Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

India-Forums

Salman = "Old wine in a new bottle" (Page 6)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakkaBakka

You are real Salman fan, that is why you are looking at Salman only... I look at celeb dancers too, if he/she can adapt to different forms of dance although that is choreographed by Salman on Isha last year. I am seeing improvement in DD, so credit goes to good teacher as well as samajhdaar student. It is better Remo, Terrence etc became judge instead of still being teacher, otherwise their repetitive dance form might have been exposed too. Everything in this world has its limitation.

Errr...Remo-Terence are professional choreographers, teachers first...then judges. They still choreograph a lot. Remo does a lot of work in BW and Terence does more stuff around the world. Not to forget that they are the actual choreographers in the main seasons of DID. Both Remo-Terence have choreographed 3 seasons' worth of stuff in DID too..and in one season they have BOTH shown more variety than Salman has in 3 seasons.

Remo's forte is all sorts of hip-hop, but he's choreographed all sorts of classical/folk Indian dances, contemporary, aerial, ballroom, Latin dances, Bollywood, Tap, a bunch of hip-hop, theatrical...and I don't even know what else. Same with Terence. Plus their knowledge of various dance forms, especially Terence's is amazing. Neither relied only on their strengths to take their dancers through.

Of course everyone has limitations..but what's the harm in actually TRYING something new?

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12pari_roxxEl_DoradoMiss Cheriechacha_chaudhrisensodyneFingerFetishLeadNitrate-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.WreckLassSunoNa...Faraan92-Dhoop-BeingBluntTony_StraK786-Swetha-AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Errr...Remo-Terence are professional choreographers, teachers first...then judges. They still choreograph a lot. Remo does a lot of work in BW and Terence does more stuff around the world. Not to forget that they are the actual choreographers in the main seasons of DID. Both Remo-Terence have choreographed 3 seasons' worth of stuff in DID too..and in one season they have BOTH shown more variety than Salman has in 3 seasons.

Remo's forte is all sorts of hip-hop, but he's choreographed all sorts of classical/folk Indian dances, contemporary, aerial, ballroom, Latin dances, Bollywood, Tap, a bunch of hip-hop, theatrical...and I don't even know what else. Same with Terence. Plus their knowledge of various dance forms, especially Terence's is amazing. Neither relied only on their strengths to take their dancers through.

Of course everyone has limitations..but what's the harm in actually TRYING something new?

Hear HearClapClap Satya Vachan! lol...and that's the difference b/w students and teachers.

And if people really want to get technical, as you said PRINCE has proven to be a better choreographer despite being considered restricted to his popping locking style...but then that is the thing naa...the people who get brought on board for DID seasons are actually capable of choreography to that extent...guess it's too much to expect variety in JDJ especially from Remo's "Happy Family" gangLOL

The point being...Salman is not the WORST choreographer on JDJ...not at all...but he is definitely overhyped and anyone who has followed even one season of JDJ can see that he is afraid to step out of his comfort zone of contemporary/acrobatic routines...he hovers in that zone and adopts concepts around that...otherwise can anyone explain what kind of adaptation of "wheels" was that in his second act this season on domestic abuse? LOL where the "concept" did away with the use of the prop totally...amazing.

Also as we discussed before...he doesn't LISTEN to the MUSIC to choreograph accordingly vis a vis beats.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12.SmokeySilence.Miss Cheriechacha_chaudhrisensodyneFingerFetishPentaminous.SunoNa...WreckLass-Chandramukhi-gilmoresBeingBlunt-Dhoop-Faraan92-Swetha-Tony_StraK786

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Hear HearClapClap Satya Vachan! lol...and that's the difference b/w students and teachers.

And if people really want to get technical, as you said PRINCE has proven to be a better choreographer despite being considered restricted to his popping locking style...but then that is the thing naa...the people who get brought on board for DID seasons are actually capable of choreography to that extent...guess it's too much to expect variety in JDJ especially from Remo's "Happy Family" gangLOL

The point being...Salman is not the WORST choreographer on JDJ...not at all...but he is definitely overhyped and anyone who has followed even one season of JDJ can see that he is afraid to step out of his comfort zone of contemporary/acrobatic routines...he hovers in that zone and adopts concepts around that...otherwise can anyone explain what kind of adaptation of "wheels" was that in his second act this season on domestic abuse? LOL where the "concept" did away with the use of the prop totally...amazing.

