A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
What does it mean to Bollywood? I know Katrina is only one of them but over the past decade a whole bunch of mediocre actors have taken over Bollywood, been accepted & are riding the wave of success. I am sure they have something that the audience appreciate but in all this acting seems to have taken a backseat. Katrina is a good dancer, very pretty but acting wise, she is worse than a lot of the actors that we see on TV these days. Has she really brought down the standards for acting for Bollywood?! Deepika's act in cocktail/YJHD or Sonam's in Ranjhanaa are good but nowhere near award worthy & still they are being considered awesome & probably one of will win a award this year. With all the star kids, miss worlds, has Bollywood taken a beating when it comes to standards??

Just venting out at mediocrity!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
couldnt agree more. they all are so bad that the-less-bad among them is considered as best n praised. n this is not just in terms of acting. songs, script are equally affected. 
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
She is okay as an actress but improving. She is extremely beautiful, media smart, good dancer, hard working and destiny is supporting her. She is successful and with good movies lined up, get acclaim for her acting skills too.
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: realitybites

She is okay as an actress but improving. She is extremely beautiful, media smart, good dancer, hard working and destiny is supporting her. She is successful and with good movies lined up, get acclaim for her acting skills too.

I agree about the looks, dancing, hard work part!! But I don't think she can ever be called a good actress. She really is lucky to have got very good scripts, directors who show her in gr8 light but she can never be memorable to me like Madhuri in mrithyudand or Sridevi in chaalbaaz or Kajol in DDLJ. And I actually like Katrina who seems pretty down to earth & a nice human being but when it comes to acting she really should not be at the top..atleast that is my opinion!
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bollyd

What does it mean to Bollywood? I know Katrina is only one of them but over the past decade a whole bunch of mediocre actors have taken over Bollywood, been accepted & are riding the wave of success. I am sure they have something that the audience appreciate but in all this acting seems to have taken a backseat. Katrina is a good dancer, very pretty but acting wise, she is worse than a lot of the actors that we see on TV these days. Has she really brought down the standards for acting for Bollywood?! Deepika's act in cocktail/YJHD or Sonam's in Ranjhanaa are good but nowhere near award worthy & still they are being considered awesome & probably one of will win a award this year. With all the star kids, miss worlds, has Bollywood taken a beating when it comes to standards??

Just venting out at mediocrity!

Katrina cannot act her acting is worse than all the television actresses

She is only good in item songs

With her being considered numero uno the standard is set to low

Big hits centering more around male characters and female characters kept secondary except Vidya's last 2 films.

pari_roxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The only A list actresses who can actually act are Vidya,PC abd Kareena. Katrina is pretty but she cant act
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
there will be no sridevi or madhuri era PERIOD!
after them i don't think any other actors are worth considering complete actors
but katrina has the charm and people love to see her and she has great script sense and hard working which helped her to gain success and popularity
i also like her but none of the actresses of these days cannot be compared to sri or madz !
Edited by shadesofme - 10 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

ohh no.. please television actresses can act too..
kkusum aka nausheen.. tulsi.. who is actually boring.. but still she is good with expressions
gopi the old one.. cant stand the new gopi..
suhasi.. the girl from uttaran..
drashti.. luvd the nok jhok of geet mann.. 😳

Originally posted by: Quietude

Katrina cannot act her acting is worse than all the television actresses

She is only good in item songs

With her being considered numero uno the standard is set to low

Big hits centering more around male characters and female characters kept secondary except Vidya's last 2 films.

shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^
if they are that good then why don't they try BW 😳
I am pretty sure they are going to be be no1🥱
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
maybe coz they dont have anyone to back hem up..

but they are better actresses..