Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed

India-Forums

The three musketeers-Divya, Raj & Sarita 25.6.13 (Page 2)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angie12

Misti,  very nice analysis and really appropriate reading of characters the way they are being depicted so far.  Thanks Angie.I actually liked today's episode as the emphasis was on emotions of three characters and for a change some depth was shown.  Of course, I have given up on ever finding out about the past of these 3 characters. Thats why I am not even asking anymore for the back story.WinkTongue...

I can understand you feeling sorry for Raj because he is played by Divya - the one whom he trusts the most and the one who was his emotional anchor.  I felt sorry for him yesterday in that room scene where he was baffled at Divya's behavior.  On one hand, she encouraged him and gave him hope by coming back in his life and now she is pushing him towards Sarita.  From his lines yesterday, it is clear that he would not have approached Divya if she hadn't come back by herself.  It was not just hurt ego that was stopping him from approaching after she came back to Bhopal.  It was also his way of giving her a space in his decisions.  The way he was behaving with her when he was coming in her space was neediness and also his understanding (maybe illusion too) that Divya and he were going to be the way they were all those years ago.  So he was reliving that perfect past, but now he is getting a reality check.  So I did feel sorry for him today especially the way he was torn looking at that locket.  

However, my sympathy was for Divya even though she is playing with Raj's emotions.  The way she broke down after Raj left because she herself has not been able to move on.  How is it possible for her to move on when she has clung to a hope, that they would be together, for 10 years?  I felt sorry for her the most because this girl did not have time to process any of the stuff that has come her way.  She not only lost her parents at a young age, but also felt guilt of leaving the needy Raj behind.  Probably that ideal that true love will be waiting for her when she finishes her responsibilities kept her going when things must have been tough for her - struggling to establish a career in a new world.  Then she got shattered when she realized that he had actually moved on in his life.  Then when she had just accepted that truth, she is filled with this guilt that her actions made him destroy his life.  Now an emotionally needy desperate woman is looking at her hope that she would make her life whole.  That is a huge responsibility for anybody to take.  So even though this being a serial would not go in the direction, but I am now seeing Waheeda Rehman's character of Khamosi that Misti you mentioned.  She too was considered the strongest person on whom the doctor (Ashok Kumar?) put this huge responsibility without thinking about her own emotions.  That movie started with flashback where Ashok Kumar's character is wrecked with guilt at destroying her life.

So far I was seeing Raj as this fragile person.  Misti, after your description now I see Divya as this person just before a nervous breakdown.  She is not only being pulled from opposite directions by Raj and Sarita.  Then she is getting different forms of guilt both due to Sarita and Raj.  So she is aware that she is doing wrong to Raj, but she feels that Sarita's needs are more important because of how low is Sarita is feeling at the moment.  That's why I feel that she needs Gaurav by her side.

I do feel sorry for Raj too because whatever decision he makes, it won't ever be perfect one for him.  He is carrying too much baggage with him. I cannot see him leaving Sarita and settling with Divya because that life would be filled with guilt at what he has done to Sarita.  So he won't be at peace especially now that Divya has made him aware of Sarita's desperation and suffering.  Probably the best will be that he gives a chance to his relationship with Sarita.  But will he be the same person that he was before?  No... that is not possible.  There will also be guilt that he hurt Divya.  I hope they don't show that his love for Sarita would be same as his love for Divya because that would be not realistic.  People change after such experiences and cannot be same with another person.  But again the question is should people be forced to live with someone if they cannot generate that feeling for another person.  Is Divya doing the right thing in manipulating him to accept Sarita?  Is it not better that both Raj and Sarita set each other free and get healed first before entering into any relationship?

But he did need to hear the bitter truth from Divya's mouth as he has been acting like an ostrich regarding Sarita.  He had seen Sarita making desperate efforts to woo him, but so far he had ignored all that.  Now Divya is forcing him to confront what he wants to ignore.  He does have a responsibility towards Sarita because he did wreck her life (even if she is also culpable to some extent) by his passivity and detachment.

