India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Asad Ahmed Khan- a reading. *impt*

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged

I guess we all have our different versions of Asad- the man he was, is and should be...and all that...so I thought of putting down my thoughts.Smile

This post became longer than I intended, I would like to request some patient reading...Smile

This is how I read Asad.

He is a boy who grew up watching his mother being betrayed by the same man twice- and could never explain the tears she fell for him even after these acts of deceit. He never knew how to answer the one Q she constantly asked herself- 'What did I do to deserve such unfaithfulness?'

He grew up hating the man who did this to her...so much so, his greatest fear was that he himself would put someone in the same shoes as his ammi- a thought he constantly feared.

He had a good upbringing, and like any man of his circumstances had certain expectations from people...the greatest one being honesty. When it came to women, he had some orthodox, but not fanatic expectations- so far so good. He is a man who has had great emotional trauma in his past, struggling and succeeding to rebuild the lives of those dependent on him- and he would give HIS LIFE FOR THEM -that made him a hero for me. But the balance was always ready to tip, if the trauma of his past came up.

Along came Zoya, who was the complete antithesis of all he believed in...Zoya was not perfect either- she had some impossible concepts of a fairy tale love story- which can only be a dream- IN REAL LIFE.

Yet, he grew to understand her bit by bit...step by step...after many many fights and rebukes...so much so that one day he was able to tell her- "Aap Ziddi hai, par bholi hai...aur masoom bhi..."

All through this, he continued to have differences in opinions with Zoya on many matters...and it was not just about his best friend.

That is why I don't ever see this battle between AsYa as one about Tanveer. It is neverabout who he trusts more- Tanveer or Zoya?- It is simply about WHOSE JUDGEMENT HE TRUSTS MORE- His or Zoya's?

Now, why does he trust his judgement over Zoya's in all matters including Tanveer?

Because Zoya has proven herself to be childish on many instances...

Because HE SEES MORE THAN SHE DOES (Or so he thinks!Ouch):

What does Zoya know about Tannu?

Does she know about her childhood? Does she know the innocent girl who could never stand up for herself- needed either Jammy or Khaala as her back bone...the girl who grew up in misery after she left his house in childhood- ended up with a murderous man who gouged her eyes out in fury, burned up all her hard earned assets and now is after her very own life. 

Does Zoya realise that Tanveer didn't volunteer al this information, in fact, he had to force it out of her, after repeated failed attempts- all the while she wanted to shield him and his family from the pain and horror of her past...

Does Zoya understand a girl like Tannu, who at the first look, seems simply wrong for hiding many things- for a straightforward person like Zoya who runs to him with all her problems, the tragedy behind Tanveer's actions are not visible...and Zoya's judgement IS ALSO CLOUDED BY THE FACT THAT SHE IS JEALOUS OF TANVEER- something which she couldn't hide in all her innocence...

In this case, whose judgement should Asad trust?- HIS OR ZOYA'S?     

Again, I repeat, it is not about Tanveer and Zoya- IT IS ABOUT ASAD AND ZOYA. If Asad accepts Zoya's judgement, it is equivalent to him rejecting all his concepts and BLIND BELIEFS...it is HIS FAITH IN HIMSELF...  and that is why he is constantly resisting Zoya...

Now Tanveer feeds him a story about 'that' night...why is it so easy for Asad to believe that?Is it because he trusts her? No. Again, IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM...She is just telling him that his worst fears came true...something with which he has been battling all his life...that fear of a kamzor, weak moment that made a cheat out of his father...she simply told him that he was a CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK...something he had only been recently convinced against by his own mother- she had promised him that her upbringing would ride over any fears he had...yet, he had failed himself and clearly his mother- DILSHAD HAD JUST CONFIRMED THOSE FEARS WITH HER WORDS..bewafai tumhe virasat mein mili hai...

His fears had come true- his ammi confirmed it, and now, Tanveer just patched up a story to make him believe what he already believed he WAS CAPABLE OF...and Asad DOES NOT QUESTION- He DOES NOT QUESTION HIS FATE- HIS UNCONSCIOUS ACT OF PASSION THAT HE DOES NOT REMEMBER (He himself is a virgin and has no clue how that is supposed to happenWink..)- and he fails to interrogate Tanveer on what could PROVE HIS INNOCENCE- because, in his mind he has already JUDGED HIMSELF- all that is left for him is the penitence and the life long misery of a world without the only woman his heart beats for...it is a punishment he is willing to take.

