Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged
1. Good vs Evil

or 

2. conservative vs contemporary

or

3.traditional vs modern

I'd really like the clash of ideologies around point 2 and point 3. At the moment its too much of good vs evil, to me that dilutes Umaben's character. Not many other show explores the clash of other 2 ideologies. 

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07nanisangeeta230811princessep13biancarajdynamosjalkukdi1HopeleslyInLoverdforfunmsleesanayakhushifanMiliigolpokobitaAparameghaRishita.SIholicTheSmurfsSanzforSushpugletSS88showviewerArshig8ayshaomarCDlovejaya100OnepoundChicParud_ForeverGuineabkamberGodhuliLogongirlTalksMesmerizingSanzprincessunara

MesmerizingSanz IF-Sizzlerz
MesmerizingSanz
MesmerizingSanz

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Most of the tactics used by Umben are evil and immature like a typical MIL.
her main ambition is to thrown Chhanchhan out, for that she is crossing limits of immaturity
Modern versus traditional
a few scenes like Chhanchhan coming to the dining table with the sleeping gown,i dont consider it as  modernity but bad manners
a scene where she uses the help of internet to wear saree and cook comes under modernity
the scene of not eating with the male family members also comes under conservativeness
so they have tried to use all but not in complete or proper manner may be when Chhanchhan adjust in the family, she may bring out her ideologies than can see what it is really about 
so for me till now the real  battle going on now is between good and bad

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nanimslee

ayshaomar IF-Rockerz
ayshaomar
ayshaomar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
maybe the bottom two will make its presence as the show settles a little more
it would be good to see that

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nani

Guinea IF-Sizzlerz
Guinea
Guinea

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:42am | IP Logged
 I think its all 3 playing together even now...yes their is good versus evil as UB is shown as a very manipulative person but I also think the modern versus conservative is playing simutaneously ...the borisagar household truely is very conservative and some of the reactions towards Channchann are more to do with that. 

Probably once the 30 days are over , and channchann is accepted in the household , then your pts 2 and 3 will be more prevelent but realistically speaking for general audience , think it will be all 3 together.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

naniddsoapsshowviewer

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:52am | IP Logged
You have raised a valid and interesting point. The show intends to have 2 and 3  as the over arching theme but in the execution and the where the story is right now 1 is being shown more. There were few instances like dowry conversation between UB and Chhanchhan, or small comments of UB when she says wearing palla on head is giving respect to elders that this modern vs. traditional and ideology difference sneak in.

Yet Chhanchhan is new in BS household and getting know the members and their thinking process right now, it will take time for ideology differences and their debates to take center stage. For that Chhanchhan needs to be more established in BS house and be more vocal. I hope the makers don't lose track of that, as you rightly stated, it would be their USP. 

Right now it is more of 1 as UB is consumed by vindictiveness and wants to oust Chhanchhan at any cost. Hurting her son is also not an issue for her.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

naniSiestaddsoapsjaya100Guinea

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:59am | IP Logged

U really wanna know Kripa ???LOL

Ok lemme try and put it across simply Wink

It was supposed to be ur point no 3 and then somehow due to Changes of  tracks it became point no 2 and now due to more over lapping of stuff it's actaully a mixture of 2 and 3 and since there are more distractions to the V/S stuff ...it's looks like it's 1 but actaully it's a mixture of all the three ..

Phew !!!
I hope this helped 

Btw that was sarcastic its actaully cliche 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

naniOwnMyCitygolpokobitaddsoaps..Enchantress..jaya100Guineaprincessunara

OwnMyCity Goldie
OwnMyCity
OwnMyCity

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varma.nishi1

U really wanna know Kripa ???LOL

Ok lemme try and put it across simplyWink

It was supposed to be ur point no 3 and then somehow due to Changes of tracks it became point no 2 and now due to more over lapping of stuff it's actaully a mixture of 2 and 3 and since there are more distractions to the V/S stuff ...it's looks like it's 1 but actaully it's a mixture of all the three ..

Phew !!!
I hope this helped

Btw that was sarcastic its actaully cliche

CC does confuse me hahahaaha...Gd one:))

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naniEcrivain.

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged
This is exactly where the characterization of UB taking a beating Nishi, if they could show her growing dislike of Chhanchhan is because of 2 and 3 rather than focusing on just 1, UB would make more sense. They can keep the Chhanchhan ousting track but explain UB dislike more in terms of clash of ideologies, it would have improved the story more.  UB could then be seen as someone worried about disruption in her family and Chhanchhan being  misfit rather than pure evil.
So, in a sense, I am agreeing with the TM to an extent.

Edited by showviewer - 26 June 2013 at 9:13am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

naniSiestaddsoapsEcrivain.Guinea

Go to top