why this step mom treatment?

Amy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
i was wondering why does dance in JDJ mean waltz, hip hop, cha cha cha, tap dance, tango or the like? Is India so lacking in dance forms?  Apart from bollywood dance, the other four was done in fusion.😭
JDJ being an Indian show shouldn't Indian dances be given equal importance if not prominance?
 i hope there will be a week dedicated to Indian dance forms, shudn't we be proud of our heritage?

PS: πŸ€” please don't create this post into a war zone.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guzara_Waqt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am too waiting to see Indian dance forms n I hope we get to see in upcoming episodes.
Viji.Chandran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i would love to see indian dance forms on jhalak...
LeadNitrate thumbnail
The basic idea of jhalak, which is the Indian version of DWTS is to showcase the ballroom forms and contemporary. They however do not follow the rules strictly, no live music, the ballroom forms seem to concentrate more or lifts than on actual footwork, themes make it easy to focus only on strenhts, so yeah technically one could  use more Indian dance forms. But sad thing is, Indian audience prefer more western forms, also among the youth and  25-35 age group, there is a belief Indian dance forms are too slow, to intricate and only devotional. Also most of the choreographers involved are not even trained in Indian forms, hence lack of Indian forms. However if done correctly they can be so impressive, as seen by Tushar Kalia's chhau and Odissi act. Even though Ekta is such a poor dancer, still the act was shining. My best  friend, who has no idea about Indian dances could not talk about anything other than the act.
Amy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LeadNitrate

The basic idea of jhalak, which is the Indian version of DWTS is to showcase the ballroom forms and contemporary. They however do not follow the rules strictly, no live music, the ballroom forms seem to concentrate more or lifts than on actual footwork, themes make it easy to focus only on strenhts, so yeah technically one could  use more Indian dance forms. But sad thing is, Indian audience prefer more western forms, also among the youth and  25-35 age group, there is a belief Indian dance forms are too slow, to intricate and only devotional. Also most of the choreographers involved are not even trained in Indian forms, hence lack of Indian forms. However if done correctly they can be so impressive, as seen by Tushar Kalia's chhau and Odissi act. Even though Ekta is such a poor dancer, still the act was shining. My best  friend, who has no idea about Indian dances could not talk about anything other than the act.

@bold so true.
it seems the choreos except Tushar have not even considered giving indian dances a try, which is really sad. I agree the show is a copy of DWTS, but cud't we add our desi tadka, Indianize the show 😭
wudn't it have been a perfect platform to propogate our dance forms too,  ( i had never heard of chhau before 😳).Tushar's act was spell binding.
i have vague memories of another show, possibly the early season of nach balliye where the couple performed Assamese bamboo dance..
including Indian dances wud be such a refreshing change from the routine lifts, flips  and acrobatics , which is what every couple seemed to be doing😊
miss_dreamy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i would like to see tapori kind of dancing by atleast one pair... it would be nice and different... 
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
I dont understand this contemporary at all:s
faria86 thumbnail
I am not indian but i'm too waiting to see Indian dance forms hope we get to see Indian dance forms in upcoming episodes 
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
awesome post
wud luv to see indian dance forms on jhalak
-anoshka- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Exactly so!! Love your post.

I really want to watch different forms of indian classical dances too...when I see them performing on western nos, they are never perfect. Not single one of them. (Maybe the trained ones are )If they do pick indian dances then the show would be so exotic and will be watched by double viewers, seriously.