Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

palaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi Rae

It is difficult to describe exactly what I feel of this piece because it pains me that at the end of it all Arnav and Khushi are not together, I am truely hopeless as throughout the confession I was praying that she didn't go through with the wedding but alas my romanticism does not reflect the reality of life.

The young Khushi had a fairytale romance, but the married woman is living in reality, and so the whole tale is a bittersweet symphony. Bitersweet because Arnav realises his love too late and Khushi misses out on her true love because of that. Also like any classical symphony worth its weight  will depict a rise and fall in emotions, and within a minutes guide you through an emotional journey, sometimes romantic and sometimes turbulant. And this love story has that in abundance.

I'm a sucker for the perfect ending but reality doesn't always hold that and my heart cries at the thought of such pure and innocent love being lost due to the thoughts of what society may say, I look forward to the day when our society stops dictating every facet of our lives, and we live for what makes us happy, not for our neighbous or relatives, but us.

Beautiful story, even if the ending has left a sad mark!

Manreet :)
Edited by manreet_gill - 10 years ago
arshina223 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Another OS from you that left me crying. Seriously you made me cry twice with your OSs.

Arnav never confessed his love for her not even when she begged him to. Why dammit why..??

But the Red peony he send to khushi left her in peace.
Sigh. Beautiful OS dear.
Loved reading it.
anumadduri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Rae such a beautiful and poignant story !!! Made me tear up !!! Guess Arnav realized his love too late . 

But at least she found peace when he gave her the peony . And maybe this was the closure she was looking for to start her life afresh with her husband . 

Simply brilliant :)
Edited by anumadduri - 10 years ago
shr1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oww! Sad smile! It's just poetic, romantic and poignant. Khushi going to Arnav that night asking to reciprocate her love, his hesitant delay, her shaadi, her unintentionally seeking him on Durga Puja and the last peony exactly matching her saari... It made me smile sadly..

Amazing work as always Rae!

__blossom__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg that was beautiful!
Very well written...loved it!
emistry thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That was very nicely written! The heartbreak they must have gone through must have been unbearable,  but they started on a path of healing!! I really like the flower symbolism you used! I learned something new today!!!
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
rae... πŸ˜Š

are the first few lines in bengali??
again loved the memories that khushi has of the past... beautiful descriptions... ⭐️

i couldnt help but giggle at the rudolph description... wow!!!!!!! such a beautifully written convo between arnav and khushi... when he attached the flower to her hair... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

ahhh... the magic words... ☺️ this meeting between them was
πŸ₯Ί

but then the heart breaking words... ( you came on the night of the wedding...) awesomely put.. πŸ‘
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
I have never been a fan of Devdas, Rae. And for me it has always been the story of a spoilt young man and a girl who was left in the lurch as a result. But I have always been a fan of your writing. It has the ability to evoke images of peonies and marigolds when all i can see is boring business jargon in the background.

As always, you write like music, the emotions simmeringly dramatic and yet just the right fragrance to remind one of love and everything that comes with it.

So glad the inspiration to keep writing never runs short.

Cheers
Meera

dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
ARNAV IS A SMUCK HE TOOK DECISION FOR BOTH OF THEM BEAUTIFUL OS HEARTBREAKING YET PERFECTLY WRITTEN NOT  THEY WAY YOU SET THE SCENE AND CREATED THE FEELING BRILLIANT THANKS FOR THE PM
LadyR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Would never have imagined Khushi married but you wrote this so well, their interactions, the flowers

A tragically happy ending, I don't know for whom I cried more, Arnav or Khushi.. .. he still wished her a happy married life...I am glad you did not identify who she married.. exceptional work..