Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

India-Forums

Salman = "Old wine in a new bottle" (Page 4)

IloveMyself. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12El_DoradoSanzBarbie-PrimaDonna-chacha_chaudhriiria_luvsLindorTheEmpress-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.Faraan92BeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

IloveMyself.-PrimaDonna-chacha_chaudhriiria_luvsLindorPentaminous.-Dhoop-BeingBluntTony_StraK786

Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

IloveMyself.-PrimaDonna-chacha_chaudhri-Chandramukhi-BeingBlunt

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
judges tell Shweta to move out of your comfort zone and try new forms so why dont they say that to Salman? he hardly ever tries something new and he's a choreographer! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12chacha_chaudhriArianaGrande-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.

ArianaGrande IF-Sizzlerz
ArianaGrande
ArianaGrande

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nitu_ST_Deewani

judges tell Shweta to move out of your comfort zone and try new forms so why dont they say that to Salman? he hardly ever tries something new and he's a choreographer! 

Yes even I found this biased towards ShwetaConfused.Why only Shweta has to be asked to do new thingsOuch
To tell you the truth I didn't like Salman from last season but now he is okay okay but has to improve 

Edited by SayanoraVViegas - 26 June 2013 at 1:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dhoop-

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Salman in last two seasons had got trained dancers like Isha and Yana who also had a lot of time to rehearse. Specially Isha, who herself is a trained dancer and probably did contribute in terms of choreography as well. Therefore with those advantages not being there anymore, there is offcourse  compromise on part of  him. As a smart choreographer he should have been able to circumvent them and brought out the best in DD.  unfortunately he has failed me there. I have no complains for DD so far, she is learning fast what she is being given. Its salman who is relying heavily on tried and tested parts.
Also he is mainly good in contemporary and some ballroom forms like salsa and  waltz, not all of them. For example there was no argentine Tango in his tango act that fushion week. 
His concepts are very repetitive, lovers meeting, two people meeting or domestic abuse. While last season he did use different concepts. Maybe isha contributed a bit to it.
But there is still time. The guy I liked is still hidden somewhere there and he can come up with something awesome.

PS : JDJ and its format of sugegsting props and themes are not helping at all. if they are following DWTS to the T, then they need to specify dance styles to be showcased in the episode, judge the dance forms based on the minimum number of footworks that certifies the dance form as the qualified form. If its trying to be unique and Indian, then by all means do it. Include  Indian dance forms a lot, India based concepts like mythology. At present its neither here nor there.
I wish atleast professional dancers differentiate on public platforms bollywood is not Indian dance. Its like saying what people do is discos == ballet.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12pari_roxx..Chandni..El_Dorado-PrimaDonna-chacha_chaudhri-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous.BeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LeadNitrate

PS : JDJ and its format of sugegsting props and themes are not helping at all. if they are following DWTS to the T, then they need to specify dance styles to be showcased in the episode, judge the dance forms based on the minimum number of footworks that certifies the dance form as the qualified form. If its trying to be unique and Indian, then by all means do it. Include  Indian dance forms a lot, India based concepts like mythology. At present its neither here nor there.
I wish atleast professional dancers differentiate on public platforms bollywood is not Indian dance. Its like saying what people do is discos == ballet.

I don't remember exactly ..in season 4 did they specify the theme + dance style? I think they did. Colors should do that too. Their themes are slightly weird. So far they are okay..but going off of the weird rounds they had last year, I'm not expecting this season to be much better. Household prop is somewhat more of a choreographic challenge than a challenge for the dancer IMHO.

I feel JDJ was better on Sony..Colors plays too much politics...and that is why it will never be taken seriously. On paper, they have such good contestants this season. But somewhere that magic, charm is still missing.

As for Salman...well..I agree. More than Indian (I don't think Salman has any background with Indian whatsoever and I certainly don't see him taking that risk and trying it)...I'm more surprised why he has hardly ever attempted a HIP-HOP routine even? He's been with Remo since DID1 which was I don't even know how many years ago at this point so clearly he knows hip-hop...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12El_DoradoPentaminous.BeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

As for Salman...well..I agree. More than Indian (I don't think Salman has any background with Indian whatsoever and I certainly don't see him taking that risk and trying it)...I'm more surprised why he has hardly ever attempted a HIP-HOP routine even? He's been with Remo since DID1 which was I don't even know how many years ago at this point so clearly he knows hip-hop...

I think he did only one Hip hop routine in all of DID1 and that was towards the end of that season...he didn't get very great comments for it...he was always appreciated more for his contemporary and ballroom dance routines cuz his body language is graceful.  As for Indian dance forms...Remo made him do a Chhau performance in that season too if I recall correctly...so it's not like he hasn't been exposed to some variety under Remo.

But being a dancer is different from being a choreographer as we've discussed before...creatively he cannot think beyond his standard 2-3 concepts that he's now repeating in a third straight season...first two times he got flexible,  athletic girls well versed in acrobatia so he literally only relied on contemporary/aeriel/acrobatic routines with both girls...Chalo even if concept is lacking, if he makes up for that with hard core DANCING in any act, it would be fine...but instead he chooses wohi same type of concepts, does the same kind of steps and finished.

With Drashti this season, he has scope to do bollywood and hip-hop, both...I've seen her dance on awards shows...surely she's capable of more than the same style he's making her do over and over again...

I also have to say...Remo's insistence on getting his proteges on board is more emotional bias than logical reasoning...this year he brought that Sushant on board...last year it was Sanam...these ppl can't choreograph to save their lives...then why are they forced into the show? Just cuz Remo wants his "Happy Family" reunion on this show? Samaaj seva chal rahi hai? It really lowers the standard of the show.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12sensodyneMiss Cheriechacha_chaudhriPentaminous.SunoNa...-Chandramukhi-gilmoresBeingBlunt-Dhoop-Tony_StraK786-Swetha-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index