Is Sonam BACK WITH A BANG with Ranjhanaa ?

Poll

Is Sonam BACK WITH A BANK with Ranjhanaa ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Ranjhanaa is a surprise hit, doing exceptionally well at boxoffice even on weekdays and giving solid takkar to alreay established hits like Fukray and especially the blockbuster Yeh jawani hai deewani.
The most pleasant thing is that besides the hit (and going upward) status of the movie, almost all of the critics have agreed on the fact that NOW Sonam Kapoor really APPEARED in Bollywood as Anil Kapoor's talented daughter and with Ranjhanaa her acting skills took a 180 degree turn for the best.

Every critic has appreciated Sonam's performance and stated that she emerged as a great performer finally, and this movie is a benchmark for her career... besides it is doing exceptionally well at the boxoffice (that too without the presence of any known male co-star)

So do you think with Ranjhanaa, Sonam is finally back with a bang to give solid competition to the top female stars like katrina, deepika, kareena etc ?

Please vote and comment:
(especially if u have watched the movie)

Edited by tanya.91 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she needs a few more good roles and maybe a hit or two before she can be considered any threat to the top actresses
Yeah she's head back to the race but still needs few more hits on her even if it's flowerpot roles

But yes, she was amazing in the film. Saw it twice now. Her role in Political sequence was such a different bit I've seen any heroine portray in recent times
MoodyFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
To some extent, yes she's back. Now all she needs to do is try some different roles & work on her voice & dialogue delivery 😊

EDIT - I don't think she's a threat to any of the top actressesEdited by Paani.Puri - 10 years ago
tanya.91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadhuriDixit

she needs a few more good roles and maybe a hit or two before she can be considered any threat to the top actresses

Ranjhanaa is on its way to be a super-hit across the country...confirmed by all boxoffice sources and her performance is praised by one and all
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Originally posted by: tanya.91

Ranjhanaa is on its way to be a super-hit across the country...confirmed by all boxoffice sources and her performance is praised by one and all

and...? lol. that doesnt mean she's a threat to the top actresses. 
tanya.91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadhuriDixit

and...? lol. that doesnt mean she's a threat to the top actresses. 

and when did I used the sentence that "she is a THREAT TO THE TOP ACTRESSES"  I just stated that she is back with bang, finally started getting her long due from Bollywood and giving solid competition to top stars... its much different then being a THREAT to top actresses... giving competition is something different then to be a threat to someone
Edited by tanya.91 - 10 years ago
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Originally posted by: tanya.91

and when did I used the sentence that "she is a THREAT TO THE TOP ACTRESSES"  I just stated that she is back with bang, finally started getting her long due from Bollywood and giving solid competition to top stars... its much different then being a THREAT to top actresses... giving competition is something different then to be a threat to someone

lol, i never said u did. i said it , to which u replied that ranjhana is a hit or whatever. i didnt quite understand what you're getting at.  giving competition to top stars, threat to top stars = same thing, different wording. i didnt mean shes threatening their lives 
Hunk101 thumbnail
Soonam is back in the game. Hope she keeps improving more.
tanya.91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hunk101

Soonam is back in the game. Hope she keeps improving more.

imo she was decent in Mausam too (despite the movie was a drag in second half)