was not an eye candy. She actually acted in this one. Maybe watching Rajneeti might give you some hope about Parkash ja and his films and his characters. Rajneeti was not boring at all. Aarakshan I fell asleep too. So hopefully this one is more like Rajneeti and less like Aarakshan
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: K.Sean

Have you actually seen Raajneeti DG? It had a gripping, interesting and true story to tell.. about the politics of India. Music was good no doubt, but it was a hit because of the story and amazing performances by the whole cast. Especially Ranbir, Arjun, Katrina.. actually all of them got critical acclaim.

K. Sean we don't usually agree..but I have to agree with you here. Rajneeti was not a hit because of Katrina only..Rajneeti was a good film..and every single actor in that film gave a good performance including Katrina. That's why it was successful..film had everything going for it..big stars, great actors, great music, good film ect
Edited by beboholic - 10 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I've actually got a very unpopular opinion about Raajneeti

IMO, it was nothing but a farce lool. They tried to make it look like a serious movie about Indian politics, but it was nothing but a masala fest, adorned with pretty shots of Katrina with the token "de-glam" look in the end, very unecessary and unexplained gunshot scenes towards the end, and Ranbir trying to act all badass when he really wasn't

a real movie about politics or serious political issues can maybe be Gangajal. That movie was unadulterated, no gimmicks whatsoever