Angie, Raj did need to know the bitter truth..there is no doubt in my mind regarding that. He needed a reality check and his actions did lead to Sarita's condition. Divya is also the only person who can force him to face reality but I would have prefered that this was all done openly. Divya did want to have an open discussion with him and I also feel that it would have been better if she had done that but she got caught up in Sarita's insecurities and now she is wrecking her life so that Sarita gets over her insecurites and jealousy. I also accept that the image that Divya had of Raj and the thought that her love is waiting for her is what most probably helped her survive in Mumbai. She always wanted to get married to Raj and used to ask him regarding when she will be his bride, so her taking care of her family duties was not something that was her first choice but something that she had to do. So after she finished her duties towards her siblings she came back for what she always wanted, a life with her love that is Raj. I would have really loved to know that what exactly happened between her and Raj that made her hide herself and run away to Mumbai?Was it because she thought that she has no choice and that her emotions for Raj will pull her back from doing her duty towards her siblings? But we are not going to get the answer to that question because sadly the makers do not think that it is important. The reason that yesterday I felt more sorry for Raj than Divya is that despite all this Raj does not know that the person whom he trusts the most and idolizes is playing with his emotions. In contrast to this Sarita knew that Raj is in love with someone else and she got married to him. I don't know whether it was her conscious choice or whether she was manipulated by the mad house but the fact is that she knew. Divya also knows what she is getting into. But Raj doesn't know and that is why I was more sorry for him yesterday than the other characters.

Now coming to Raj and Sarita maybe as I have mentioned in my reply to Roshida that he will accept this relationship of his with Sarita as his retribution for what Sarita had to face for 10 years. Maybe he might also accept this relation becuase he will see that this is the only way he can free Divya from the guilt and stop people from blaming her for something that she had no idea about...that she is responsible for the way Raj has treated Sarita. Whether he will change as a consequence of this choice is something that only the makers know if they are thinking of taking this path. He might accept it as a fact of life that he has to deal with everyday...maybe he will also become bitter...maybe he will find other avenues like his plays to fill the emptyness in his life and help him to live life...maybe Sarita will realise that her ways have made her loose empathy and maybe she will change and maybe they will slowly learn to live each other...

Cming to Divya the reason I saw similarity between her and Waheeda Rahma's character in Khamoshi is because both were considered to be very strong characters...but both went against their nature and played with their own emotions. Waheeda Rahman's character was a nurse and she has been trained to take care of psychiatric patients so she should have known what is there for have and should have known the ways to encounter those situations. Divya is an actress so she also should know what she has to face and should know how to handle it...but when emotions get on top of you then it is very difficult to keep a grasp on reality. Here she is not only playing with the emotions of someone whom she loves the most but also she is playing with her emotions...where is the guarantee that those emotions will not make her loose reality. On top of it she is under constant pressure from Raj and Sarita...and she has no help. Anybody can crack in that situation and Divya will need immense will power to keep her sanity.

Edited by misti73 - 26 June 2013 at 4:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Krish.diyaAngie12Neerjaaushasri

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angie12

Finally, coming to Sarita - I feel both sympathy and exasperation for her character.  She does invoke sympathy when she comes to be so desperate to get Raj's love.  She is so much in love with image of Raj that she has in mind that she is willing to go to extreme to get him.  I think you are so right when you wrote that she would be happy to get fan fall on her or have mosquitoes bite her if that would give her attention from Raj.  So she is not able to see that Raj is being torn between his feelings for Divya and guilt for her.  Her self-centeredness makes me lose sympathy for her.  Is Divya her best friend that she would share intimate details about herself and Raj.  Divya has told her that it is not easy for her to let go of love for Raj and instead make him fall for his wife.  Couldn't she have just told Divya that Raj is changing and leave it at that?  She has no empathy for somebody else's pain - Divya, Gaurav or Raj.  Yes, she has suffered, but so has Divya.  I think in her mind she thinks that Divya has got everything - Raj's love and adoration of Raj's family along with fame/wealth and a person like Gaurav.  But she forgets that love was there before Sarita was ever in the picture.  Divya herself has told her that Kamla is only liking her image.  The fame/wealth was all Divya's efforts and cannot be begrudged.  So her lack of awareness about other person's pain makes me  think of her as this person who will do anything (harm herself, let others and herself waste her life) to fulfil her goal.  She does have a right to ask for everything in a marriage.  But that does not mean that one loses empathy for everyone else in the process.  The growth in her character will be her realization that she has become somebody similar to people she herself detests.  Yes to what you have written. Earlier I used to have some sympathy fr her becuase she has endured horrific abuse  but due to some reason I am getting irritated  with her now. Maybe its the lack of empathy in her that is putting me off...its the same reason why I was put off by Raj's behaviour when he was in his own world.

