Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

R.I.P 3I!Do This Lungi Dance!OPKSE#3*STRICTLY IO* (Page 78)

khusi_* IF-Stunnerz
khusi_*
khusi_*

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DrModel

LOL Khushi! As long as I get to watch KKK I care two hoots about what they did! why are you so upset? waise bhi in the end Vasu will be Mohan! They tried to show Mohan w his chavanni and his Megha and RJ! if they had TRPs none of this would have happened! now blame the viewers lol
Ouch..i love MB..how can i see vasuOuchCryCry
ek baar koi confirm news mile mujhe on either site...he is my MB...i will watch againCry
KKK will rock vasu..but mera MBCryCryCry

---
TRPAngry
i will never get this trp drama
how UT n SSK are getting TRP i dont know
S1 had less twists
but S2 has enough twist..y it didnt get trp..i dont know

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

umam

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

People who used to say such disgusting things about certain actor in a show suddenly become admirers of that actor.all because he posted a picture for public consumption.LOL
Friendships survive differences if they did not survive difference of opinion those relationships do not qualify for friendship.Friendships survive fights and arguments.
Whatever they do or say stopped bothering me now.They are too insignificant for me to bother about them.

WORD!
DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Khushi, Vasu is MB season 1 reintroduced; the carefree MB before he met Megha; the MB before he met chavanni; 
Megha cannot suddenly go back 12 years can she?and the new Vasu if he is late 30s; why would he be single? there has to be a connection somewhere; unless they wanna show Megha as being in love with a younger man? unless Megha too will die? 
it HAS to be MB; it HAS TO!!!!
or else the show itself will be a joke

see this, the day someone writes THIS about EOS; that will be the day; I don't see it happening soon despite what the pankhis sayTongue Excerpts (copyright unboxed writers)- 

Why do we connect with a cinematic character, a film, a television series, a poem, a phrase? Is it because we find in them something that was unarticulated in us? A longing? A deep hurt with tangled roots that we cannot pull out? Anger and demons and darkness we are too afraid to face? A sense of vindication we somehow did not  get in real life? A desire that we never saw actualised except in wistful, unfinished dreams? Everytime something connects with us, it completes something, echoes something, answers something, heals something, stirs something.  Kunal Karan Kapoor's Mohan Bhatnagar does almost all of the above in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha

As a critic, I cannot bring myself to laugh at films or plays or television shows that make people laugh or cry or are entertaining in a cleansing way. Critiquing is one thing. Dismissing is another. And always, I ask this, "why did this work?" It is not always about intellect, technique, smarts. Sometimes, what works tickles the surface. Sometimes,  it goes deeper 

Films no longer dug deep. Television was loud, farcical and staged. And yet, a few nights back, as I chatted  with a Facebook friend about Kunal Karan Kapoor, late into the night, I realised that somehow a connect had been made not just with the obvious talent of this unstarry young fellow but what he represents. And what does he represent? That answer is different for every viewer who watches him but what surprises me is that in this age of vacuous, bulked up, pretty cardboard actors on TV, someone actually looked at him and saw Mohan Bhatnagar.

A character that is acquiring cult status steadily in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.  I am stumped that someone saw the actor in him. Hungry for a real part. A character that is not about staged glamour but about deeply felt pain, unspent longing, anger, courage, intense truthfulness and an emotional graph that grows, expands to become more and more not just about Mohan Bhatnagar but about us. He is someone we don't really see in our milieu everyday, if ever

There is something heroic about him even though he looks like a boy- next- door and yet when he faces the camera, you know that no boy- next- door can be as mesmeric. And that brings me to that question. What does he speak to within us? Why are bloggers writing about him and girls writing breathless messages to his videos? And to think that someone saw all this lurking within him even before he had smiled that lazy, unfinished smile into the camera or looked at the woman he loves with eyes that seem to make dialogue redundant!  It is miraculous that someone saw what he would bring to Mohan Bhatnagar even before his gifts had manifested.And when you see the camera linger lovingly on a close up, taking in the carefully mussed hair, the eyes that grow silent and vociferous at will, you know that someone behind that camera knows just how good an actor he is and also that he has the gift of connection, yes, that word again, with those who act with him and also those who watch him.

His biggest gift is his ability to express something as  inexpressible as unalloyed love. The kind.. all of us look for...

Really, who could have imagined someone with such subtle and understated charisma could inspire this kind of response?

His is a very well nuanced character. The flavoured nonchalance in the Hindi dialogue, the casual way he dresses, the stubble to hide how young and vulnerable he really looks, the hair at a careful length to frame his face, the slowly gymmed up frame, the real or fake tattoo on one shoulder, the arrogance with which he talks to his peers and his house help cum buddy and yet the gentleness and sensitivity at the sight of pain and loss be it in the life of a woman he is drawn to or in a lost little girl searching for a father figure or even better a Spider Man who appears at the tug of a bell.

