India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

What is this fight between? (Page 3)

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:54am | IP Logged
I personally feel that Umaben's character lacks consistency. I don't understand what her motivation is? I really really feel that the writers are missing a trick by not writing a more multi layered character. Supriya Ji is a fabulous actress and its a shame that she is being guided by a script that paints her as an egoistic manipulative MIL. We have many such MIL characters in Indian TV, do we need another one?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

jalkukdi1HopeleslyInLoveOwnMyCitySiestagolpokobitaGuineaNewbiesoapfanGodhuliLogonxAaliya

girlTalks IF-Sizzlerz
girlTalks
girlTalks

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
There is border line difference between option 2 and option 3 .

The  difference between conservative and  traditional is itself debatable.

I guess  they wanted to show the visual demonstration of generation gap  and since it is a  daily show and CC is protagonist (not to forget  very popular)they ended up showing CC as good and UB as bad.

This is totally my POV and also my first response in CC forum, and hence no offence intended.Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SiestaSultan_Of_Swing

Guinea IF-Sizzlerz
Guinea
Guinea

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sabaSpeaks

There is border line difference between option 2 and option 3 .

The  difference between conservative and  traditional is itself debatable.

I guess  they wanted to show the visual demonstration of generation gap  and since it is a  daily show and CC is protagonist (not to forget  very popular)they ended up showing CC as good and UB as bad.

This is totally my POV and also my first response in CC forum, and hence no offence intended.Wink

No offense taken and you have a pt . Would seriously be more fun if UB becomes more of 2 and 3.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SiestaSultan_Of_Swing

GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
if they can pull off showing point 2 and 3.. it will be a real deal... 

UB is now from grayish to almost  black .Dead

CVs should really work hard on their basic story or plot level .. 
golpokobita Goldie
golpokobita
golpokobita

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
You are right. So far it is good vs evil. 

UB is an evil from the beginning. She believes in dowry, suppresses all women in the family, lies frequently .. and what not. With her its not about traditions or conservative lavues, she is justan evil person. And CC, on the other had has got all good qualities of a human being.. So the issues of conservatism or modernism between CC and Umaben hasn't arisen yet. And the clash so far has been between evil UB and good CC.

But the show has all the potentials to bring the clashes between contemporary and conservative as well as modern and traditionals at the forefront. Because, all in all the whole Boraisagar family is conservative and traditional which include Manav too. So, at one point, if the CVs want they can focus on CC's dispute/differences with others including Manav .. because other members are more or less better than UB as human beings but they are different from CC in their lifestyle and thoughts. There she might face obstacles as a modern and contemporary person with her in-laws.

So I would expect CVs not to limit the show between UB and CC's clashes because that would turn it  into a mere fight between good and evil.

Go to top