Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Historical truth to be deduced from Ramayana - Page 2

Sindhu_us thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Liked the post. Ravan need much better treatment in the show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

But he was a female molestor dear. He did it to rambha and tried to do it to. Vedvati and got cursed that a woman would cause his downfall. 

This was shown in both the Ramayanas and is a recorded fact of valmiki ramayan. 

Also the rishi killing and the human hunting in dandakarany  by taraka , khar and dushan was all at his behest

He was knowledgeable but he allowed his mother to poison him and he turned evil

i said he had vices too. yes these were his vices, but they should potray his both side. his loving side was totally gay in the show, i am sorry for using this harsh word and his cruel part is silly. ðŸ˜¡
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Very interesting post!
But one thing... you used Aryans and Non-Aryans. No offence, but the Aryan theory has long been trashed by archaelogists and historians.
But your interpretation is good. And yes, DKDM ppl are making one full new cuisine out of this, leave alone Khichdi and Aviyal!
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Very interesting post!

But one thing... you used Aryans and Non-Aryans. No offence, but the Aryan theory has long been trashed by archaelogists and historians.
But your interpretation is good. And yes, DKDM ppl are making one full new cuisine out of this, leave alone Khichdi and Aviyal!

the theory has not been trashed, in fact it is the most accepted theory among the scholars.  And this very article is not my interpretation, it is a famous article of dr. R.C. Majumdar, a famous historian. It is his research. ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by lucymoni - 10 years ago
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lucymoni

the theory has not been trashed, in fact it is the most accepted theory among the scholars.  And this very article is not my interpretation, it is a famous article of dr. R.C. Majumdar, a famous historian. It is his research. ðŸ˜ƒ

Oh. Then the sources which we both read must be contradictory.

This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Oh. Then the sources which we both read must be contradictory.

which sources did you read?.😊
By far i have seen most of the scholars accepting the theory with their own modifications in it.
and even if we do not accept half of it, by evidences we are still bound to believe that there was an invasion. 
viper833 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

which sources did you read?.😊
By far i have seen most of the scholars accepting the theory with their own modifications in it.
and even if we do not accept half of it, by evidences we are still bound to believe that there was an invasion. 

Aryan Invasion theory has been trashed by the coummuity  I think people currently looking OIT which is more accurate historically speaking.
They found evidence of thorugh carbon dating and looking at Historical sites. The OIT fits. The Aryan Invasion theory was generated by the west to act inferior.

Using  Ramyan as reference.
e
Lord Rama before he left for heavenly abode  he gave Bharat's soon the the farthest kingdom.
Talax and something else i can't  rember right now. Talax is in Western europe. Which started greeks.

This content was originally posted by: viper833

Aryan Invasion theory has been trashed by the coummuity  I think people currently looking OIT which is more accurate historically speaking.
They found evidence of thorugh carbon dating and looking at Historical sites. The OIT fits. The Aryan Invasion theory was generated by the west to act inferior.

Using  Ramyan as reference.
e
Lord Rama before he left for heavenly abode  he gave Bharat's soon the the farthest kingdom.
Talax and something else i can't  rember right now. Talax is in Western europe. Which started greeks.

i myself do not believe in an invasion theory but even if an invasion did happen, it doesn't mean that they were not INDIANS. But we really can't ignore the facts, maybe an invasion did happen though its highly doubtful in my opinion.

About talax, when sumali (ancient ruler of somalia) could be ravana's grandfather than its no big thing.😆
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

It is to be noted, however, that tht elast book of Ramayana, which was probably added at a later date, depicts Rama as having killed a Sudra for daring to perform the Brahmanical sacrifices, and thus betrays the lamentable progress of that institution in the interval.

This story has often come under scanner for what appears to be an rather partisan attitude on Rama's part, but there is an explanation. Please read patiently.

The Vedas were the bedrock of the society at that time. They could be studied, understood, recited and taught only under very strict conditions. They could be learnt only under a Guru, by a brahmachari, who is required to follow all the rules and regulations.

Now, the social ladder was fairly fluid- even in Treta Yuga. There was no blanket ban on Sudras learning or reciting Vedas. Yes, there was a rather parochial attitude that Sudras (and women, even brahmin women) were incapable of reciting Vedas, but- as I said, there was no blanket ban.
All that  a sudra had to do was to find a Guru, convince him of his ability and request to be accepted as his shisya.

But on no account could the Shrutis be learnt by overhearing, eavesdropping or simply by listening. Similarly the Shrutis could not also be recited anywhere and everywhere

What must have irked Lord Rama was Shambhuka's flagrant disregard to the rules governing the narration of Vedas- not just the fact tha Shambhuka was a Shudra.

This content was originally posted by: varaali

This story has often come under scanner for what appears to be an rather partisan attitude on Rama's part, but there is an explanation. Please read patiently.

The Vedas were the bedrock of the society at that time. They could be studied, understood, recited and taught only under very strict conditions. They could be learnt only under a Guru, by a brahmachari, who is required to follow all the rules and regulations.

Now, the social ladder was fairly fluid- even in Treta Yuga. There was no blanket ban on Sudras learning or reciting Vedas. Yes, there was a rather parochial attitude that Sudras (and women, even brahmin women) were incapable of reciting Vedas, but- as I said, there was no blanket ban.
All that  a sudra had to do was to find a Guru, convince him of his ability and request to be accepted as his shisya.

But on no account could the Shrutis be learnt by overhearing, eavesdropping or simply by listening. Similarly the Shrutis could not also be recited anywhere and everywhere

What must have irked Lord Rama was Shambhuka's flagrant disregard to the rules governing the narration of Vedas- not just the fact tha Shambhuka was a Shudra.

yup rama was a great king and there is a reason behind his every deed. nice varalli, south indians are always so intelligent. ðŸ˜ƒ