What brings Mohan Bhatnagar to life however are not just these obviously well-thought out details but  his voice that really is as compelling  in its pauses as it is in unrestricted monologues. This boy can deliver a line and I have not seen or heard that happen in television or even in cinema in a long, long time. One of my favourite scenes  is when he is having a long chat with his ex girlfriend on the eve of her engagement with Megha watching on. Once the call is done, he is lost in something searing and painful within. He is knotted up  as if all the pain and hurt she once gave him is revisiting him and he must experience it all' once and for all, before he can move on. Or when he wants to know why Megha won't let him go out of her life. There is longing and self-possession. Restraint and heedlessness. And it is just  a TV series for God's sake and yet he is living each moment like his life depended on it and he is taking us right into the heart of his darkness and his light.

It surprises me just how much I notice when he does his thing. The way he draws his breath, frowns and the writer in me wonders again why he has registered after years of jaded TV watching. My reasons I realise are personal. He reminds me of Samir, the male protagonist of my book. When I envisioned him and wrote his stooping walk, slanting smile, caramel gaze and careless drawls, I had not seen Mr Kapoor and now if by some stroke of luck, the book ever becomes a film, I know who I will be chasing for a script reading. Yes, am smiling at the thought. That said, the series has been invested with thought, care, attention to detail and really good writing. And there is Kunal Karan Kapoor, Mohan Bhatnagar to many of us (and Monu to me and my best friend) who basically proves that magic cannot be predicted and can be found in the unlikeliest of places and people.

Edited by DrModel - 24 July 2013 at 2:03pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Payali09umam-FreeLancer-

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
More from the unboxed writers blog
http://unboxedwriters.com/2013/05/kunal-karan-kapoor-an-actor-triumphs/

the gift of knowing that we have amongst us an actor who can transcend limits imposed upon him and who cannot be stopped from being superlative. And that there is another actor, his co-star, who even in her early twenties has the gravitas and dignity of a world that no longer exists in Indian cinema or television. Sanjay Leela Bhansali should have just whisked these two away for his Saraswatichandra. Maybe then, there would have been a spark of something extraordinary in a lavishly mounted story that is now being wasted on two very ordinary actors.

Only once in a while, you come across an actor who makes you a part of his character's inner universe, who makes you cross the chasm between the real and the imagined and makes you care, weep, laugh, hurt with him as if you were a part of his story and living it with him. Only once in a while, you come across an actor who cares so much about what he does that he won't let even a random moment pass him by, without grabbing it with all his senses and bringing it to life.

Sure, we feel proud that in this space, we predicted many episodic twists ago that here was an actor who had arrived, a star on the cusp of surreal fame that few actors taste in their lives. A fame that cares for them, their journey, their triumphs and milestones and wants nothing more than to see them succeed even more. A fame rooted in goodwill that comes from always being committed to the craft of acting and from being a person who won't manipulate the media or fans to grow bigger. The long-awaited recognition of being the Best Actor in a Lead Role not just vindicates Kunal Karan Kapoor's long trudge into limelight but also something we all need to believe in. That if you do your best..life will one day return the favour and do its best for you.

There is much more to this story, this journey though and here is another prediction. In the years to come, this story will include many stories of triumph, tailor-made roles and the ever expanding trajectory of a man who came with nothing to this industry and gave it his all. The favour is being returned finally. And about time too.

Edited by DrModel - 24 July 2013 at 2:04pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Payali09umam-FreeLancer-

Payali09 IF-Dazzler
Payali09
Payali09

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
The mid day meal scandal has made it's way to the media in my corner of the world. Short story on our national news program. Here's what being reported over here:
* principal has handed herself over to the police after going into hiding overnight
* 23 children aged between 4-12 died
* meal had pesticide in it

No mention of any political/government mismanagement...

Payali09 IF-Dazzler
Payali09
Payali09

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Baby's name is George Alexander Louis. I won on Alexander and Mum won on George. I still wanted James in there somewhere Tongue

And now they've gone to Kate's parents and hopefully everyone will shut up shop and go home now LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-FreeLancer-

Payali09 IF-Dazzler
Payali09
Payali09

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Also current song on repeat in my head and on my playlist is 'Wild' by Jessie J.

I particularly like this section:

'When it gets rough, then the rain starts pouring,
I turn up the heat 'cause the drama ain't important,
Let 'em all talk talk, I'mma just ignore it'

Smile
umam IF-Rockerz
umam
umam

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Sheena Smile thanks for the write ups..After a long time, I read a feedback about serial characters that moved me and I could actually relate to!!

You know yesterday, when I watched the episode, I was actually searching for Megha and MB in the serial. The transition in the track/characters was so sudden, wish the makers had given the viewers some time for acceptance.

Now, I am waiting to see whether I can make the connect to Megha again and whether KKK as Vasu will grow on me Ouch  

Wish wish- that they had not ended MB's character Cry

Edited by umam - 24 July 2013 at 10:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DrModel-FreeLancer-

Go to top