Love, hate or absurdity? Penny for my thoughts

-Priyaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
WARNING: This is not a post for people who do not have the ability to digest perspectives different from their very own and end up getting mental-emotional diarrhea.

Hi guys, so I've been inactive in IF since almost about more than a year because of time issues but I do visit the forums of the shows I follow from time to time. Usually I don't comment, just a silent reader, again because of the ability to not commit but after reading a few posts on this forum I've decided to speak. This is purely my view and anyone who can comment in a mature and open way is welcome to do so, but if you decide to start a drama it will be nothing but a waste of your time.

So, one thing that really got to me was the amount of hate in this forum. This is a dance reality show guys. Some people are born naturally talented while there are people who have to dedicate time and effort to learn an art form, or even those that are unable to learn certain things. This is not a reason to bash someone. That's like bashing a human being with a mental disorder for having that disorder. One of the main groups hatred comes from is the Shweta vs. Drashti groups. And before I say my view on the matter let me make it clear that yes I am a Drashti fan. I, however, am not biased or obsessed towards one certain celebrity, I have never been and never will be. Now coming to the point, Shweta and Drashti are very well known actors of the industry with huge fan followings and let's not kid ourselves about that. I personally think both ladies are amazingly talented actresses and very beautiful. But I have noticed that in this forum most Drashti fans take jabs at Shweta in any way they can and call her degrading names just because Shweta fans are opposing of Drashti, and same goes for Shweta fans, calling Drashti names. Personally I think both Shweta and Drashti has their strengths, and there is room for improvement for both. And I'v seen posts saying Shweta can't dance, Drashti can't dance etc. etc. which is untrue. Shweta's bollywood number was simply beautiful and the family act was beautifully done and heart touching but she did have some weak acts. Drashti's aerial performance was also breathtaking, and if the bashers would be so kind to notice the name of the dance form before each act maybe their judgments will become just a tiny bit clear. I think Drashti has improved a lot since the first performance and has been trying to do new things. I think it is absurd to hate on such talented actresses just because one or the other is "better." Unless anyone here is a professional dancer or choreographer I believe we do not have the proper skills to determine whether or not anyone can dance or not. 

Also, you can't blame actors or actresses for the channel's promoting strategies. These actors work very hard to entertain us and if you don't like a certain actor/actress then that's totally your opinion but have some respect because they are also human beings who work very hard to get to where they are. 
Edited by -Priyaa- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Priyaa- thumbnail
Coming to the other participants,

Lauren is a beautiful and amazing dancer and I think we all know that. It is however unfair to judge the rest of the participants according to her standards because honestly speaking from an unbiased viewers perspective, she would be the winner of the show without thinking twice. But I do think she isn't being judged as hard as she should be considering her standards and talent.

Shaan has amazed me because I never expected him to be much of a dancer even though he is one of the best singers in my opinion. I love his attitude in the show and that  he always has a smile in his face which seems to light up the screen. 

Ekta in my opinion is beautiful but lacking confidence herself however she has shown a lot of improvement as time progresses and I'm looking forward to watching her. She has the gift of such a talented choreographer and she should use it to her total advantage.

Siddharth as dashing and handsome as he is, I think is one of the weakest participants right now because his body is still very stiff. He's been trying very hard but the stiffness in his body still shows. Lol I guess having a body like that has it's repercussions. 

The kids, do I even need to say anything? Hats-off, they deserve a standing ovation. 

Karan is doing very well and I'd like to see more of him as well, and this week's act was very inventive. 

Aarti, she seems to be doing good too, my personal favorite was Suraj Hua Madham act.
Edited by -Priyaa- - 10 years ago
.reading your post what i feel to do is😭

also , i feel as you are going to be reported to type drashti name"dhrashti" which most of the drashti fans might find offensive ..πŸ˜†

Also , i don't get if people are used to see extreme appreciation of their favorite actors why they can not see them getting criticized one iota because criticism word is not in their dictionary ...πŸ˜†..
Edited by Aji.Suniyo.Ji - 10 years ago
Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed with TM as I also dread to come to the forum nd see such use of Dirty words to bash clebs nd also attacking them on personal level. Where is the practice of constructive critisizm? What worries me is that we also have teenage members who visit these forum! What impression it will create on their young minds nd what impact it will have on them! I have seen IF fans fighting over clebs nd bashing but nothing is murkier than the JDJ6 forum this yearEdited by memyselfndI - 10 years ago
Lol. πŸ€£ Bashing the 'terrible' dance of some celebs =  bashing a mentally retarded human? πŸ€ͺ

You learn new things on IF each day. Good luck with the pep talk. Neither ST has delivered any 'OMG' performances nor a terrible dancer like DD. The former will be evicted soon no matter how hard she tries thanks to the her pathetic choreographer while the latter will make it to the finals and hopefully will be evicted, like KSG then. Let the real talent win.

PS not liking DD doesn't automatically make you a ST fan 
Edited by IloveMyself. - 10 years ago
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it was the Shweta who fans who  mostly started this.  I didnt care much for her before I came to this forum. But I do think her dancing is limited to bollywood.
Ahaha . drashti fans are so naive that they never knew how to even criticize any star as if criticism word did not exist in their dictionary . if i recall well these are only drashti fans who always bashed each star and their fans just to make Drashti way better than them..
-Priyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aji.Suniyo.Ji

.reading your post what i feel to do is😭

also , i feel as you are going to be reported to type drashti name"dhrashti" which most of the drashti fans might find offensive ..πŸ˜†

Also , i don't get if people are used to see extreme appreciation of their favorite actors why they can not see them getting criticized one iota because criticism word is not in their dictionary ...πŸ˜†..

Oops, Thanks for pointing that out.  Im quite embarrassed about my spelling mistake, shame on me for calling myself a fan😳

And honestly, I was also wondering that, if you can adore a celebrity so much and be so much of a loyal fan, why not accept them with their flaws too. And I'm all for criticism as long as it comes in a mature form. 
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Aji.Suniyo.Ji

Ahaha . drashti fans are so naive that they never knew how to even criticize any star as if criticism word did not exist in their dictionary . if i recall well these are only drashti fans who always bashed each star and their fans just to make Drashti way better than them..

i am talking about the bashing on this forum and not anywhere else!!!
-Priyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: memyselfndI

Agreed with TM as I also dread to come to the forum nd see such use of Dirty words to bash clebs nd also attacking them on personal level. Where is the practice of constructive critisizm? What worries me is that we also have teenage members who visit these forum! What impression it will create on their young minds nd what impact it will have on them! I have seen IF fans fighting over clebs nd bashing but nothing is murkier than the JDJ6 forum this year

Lol I'm one of those teenage members, I'm 17 and the things some of these so called adults say and the way in which they behave simply amazes me. And I doubt the phrase constructive criticism exists in this forum.