Also as we discussed before...he doesn't LISTEN to the MUSIC to choreograph accordingly vis a vis beats.

LOL Remo-Terence have been in the business some 15-20 years...they definitely know more and show more..exactly that's why they are the teachers and Salman is a student.

Remo brought good choreographers like Shampa, Tushar on board too..if he just shows the same logical reasoning with other people like Sushant, Sanam then it would have been even better..

@bold
EXACTLY! Extremely well put Anu..that's what the point is..Salman is NOT the worst choreographer, definitely not. But he's also not as amazing as he's made to seem...and therein lies the problem. For someone who receives so much praise, he shouldn't be so repetitive. ..just that's it.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12FingerFetishMiss Cheriechacha_chaudhriWreckLass-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.SunoNa...BeingBlunt-Dhoop-StarktasticFaraan92-Swetha-

stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
CryI think JDJ as a whole should get a lil more strict and professional. The show itself is no less that K serial.. Few sob stories, few chot stories, silly comical craps...Cut the crap, show the dance.

Define a dance category for each week like indian, folk, ballroom, street style etc and let everyone perform a dance form in that category. Also, there should be a limit to the marks given for emotional quotient. Just because there was lot of emotion or woman empowerment or single mother or mummy papa story, does not mean actual dance was upto the mark. Out of 10, keep 3-4 marks for concept, something for choreography and majority for execution.

And for God sake save the last point for something amazing rather than handing it out like eclairs at toll booths.

- kJo should watch po*n f all he needs is sex, sexuality n sensousness..
- Madz should talk abt dance rather than cuteness, a nari shakti. ( i feel they should make her sit in middle of the dance floor, every episode, poor lady has to cone down atleast 50times to dance with anchors, contestants, guests, choregraphers, choregraphers ke choregraphers)
- Remo sir, pls stop being biased to your small happy family.

I think salman is still one of the best in the lot as compared to shweta's choreo and aarti's choreo. Puneet also appears redundant with his hip hop styles. None of remo's family mbrs hv attempted indian, if i am not mistaken.
Everyone is disappointed with salman this season because he is unable to meet the super high expectations everybody had of him...ones he set in previous season. And hving a busy non-dancer partner is only making it worse.

Wish JDJ got Dharmesh or Jai as choreos.Cry

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12Miss Cherie-Chandramukhi-gilmores-Dhoop-BeingBluntTony_StraK786

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Sadly despite my love for him, I have to agree with Chandu's words. I hardly visit the forum but I do watch his acts online but I'm yet to come across something new from this season. He seems somewhat stagnated and repeats his own steps/moves from previous acts

But I haven't lost hope as his fan. Still hoping for something new and exciting like the last season cuz he's such an amazing dancer/choreographer 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Miss Cheriechacha_chaudhriWreckLass-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.BeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786-Swetha-

..SD.. Senior Member
..SD..
..SD..

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:11am | IP Logged
i've been watching this guy from DID days.. he is a good dancer but can't say tat abt d choreographer in him cuz he has become much repeatitive tat people tends to forget by now wat else he has tried in DID or say remo made him do... forget abt classical and bollywood he is not even trying hip hop...

talking abt JDJ, the show was much much much better 2 yrs back with less drama, less stunts and more dance... watz with the theme thing in this show... for lords sake this is a dance show not some acting contest or daily soap.. they should give dance styles every week instead of theme..

people wants to see sonali nd sumant doing act without lifts, i too want, not only em but every others including salman.. Is it like drashti dhami is a bad dancer tat salman can't take d risk of making her do dance, by dance i mean dance with less lifts/stunts nd more moves...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

El_DoradotastahninMiss Cherie-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.Faraan92BeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786

music2love Goldie

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

IloveMyself.Miss Cheriechacha_chaudhri-Chandramukhi-BeingBlunt

tastahnin IF-Dazzler
tastahnin
tastahnin

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:39am | IP Logged

i have to agree with u...salman is really not being able to recreate the same magic that he created in last season... 

i am not saying that he is not a good choreographer ..of course he is one of the best... last year i used to admire salman a lot but i must say that ,this year his choreography is quite disappointing...though only two or three act are not enough to judge him still i have to say that his acts lack creativity... 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Miss Cherie-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.BeingBlunt

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index