world n
themselves.

Thank You so much! :)

Glad you liked the chapter.
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: ...Doctor...

Beautiful chapter. I don't know what else to say. For the first time, I saw the other side of the coin, I'm talking about Anjali here. Honestly, I always found it irritating when Anjali prayed to god day and night, cried at the drop of a hat, talked ever so sweetly to everybody, blindly trusted her husband etc. etc. but today when I read this update, I actually smacked myself for not looking at it through her eyes. She did all this for her brother, so that she can bring him up like his mother. And the credit for all this goes to you, Rae. Brilliant work there. 

Arnav and Khushi scene was beautiful. I liked the way these two, in their own way, are understanding each other and mann hi mann mein deciding to sacrifice everything for each other. Now that Arnav has realized that she loves him, I'm sure he's going to do every possible thing to gain her forgiveness. Though I'm still scared about the-fight for her against his own self- part. I hope he'll think and act, rather than the other way round.

I'm glad the quotes are back, they're lovely. And they add an extra essence to the story :) 

@Bold - That. That and what followed in your comment with regard to Anjali's character was exactly what I was aiming at - rethink her character and step beyond the 'silly' surface. I am glad you liked my interpretation of a character the show could have explored so much more of. :)

And about Arnav and Khushi...the last line stands for both of them, no? :)

Thank You so much! :)
AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: napk

Very beautiful Rae... I loved how to explained Anjali's feelings... something that was missed in the show... they always showed why Arnav was more angry but never showed why Anjali was so calm except for some brother-sister interactions... I'm glad you wrote it...

Arnav realized khushi loves him and has forgiven him... but its hard to forgive ones self even though you are forgiven... khushi being khushi had forgiven him already... you write so beautifully...

RT (twitter-@supernapk)

Thank You so much! Glad you are liking the story, characterizations and my writing! :)
AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: shr1234

So beautifully written! For the first time I read about how Anjali was affected by the ordeal she had to face. While we have seen how Di's broken marriage and the suicides changed Arnav, it was simply forgotten that it was Di's marriage first of all. You made me realise what she must have felt by changing from a pampered bride to the abandoned bride, an orphan and the sole anchor and a single parent to her younger brother all in one day! No one could have done it any better than this Rae! You made me see the enormous weight she had been carrying behind those numerous poojas and sometimes all too sweet and clingy behaviour. You put it so simply just by making her stop using swear words.
Also it's a new dawn in ArHi's relation. Arnav wants to change for a better person but he already is. It really takes a courageous and noble man to admit his mistakes and to want to be punished and repent for them. I'm so eager to read how you take this beautiful and delicate tale of ArHi and of course Anjali.
Superb update:)

Thank You so much! I am so glad you are liking the way I am trying to portray characters here, specially of Anjali's cos she is one difficult character to write considering the massive (and in my personal opinion false and ridiculous) amount of hate for her...for me, Anjali was always a character as complex, as mysterious and as central as Arnav and Khushi and I am glad you are liking my interpretation of her. :)

AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: IronButterfly

So Anjali had to give up her youth to take up other relationships which fate had forced her in.
A sister suddenly had to become a mother. Along this maybe many other relations.
She became what he needed. Her own needs took a back seat.

She's swearing after a long time. It's a small crack. It's a sign. 
It's time for her to come out of this second personality she has transformed herself into.

It was beautiful how he shaded her face from the sunlight. That's how he will protect her from all the harsh things in life.
She brings out the best in him.

Their story is simple, really. His khushi is her khushi. Him being sad, makes her sad. And vice versa.

The quote is so beautifully sad...and so much like Arnav's character! Uff! Beautiful selection of poetry, Hina! :)

Thank You so much, not just for reading and commenting but also for being open to my interpretation of Anjali (also Arnav) as they come from my head! :)
AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: Raila1014

Poor Anjali, being robbed of her young adult life to take responsibility of a teenager.  She was not forced by anyone but her conscious made her protect and shield her younger sibling.  In doing so, she was not allowed to grieve for her parents or her broken relationship.  No wonder she jumped at the opportunity to be protected by either Arnav or Shyam.  She is a strong woman though.  She rebuilt her life once for the sake of her brother.  She will do it this time for herself.  Coming to the lovebirds, it was nice to wake up like that as quiet, peaceful moments give one a clear mind to put things in perspective: she realized she does not like to see him worried and he decided he needs to earn her forgiveness.  I don't think he will completely let go of his life.

Thank You so much! I am glad you are liking the story and the characterizations till now! :)

shr1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry, came in between when you are answering everyone.
I endorse your opinion. There is nothing to hate about Anjali and yes she is complex and central to the plot. It's just she is often overlooked owing to the focus on ArHi. May be it's because of her sweet, silly and submissive mask, she is made to ware, she is taken granted for. Really looking forward to the update :)
AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: PixieFlame

Loved this chapter! 

Both Arnav and Anjali's emotions are expressed beautifully! :) 

Thank You! :)
AngelTeen thumbnail
Originally posted by: shr1234

Sorry, came in between when you are answering everyone.

I endorse your opinion. There is nothing to hate about Anjali and yes she is complex and central to the plot. It's just she is often overlooked owing to the focus on ArHi. May be it's because of her sweet, silly and submissive mask, she is made to ware, she is taken granted for. Really looking forward to the update :)

Yes, Anjali's character was often shortchanged so as to focus on ArHi...in fact all of the characters were which was a shame considering how much potential each one of them had had they been explored properly...

Thank You! I hope you like Chapter 20 when it is posted. :)
anonyasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely chapter 19. Read it again. Saving Khushi from herself- like Arnav"s line of thought.