He is ashamed of his actions, yet he stands tall- with regret in his eyes...and the readiness to take up any sentence...that is Asad Ahmed Khan- He is NOT AFRAID TO FACE THE MUSIC.ClapClapClap

Here is a man trapped in his ego, his fears..Zoya has to set him free from each one of those fears and ego, one by one...

Unknown to him, her judgement is not clouded- SHE KNOWS HE WAS TRAPPED- when she learns to forgive him FOR ALLOWING HIMSELF TO BE TRAPPED- she will turn his guardian angel TO SET HIM FREE.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT LESSON IN LOVE FOR ZOYA and a LESSON IN LIFE for Asad. And along this journey, he will find his name engraved in the very core of her heart- the name he failed to find in the tangled designs of her mehendi...Day Dreaming

Dear reader,

This is purely how I read Asad. I have not had to scramble my brains to cook up some theory and convince myself..this is just how beautifully and clearly Asad has been written, for me.

Thank You for your patient reading..I really hope you can come to terms with this very human, egoistic, blind, hot headed, thick skulled, YET LOVABLE hero...Day Dreaming

Do leave your comments and views...Smile.

(Thank You all of you who commented in my other post - that made me come up with this...I have replied there also)Smile

Edited by chicksoup - 26 June 2013 at 8:21am

The following 71 member(s) liked the above post:

khuhbu2010vjothipriyaUniqueUjjainiReyaPMLuxCalrabiacasaMayaB5sjnprecoupmottaliAsha_Ashajaya2014raishideedeezLinnetSb111fathima85Tv_wale_babujeetegacherryfrasierIPKKND_Pyaar3serialfan40Asya0910Shabana0786Syama_LunaCHAYMA-Su-Niyati_21chibi_deeaAnkahee-AngreziKudi-divyabelleTadibaaazpinkflamingoDevikaRavishksenNpdeepa_vineeta_-Aswini-poorvab-Aimz-baublesprinceegoyalkaussarjamoshi2507sochonaTeja....Prani08.SoHu.rendezvousvin-khaleesi-LuvUAsYagieebraich_galAnjuRishanushreemishraRamlathGitaIyerLivingfreecountingstarz-Ishqbaaaz-youth_showsfanGroverAddictexquisite.neenabinuMystic_nights_-Anku-DreAMisHumptyDumptyrogerrocksshanakyasharan

MisHumptyDumpty IF-Stunnerz
MisHumptyDumpty
MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Die baby die, res again 

Asad sirf mera hai MERA LOL

Just one thing 

Bless this post

but dont forget the  Blushing

Edited by MisHumptyDumpty - 26 June 2013 at 8:34am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

UniqueUjjainiIPKKND_Pyaarfathima85Tv_wale_babuchibi_deea-Aswini-Npdeepabraich_gal.SoHu.-khaleesi-Mystic_nights_-Ishqbaaaz-chicksoup

DevikaRavish IF-Dazzler
DevikaRavish
DevikaRavish

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:27am | IP Logged
That was indeed an awsome post... Good one !! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

Livingfree IF-Sizzlerz
Livingfree
Livingfree

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Thumbs Up Clap for such an objective analysis. 

Beautifully analysed! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ramlathchicksoup

neenabinu IF-Sizzlerz
neenabinu
neenabinu

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Beautifully written...
And yes only Zoya can set him free from this trap that he is stuck in...
Only her support, faith and love will bring back his respect and pride.
chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MisHumptyDumpty

Die baby die, res again 

Asad sirf mera hai MERA LOL

Just one thing 

Bless this post

but dont forget the  Blushing

LOL
I doubt you even read it...the word Asad and I think you go blank and dreamy!LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Tv_wale_babuNpdeepabraich_galLivingfreeMisHumptyDumpty

Mystic_nights_ IF-Sizzlerz
Mystic_nights_
Mystic_nights_

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
awesome post soup
love the analysis

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DevikaRavish

That was indeed an awsome post... Good one !! 

Thank You.

Go to top