Joke? Indian Marriages and Legal System DTWrng pg7 - Page 7

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by vasu_2013

I am sorry, am puzzled - what was insulting in the above post? 

bcs she hv no proper knowledge of indian marriage ACT n also hindu marriage filling...n she written on dos sensitive issues...is shw insult she insulted indian marriage filling n law too...
Originally posted by punirashakti

bcs she hv no proper knowledge of indian marriage ACT n also hindu marriage filling...n she written on dos sensitive issues...is shw insult she insulted indian marriage filling n law too...
What's there that is insulting ?😕
Originally posted by ramkideewani23

What's there that is insulting ?😕

Exactly! I have posted actual excerpts from Indian Marriage law Act and having a discussion abt legalities of divorce and annulment. We are talking abt laws and divorce procedures. Whats insulting abt that? 😕
There was no forceful marriage in this programme. No one was forced to do any thing. Each of them made a decision and gave whatever reasons they did for doing so. The divorce does not show the ending of forced marriages. It simply shows that the institution is being taken lightly. Marriage must be a commitment. This show fails hopelessly in showing that people should commit to their decisions no matter the reason they took that decision.
Originally posted by punirashakti

In Arovi marriage arjun not happy so y he tk his marriage next level...y he not divorce after marriage...1stly y he marry with ovi...y he always beginggg for once chance for continuing marriage with ovi...tell y y y y ???????//////

In punir marriage c onir knw purvi very well...he never tk advantage...he always support purvi each an every bad good circustances...he never complain n demand in punir relationship...he gv space to purvi alltime...also he making friendship with arjun on maturity...n nw also he sacrifize his whole life for purvi n baby pari bcs he knw what is marriage n what is imp of spouses n der happynes...which unfortunately arjun not...

arjun is fail man in love n also marriage too n yes fail also a good human being tooo

Chill out! I realize your perspective is different and you may have missed points...maybe I did as well but fact of the matter is that marriages made out of a deal that is not a mutual goal have very little success of being a happy marriage...it's not just arovi, in general this is true. I actually think that Arjun shd never have agreed to purvis emotional blackmail, yes so he failed his ,arrange from the start. Tho in his defense he felt he made a choice to respect his love because the way purvi played on his emotion. He stayed with the marriage of this promise to purvi and that he would try his best. It just didn't work out. 

And you can challenge me all you like but just like you, my mind is made up! i am not a believer that once 7 pheras are complete that  u r stuck and u r failed person if ur marriage doesn't work. Sometimes it's best for kids and each person involved not to live in misery. The past is now the past and if we learn from mistakes (as I believe the cvs have learned), then lets make amends to better for everyone.

And onir got screwed more than anyone else did..but I hope he gets license back and then also can move on...
Edited by machar13 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by vasu_2013

@Determination, I will not comment on the points you have highlighted as I am not expert on the legal matters but I definitely want to salute you for your politeness in putting forth your points and the considerate tone when you are refuting counter-claims. This is definitely an example to be followed in this forum. So, thank you.👏

Thank you so much for your appreciation.

About being polite while expressing my views, I am of the belief that every person is entitled to his/ her opinion. And as fellow human beings the least we can do is show some consideration for the others' opinion.

A person very close to me (my friend/ my mentor/ my God) taught me -
In life any two people (even a married couple) may have different and even opposite viewpoints. One may not agree with the other. But one should never belittle the other's opinion or show contempt towards the other's ideals, but rather respect his views. 

Besides, I firmly believe that having a different viewpoint proves the one is not a clone of another.

Oh horror! Seems like I've been going on and on. Koi mujhe chup karaao. To borrow the expression of the famous Onir Dutt-
"Oh! God. Yeh ho kya gaya hai mujhe. Main itni philosophy kyun jhaar rahi hoon." (I apologize for my poor Hindi.) Too much unsolicited advice/ gyaan, that too for free.

But jokes apart, I am grateful for your encouragement. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to urge you to express your views (if any) on the legal issues involved, if you want to. Because law, though fair, allows many interpretations and favours anyone who can use the intricacies to suit his/ her purpose. 

So, I would absolutely love to know your views on the annulment issue.
Originally posted by Sakhile

There was no forceful marriage in this programme. No one was forced to do any thing. Each of them made a decision and gave whatever reasons they did for doing so. The divorce does not show the ending of forced marriages. It simply shows that the institution is being taken lightly. Marriage must be a commitment. This show fails hopelessly in showing that people should commit to their decisions no matter the reason they took that decision.

I think we need to make a distinction between choice and free choice here. Yes, the decision  was made but it was made under great duress and not by the application of free will. Purvi did not wake up one fine day and decide to give away her fiance. Neither did Arjun. Ovi used every weapon in her arsenal to achieve her ends. Even a court of law has been known to nullify contracts where it has been duly proved that one party's consent has been obtained by coercion or under duress!  You cannot hold a loaded gun to my mother's head and ask me to make rational decisions. And worse still, except me to suffer the consequences of this decision for the rest of my life.

People make mistakes all the time and they seek to correct them. What if your marriage is a mistake that both of you wish to rectify? Should you stay bound together simply because a hypocritical society would rather you stay unhappily married rather than happily divorced? Is living a farcical life the way to uphold this oh so sacred institution of matrimony?

I completely agree with you that you must take your marriage vows seriously. You cannot up and leave at the first hint of trouble. Marriage requires a lot of effort and compromise. However, when the relationship is based on nothing but compromise, it is sure to be in trouble. Sometimes, it may still survive and other times, it may collapse despite the best intention of both parties.I am glad that Ekta is showing this reality of life rather than protecting Indian marriages!

As far as the law goes,  Purvi and Onir''s marriage needs to be dissolved legally. I am no law expert  but know enough of Hindu law to say that dissolving it is not such a great challenge particularly where both parties are agreed. Be it annulment or divorce, where there is mutual agreement, it is not such a big challenge.  I hope Ekta shows a semblance of a legal procedure at least on this count.
Edited by sharadrocks - 10 years ago
Its a daily soap and we can't consider anything realistic...

You should be happy that Onir is such a nice person and is doing such a great deed in reuniting two love birds who are made for each other. Be happy that Onir is moving forward in his life and accepting the harsh truth  that Purvi doesn't loves him 😉 . 

Whatever I am just waiting for my Arvi to reunite  Then it will be a party time 🥳

I always wanted purvi to b wd Onir only bcoz onir loves her...bt if she wants to romance her ex she can do that after her divorce nd same goes wd Arjun... Cant they wait for getting divorced... Both r married to other person nd still cant stop romancing... Nd then they ask y people doubt there relation...they give every single hint of their desperation... Pathetic relation they have...