Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

India-Forums

Salman = "Old wine in a new bottle" (Page 5)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

I think he did only one Hip hop routine in all of DID1 and that was towards the end of that season...he didn't get very great comments for it...he was always appreciated more for his contemporary and ballroom dance routines cuz his body language is graceful.  As for Indian dance forms...Remo made him do a Chhau performance in that season too if I recall correctly...so it's not like he hasn't been exposed to some variety under Remo.

But being a dancer is different from being a choreographer as we've discussed before...creatively he cannot think beyond his standard 2-3 concepts that he's now repeating in a third straight season...first two times he got flexible,  athletic girls well versed in acrobatia so he literally only relied on contemporary/aeriel/acrobatic routines with both girls...Chalo even if concept is lacking, if he makes up for that with hard core DANCING in any act, it would be fine...but instead he chooses wohi same type of concepts, does the same kind of steps and finished.

With Drashti this season, he has scope to do bollywood and hip-hop, both...I've seen her dance on awards shows...surely she's capable of more than the same style he's making her do over and over again...

I also have to say...Remo's insistence on getting his proteges on board is more emotional bias than logical reasoning...this year he brought that Sushant on board...last year it was Sanam...these ppl can't choreograph to save their lives...then why are they forced into the show? Just cuz Remo wants his "Happy Family" reunion on this show? Samaaj seva chal rahi hai? It really lowers the standard of the show.

I meant he hasn't choreographed a hip-hop routine in all these seasons has he? ..Isha certainly never did hip-hop..she would have been found out completely. Don't think Yana did either?

As a dancer, DID1 mein they were all more or less exposed to lots of different dance styles...that was one versatile season for the most part. I know Salman has done contemporary, ballroom, salsa, hip-hop, tap, some dance style that Remo had invented  like Biba or something ( near the end of the season), chau, Bollywood..etc. I think he's done jazz too.  That chau act mein he got burnt..I remember..Salman toh waise bhi Remo ki jaan tha..Remo tried hardest with Salman...actually taught him. So it's not that he isn't exposed, but he doesn't have that knowledge like he does about contemporary/aerial, salsa even..I have seen him do hip-hop since DID1 I think..in ABCD..and did he not do hip-hop with some of the foreign dancers last season or maybe I am just confused now?

He's been with Remo for 5-6 years now, I'm sure his hip-hop has improved tons since then...and he has learned more about the different styles within hip-hop..and yes Dhrashti is capable of hip-hop, Bollywood..why focus just on aerial/contemporary again and again..

One big problem for Salman though is that he's sheltered. Remo used to jump on Terence and Geeta for criticizing Salman and used to pretty much dismiss their criticisms. ..and even on Jhalak its not like anyone once told Salman to step up...bring variety. How will you improve when no one tells you what your issues are?

About Remo, I agree. I admire him for giving so many opportunities to his team, but thoda h has to more careful about who gets a chance. Sanam is not even a proper dancer toh choreography ki toh baat hi chodo.. Mohena is nothing great either..and Sushant..bhai he had the strongest female dancer of the show and he brought her down completely..heck who would have thought, but Prince, his least versatile student, is actually a decent choreographer. ..sure he has a lot still to learn, but he isn't hopeless.

Edited by chocolover89 - 26 June 2013 at 3:33pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12El_DoradoMiss Cherie-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.-Dhoop-BeingBlunt-Swetha-AreYaar

-Alinaa- Goldie
-Alinaa-
-Alinaa-

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LeadNitrate

PS : JDJ and its format of sugegsting props and themes are not helping at all. if they are following DWTS to the T, then they need to specify dance styles to be showcased in the episode, judge the dance forms based on the minimum number of footworks that certifies the dance form as the qualified form. If its trying to be unique and Indian, then by all means do it. Include  Indian dance forms a lot, India based concepts like mythology. At present its neither here nor there.
I wish atleast professional dancers differentiate on public platforms bollywood is not Indian dance. Its like saying what people do is discos == ballet.

Agree with you everything you mentioned, especially above part.  I don't understand the purpose behind these themes. Mostly they encourage the choreographers to use more props or showcase emotional acts, which takes away the actual dancing.
Like you said the makers need to specify dance styles for an episode. Not necessarily Western, but Indian forms like Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Manipuri, Rajasthani folk etc

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Miss Cherie-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.BeingBlunt-Dhoop-

LSctt IF-Rockerz
LSctt
LSctt

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Salman doesn't need to put in the same effort he used to before.. He's got biased remo and madwhobala promoters madhuri & karan who will give DD top marks.. No matter how mediocre or flawed his concepts & choreography is!

Edited by sonia1230 - 26 June 2013 at 5:04pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12IloveMyself.Miss Cheriechacha_chaudhriPentaminous.-Chandramukhi-Gauahargeous_NBeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786

-GayabCat- IF-Stunnerz
-GayabCat-
-GayabCat-

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
I do agree with some points of urs chandra
That last yr he used the ring and this yr the ring was repetition

I like to see him doing hip hop, kathak piece etc than sticking to contemporary etc he normally does!

I am wanting the old salman back with the new concepts he didnt do before

I am bored with repetition now!

I want him coming out of his comfort zone and take risks!
Tushar was awesome this yr!

Domestic violence contemporary and the ring(whatever u call that dance form) bores me these days

I liked him doing paso doble last yr!
I want to see indian dance form from him

Quite a good post chandra!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dhoop-

WreckLass IF-Sizzlerz
WreckLass
WreckLass

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Salman is a good dancer but not a good choreographer. 
I just wish Remo takes off his "bias"glasses and starts judging Salman coz he is doing nothing to get a full 30 score.
But then am thinking, its his celeb dancer too. Now the celeb he is with this season, cant dance. So bechara ab kya karega...usko lift kar kar ke points le raha hain.
 And for some reason, the judges are in awe when someone does a few lifts, stunts and an aerial actConfused
I am not saying lifts, stunts are not good...but if thats the only thing that a performance has, then that is not dancing and this is supposed to be a dance show.
And also, I would like to see Salman come up with a different dance form than the usual ones he always doesSleepy

Edited by T1ddlyW1nks - 26 June 2013 at 5:53pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

IloveMyself.Miss Cheriechacha_chaudhriLScttPentaminous.-Dhoop-BeingBluntTony_StraK786

HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:28pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MsFoodyTwoShoes

HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:39pm | IP Logged

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index