Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

India-Forums

Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke
Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

GunJeev AT#16: Let the friendships begin!:Mod note pg93 (Page 13)

manchaadi Goldie
manchaadi
manchaadi

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by braich_gal

Originally posted by manchaadi

hello my fellow Gunjeevians!! I'm bored so i thought i'll share a story with you...

anyway...here goes!! it's a true story!!! LOL

As a child, my father would tell us (my sisters and I - and sometimes my cousins if they were around) some made up stories while he fed us. It was the only way they (my parents) could get us to eat. We were quite the rascals as kids. Anyways, the story usually ended when the food on the plate is finished. Of course, we figured that out after a while. So, when the food is almost finishing, we'd say that we were still hungry and my father will go put more food on the plate. And, of course, the story continued until the food is gone again. 

The stories he told most of the times didn't make sense. He'd combine fairy tales or children stories or even modify a particular story to make it more funny (like in Jack and the Beanstalk...he made Jack pull butter with a leash after exchanging the cow for butter) or he'd just make up some ridiculous stories from scratch. One story (the most ridiculous story I've ever heard in my life) in particular, he called Hobias if I'm not mistaken, was our favorite at that time. It was about an old lady who lived near the jungle with her dog. One night, the hobias people, carnivorous men who ate humans and lived deep in the jungle came to the lady's house, killed and chopped her dog into pieces then kidnapped the lady. Later that night, the lady's son comes for a visit, finds the house empty. As he was about to leave, he hears a sound coming from a drawer. He opens the drawer and finds his mother's chopped dog there. Now this is where it turns extremely - for lack of a better word - RIDICULOUS!!! He sews the dog back piece by piece and when he's done, the dog is miraculously alive again. The dog then leads the son (through smell i guess) to his mother who was being lowered down into a big cauldron of boiling water. Of course, then the son gets into a battle with the hobias people, somehow winning the battle by killing them or something and rescues his mother. And then they (the old lady and her dog, and her son) lived happily ever after. Being as dumb as we were at that age, we'd often request my dad to tell this particular story all the time. Of course at the time, we thought it was one of the best stories we ever heard. Now, however, we just shake our heads at how ridiculous the story was and how dumb we were.

LOL

aww.. nice story ranju.. i liked it Smile i am trying to imagine how a father tells story to chote chote children surrounded by food in platesBig smile he must be having his eyes constantly fixed on plates to check whether eating also takes place along with story hearingLOL

LOL
no he had only 1 plate of food...and it's usually chapatti or rice (which he will make into a shape of a cake and cut it when feeding us LOL)...and there were only 3 of us (me and my sisters)...so...we either sat at a table or he sat on a chair...we sat on the floor listening to him...and if my cousins were there..there'll be another adult there as well to feed...LOL trust me...eating does take place...this was one of the things that made us like reading...as we grew older and started eating by ourselves...we usually had a book with us while reading...drove my mom mad all the time...coz we weren't paying attention to what we ate LOL

and...if he was not feeding us...and we wanted to hear a story from him at night time before bed...he'll make us scratch his back...and the story goes on while we scratch his back...and if he falls asleep...we'll nudge him until he's awake again and continue telling the story LOL and if we stop scratching...story ends as well Cry LOL

aww.. cuteHug

wassup? work load hai kya?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

braich_gal

manchaadi Goldie
manchaadi
manchaadi

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
will be back after breakfast ranjuBig smile
HungryTongue

braich_gal

braich_gal IF-Rockerz
braich_gal
braich_gal

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

aww.. cuteHug

hain...getting back to it now...Dead i can't wait for the day I leave this place...planning to leave in December latest..

manchaadi

braich_gal IF-Rockerz
braich_gal
braich_gal

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

will be back after breakfast ranjuBig smile
HungryTongue

enjoy eating!!! Wink

manchaadi

manchaadi Goldie
manchaadi
manchaadi

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged

aww.. cuteHug

hain...getting back to it now...Dead i can't wait for the day I leave this place...planning to leave in December latest..

Leave only after getting another one in hand ok? 

braich_gal

manchaadi Goldie
manchaadi
manchaadi

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Between ranju.. You are very cute in the FB picsBig smile

braich_gal

braich_gal IF-Rockerz
braich_gal
braich_gal

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

aww.. cuteHug

Leave only after getting another one in hand ok? 

that's the plan...but i might just leave anyway even if i don't have anything in hand...as long as i have enough savings to last me for a while

manchaadi

braich_gal IF-Rockerz
braich_gal
braich_gal

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Between ranju.. You are very cute in the FB picsBig smile

Embarrassed 

thank you Blushing Blushing

Go to top