There is another thing that creatives are not probably intending to show.  But it is coming across this way to me.  That is the circle of abuse that is going on this household.  Yes there is a circle of abuse in this family but I don't know whether the makers have any plans to make use of it in their screen in any sensible way. Usually they use all this for melodrama. They are probably depicting Dadi as the nice one who feels for another woman.  A lady who uses vitriolic language on her own DIL cannot be nice and she was using it in the first episode, much before Sarita got married into this family. But she is not coming like that to me at all.  Nor me Kamla calls Sarita the abusive names "Chachundri, Nikkami".  Dadi calls Kamla the abusive name "Haryanvi Phatfati".  Sarita answers back Kamla rudely and Kamla answers back Dadi rudely.  Dadi doesn't like the concept of other woman, but then instead of blaming her son blames Kamla.  Kamla blames Sarita for Raj's misery.  Dadi seemed to take pleasure in tauting Kamla on her inadequacy about keeping Sohan Lal even though she was supposedly sympathizing with her.  Kamla does the same with Sarita.  So the abuse has been going on for generations here.  Just as Sarita is desperate for Raj's love, Kamla is desperate for Sohu's respect.  So even though she wants Divya to be the DIL because of her son and because she has that image of Divya as a perfect bahu, it is also to get respect from Sohu that she is doing this.  So both Sarita and Kamla are willing to use underhanded methods to get husband's love.  Wonder if creatives would ever tackle this issue.That somebody has to break this cycle of abuse.I don't have much expectation and will be pleasantly surprised if they do have any such plans.  Kamla's daughters themselves are pretty messed up characters because of the environment they have been brought up in. Yesterday another thing struck me that is although Sohu has Madam B, he has no intention of informing her about the important developments in the family. For that he will talk to Kamu. I think Kamu also accepts this and although she is sad that she has to share his affections with the other woman but she knows that the other woman will not get the position of a confidant in Sohu's life. Now Sarita is in love with the image of her husband.So will she also accept Divya in Raj's life after she gets the "love" of her husband? I know she had told Divya that even after her death she does not want Divya to marry Raj...but at that point she was scared that Divya also wants Raj. But now she has seen that Divya is putting her before Raj, so will that make her change her decision.  

Acting wise, today it was Rubina for me especially the way she broke down in the room and then when she was trying to hide her pain while smiling.
 Rubina ws good and so were also the other actors.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Misti, again loved reading ur thoughts!

So u felt pity for raj, yeah, the really got into these girls manipulations and his emotions are heywire..But i felt sorry more for divya,. poor thing is torturing herself..and sarita too with her delusional reaction...just shattered her :(
and to answer ur last question, if she actually would spend the the nite with him it will b in the newspaper:" after 10 years of marriage finally IT happened!!"
The scene with the two in bed..there i fel pitty for raj...poor guy,. he was keeping that bed pure for his love and now thar sarita slept on it :((( it just shattered his dreams.

@Angie, Paavni isnt pure anymore...wonder what will b her reaction Wink

Misti, agree, sarita is
getting on my nerves too, what she
feels is obsession and not love..
Abt them three being musketeers...In the book infact there were four of them..so yeah, the fourth musketeers must make his reapearence- Gaurav- and b the suport that divya needs!
Myra,  I forgot that there was a fourth one who was either kicked out or voluntary left out of some disillusionment.  It has been a while since I read that story.

