Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Are sexual jokes still taboo for women? (Page 2)

McNinja IF-Rockerz
McNinja
McNinja

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peridot.

Brazen?
what do you think comes more naturally- blushng or brazenness?
Could either of it  be a pretense?

Sure, you could call it brazen though I don't agree with that. 

Depends on who you're looking at, for some being timid, blushing is how they are and for others not so much. 

Yes, but then anything can be a pretense no? LOL If I had to put up an act, then I would want to be bold, even if it comes across as impudent to some. 

Anyhow, digressing from the topic so that's that. Sorry TM. LOL

peridot. Senior Member

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Has it really gone away as we all claim, or is it still there? I'm talking about the prejudice that surrounds women comedians or comedy show participants cracking jokes about sex or sensual subjects. Do you think the current Television audience of our country is receptive to women making jokes about sex, or do they react with a squirm and look away? Discuss.

Desi women are prudes. They blush at the mention of the anything relating to sex, even if it's a joke. Not sure when these women will learn to be a bit laid back about one of the most natural parts of life. But I digress...are you asking how desi women/comedians making lewd jokes are received vs. a man making the same jokes, or comedians in general? 

that's great... laid back girls and girls getting laid... all good stuff.LOL

but i dont think women sound classy when they are cracking sex jokes. Call that sexist on my part, but then it's no different than finding women sprouting hair on their chin uglyLOL..Some things just don't look very prettySmile
McNinja IF-Rockerz
McNinja
McNinja

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Desi women are prudes. They blush at the mention of the anything relating to sex, even if it's a joke. Not sure when these women will learn to be a bit laid back about one of the most natural parts of life. But I digress...are you asking how desi women/comedians making lewd jokes are received vs. a man making the same jokes, or comedians in general? 

that's great... laid back girls and girls getting laid... all good stuff.LOL

but i dont think women sound classy when they are cracking sex jokes. Call that sexist on my part, but then it's no different than finding women sprouting hair on their chin uglyLOL..Some things just don't look very prettySmile

Hey Birdie...all the good stuff in life indeed. You know what I'm going in about LOL

Yes, but if I'm going to watch some standup act then I'm not looking at the classy factor..I just want to laugh. Whether its a man or woman doesn't really matter. Sexism is as about appealing as man-boobs. Pardon my lapse in class LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum

hit_homerun Senior Member
hit_homerun
hit_homerun

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged

Has it really gone away as we all claim, or is it still there? I'm talking about the prejudice that surrounds women comedians or comedy show participants cracking jokes about sex or sensual subjects. Do you think the current Television audience of our country is receptive to women making jokes about sex, or do they react with a squirm and look away? Discuss.

I think it's going fine . Take Bharti for example , [comedy circus] , people like her performances , and she hasnt been perpetually honorable in her jest !Wink
DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:42pm | IP Logged

I assume we are talking about India? I am not very knowledgeable on the stand up scene there so, my contribution is limited. Keeping that in mind, the number of women active on (atleast the popular) comedic scene can be counted on the fingertips. Bharti, as someone mentioned earlier, is fairly liberal in her act. But, her acts are mostly sketch comedy. Yes, I have seen innuendo in play with Indian stand up but, only with men. If we imagine a live audience, which is often the case for stand up, (depending on the demographic of the audience) the female comedian can be verbally harassed or her show shut down. Only logical conclusion since rudimentary views, hypersexualization and above all, political parties still exist. 
But, something strange happens on live tv, people are more tolerant. Don't know if it the separation of the performer from the audience that makes her less real for them, less of a threat.

One thing I would like to applaud the Indian comedians for is: not making rape jokes. THANK YOU. Other than that, do whatever the heck you like man.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-krystal_watz

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:49pm | IP Logged

@ Bold: Not all are. Most are not in this day and age.

@Red: This was my question.
BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

Hey Birdie...all the good stuff in life indeed. You know what I'm going in about LOL

Yes, but if I'm going to watch some standup act then I'm not looking at the classy factor..I just want to laugh. Whether its a man or woman doesn't really matter. Sexism is as about appealing as man-boobs. Pardon my lapse in class LOL

LOL no problem if they can make us laugh. But women generally dont strike me as being very funny, not that i particularly care. I mean what kind of guy would want to listen to a punch line delivered wrong when he can be having real fun? Know what i mean?LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-McNinja

Go to top