I know I am very sad about Paavni's fate.  She is only partially impure at the moment, but I know what awaits her.  Divya probably will decorate Paavni herself to prepare it for Sarita and Raj eventually.  But I not concerned for Divya.  I am concerned about Paavni.Cry  At this moment,  Paavni is very angry with Divya at this moment. 

Edited by Angie12 - 26 June 2013 at 8:12am

NeerjaaMyra.nelly

Myra.nelly IF-Sizzlerz
Myra.nelly
Myra.nelly

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Angie, yes there were only three at first, Athos, Porthos and Aramis..But d'Artagnan wanted to be one too so after many adventures he was whorty to b a musketeer and king Louis did make him one in the end! so he became the fourth!

Abt Paavni...liked ur theory that shes only partially impure..give one a lil hope Wink LOL

Edited by Myra.nelly - 26 June 2013 at 8:31am

Angie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aasthanup

nice analysis. well said. story is moving on. Raj will be in pain when he will come to know the truth, that his godesses (divya) was playing with his emotions.

Thanks aasthanup. Raj idolises Divya and trusts her, so based on that he should be heartbroken that Divya was playing with his emotions. He might also misunderstand her and think and that he is not important to her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Misti, again loved reading ur thoughts! Thanks Myra.

So u felt pity for raj, yeah, the really got into these girls manipulations and his emotions are heywire..But i felt sorry more for divya,. poor thing is torturing herself..and sarita too with her delusional reaction...just shattered her :( ....Divya is torturing herself but she went into this sitaution with her wyes open...while Raj has no clue regarding what they are doing to him. That is why although I do have sympathy for Divya, for the time being it is Raj for whom I am sorry the most.
and to answer ur last question, if she actually would spend the the nite with him it will b in the newspaper:" after 10 years of marriage finally IT happened!!" May be Zee New will have a segment on it.Wink
The scene with the two in bed..there i fel pitty for raj...poor guy,. he was keeping that bed pure for his love and now thar sarita slept on it :((( it just shattered his dreams. and Angie's dream.Wink

@Angie, Paavni isnt pure anymore...wonder what will b her reaction Wink...poor Paavni         and Angie...maybe Angie can write a consolation letter to Paavni Wink

Misti, agree, sarita is
getting on my nerves too, what she
feels is obsession and not love..Thats how I am also seeing her
Abt them three being musketeers...In the book infact there were four of them..so yeah, the fourth musketeers must make his reapearence- Gaurav- and b the suport that divya needs! Yes...true...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12NeerjaaMyra.nelly

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Priyamvada

wow agree wid all ur POVs
Angie... nice analysis..

Poor Divya.. I feel bad for her n Raj. Despite being in love wid each other for 10 long years.. they are still suffering!
N sarita... she has been living a same dream for 10 years.. all she wants is Raj loving her..
She can't trust divya.. n she dint even say sorry once. she knows how much raj loves divya, she listens to their conversation n still she feels itts love when Raj is touching her n all..

she confuses me so much... i jus wish she reunites these love birds... 

Thanks Priyamvada. For Sarita to unite Raj and Divya she needs to have empathy in her. Most probably due to the horrible treatment she got in the mad house, her bitterness and insecurity has replaced empathy. Sarita is a pretty traditional woman who might have been taught from childhood that one has to love ones husband and take care of him.In return the husband will also love her and take care of her. She has been focussed on this for almost 10 years and hence it is now difficult for her to come out of it and she is adament that she will have it. Otherwise won't these 10 years have been wasted by her? Raj and Divya do love each other but they cannot be with each other until Sarita gets her justice...I am talking on the basis of their characterisation.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ushasri

nice analysis misti and angie Thanks Usha and i feit sad for divya and this saritha is so selfish and thinking only about her and her happiness hurting divya a lot and raj also (in future).Sarita is too deep in her own world to realise that her actions and needs might be hurting others.  dont know where the story is going wheather they decided to unite ravya or sara but after sara unites divya will be broken completely and they should bring gaurav immediately Yes Gaurav is needed but I hope Divya does not immediately mary him...she might need some space.  now pls cv's and if raj know the truth y divya came here he will be broken too that he will be but hopefully knowing Divya he will also guess why she did it

Neerjaaushasri

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index