Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

R.I.P 3I!Do This Lungi Dance!OPKSE#3*STRICTLY IO* (Page 108)

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Perhaps its a cultural thing then..I ve always been told that constructive criticism is always meant to make you improve and work harder and get better and is an essential part of training;

the judges are offering constructive criticism, they are not saying anything they should not be or being rude and I think its high time someone goes 

Mohena is a professional and so are Tusshie and Salman so 10 such articles will not change my opinion because I would not expect the choreographers to bash the celebs they work with and are friends with. 

Waise bhi; why bother for the opinion of a few 20 something yr olds -- there are many others to vote BLINDLY and they will continue doing so

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-FreeLancer-

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
I don't think it is got to do with cultural differences.It is more to do with one's own ego.
Experience in life teaches that there are some things which are more worthy than our ego.In our case it is somebody's life which is so much more important than our egos.

I have ego but I have learnt to put it aside when it matters.

My ego can't take criticism but sooner or later when once brain starts functioning you know they are right.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DrModelumam-FreeLancer-

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 1:48am | IP Logged
I feel somewhere it may have to do with cultural differences because the attending counterparts from India who are friends with my uncle who is a doctor in India seem to have a bigger ego than many of the attendings/consultants I have met in the US and/or the UK and/or South Africa

I have always taken constructive criticism to do with my work in a positive manner because I know it inevitably helps ME enhance and improve MY practice

Its not that i don't cry, yes I do BUT in the privacy of my house NOT at work which is why DD breaking things in her make-up room is fine because it is not in full public view BUT making statements like rigged show, i am sick--I have rotations I dislike and co-workers I would never be friends with BUT i work with them without tantrums or without calling in sick because that is what being professional is all about. Its all to do with work ethic and how you react and what you say in public and what you do not. 

that is why when Ravi cried on NB5 after Sajid and Terence gave him constructive criticism I was quite taken aback; Ravi is a baby compared toShaan 29 vs 40 and 2 show old tv actor versus renown singer; but even then Terence did not say anything bad; and even now the Big 3 didn't say anything wrong

People need to get off their high horses

Edited by DrModel - 04 August 2013 at 1:55am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aparnauma-FreeLancer-

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 2:16am | IP Logged
I agree with you there.Senior consultants do have a lot of ego here and some of them are downright pompous even.They refuse to reconsider their opinions about cases.

At least in my hospital most of them do know how to put their inflated egos aside when it comes to work and work as a team.May be because my medical college hospital's origins are bit different from the other hospitals and medical colleges in India.It was started by an American nearly a hundred years back and the tradition has been maintained.You put ego aside and fit in with the team or take the high way is the motto.People who cannot put aside their egos do find it difficult to work with us.

It is not about egos it is about a person's inability to see beyond his/her ego.
Even today if any of my clinicians ask me to reconsider my opinion on particular case I stil get that feeling how they can suspect my diagnosis but I still review my case and if necessary reconsider my opinion.Simply because a patient's life is so much bigger than my ego.

DrModelumam-FreeLancer-

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Yes, Appy we would reconsider and juniors would work harder to improve and here there are lives at stake; so imagine if we can reconsider why can't entertainers reconsider? they are not perfect far from it; even the great stalwarts are not perfect and are criticised most of the time

Would Shaan even have read reviews where they say so and so acted well and so and so was bad; there are no reviews for songs maybe ..I dunno

I am sure DD has faced criticism before and so has EOS; but seriously there is nothing wrong in saying I need a day off with SENSE but saying I won't rehearse; its rigged anyways; make excuses for me is not acceptable behaviour. The choreographers WILL off course in a  professional manner defend their contestants because they are professional. Not everyone is Sonia who will bash Remo for HER own inability to bring out Sid's best

umam-FreeLancer-aparnauma

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 3:25am | IP Logged
I am very disappointed in SID. where was the guy who took all insults and criticism in stride?
There is another guy karan mehra who was in NB. I always thought of him as attention seeker dramebaaz because of how he publicly proposed his GF on red carpet  but my opinion totally changed during NB. He was so down to earth,no excuses, no airs, completely forthcoming and accepting of his mistakes, and not once saying something that can put him or his channel at a spot. Even when judges were a bit harsh but added that maybe its the workload of shooting and dance, he accepted his mistake and said it was not a excuse for a poor performance and he would try better. I was hoping sid would not pull channel ka beta or show rigged stuff, He was working hard too. Then this comment of his, I am not sure what to believe anymore

Edited by LeadNitrate - 04 August 2013 at 4:00am

DrModel

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Not everyone can be KM; people may say his show is cliched; but its retained its position for 5 years too. 
Even Hina Khan has sense; she did not say she is too young to play mom

KM, Hina, KkK, AS  these people are sensible

my issue isnt with being drunk; if he gets drunk I don't care; he was drunk at the holi party. My issue is with putting his channel in a spot, my issue is with the work ethic and then expecting the choreographer to defend him because she is expected to be professional and so are Salman and Tusshie; my issue is with not saying I need a holiday but saying I don't need to rehearse lie about my back. These are my issues. 

Alas not everyone is made out of the same mould

LeadNitrate

-FreeLancer- IF-Stunnerz
-FreeLancer-
-FreeLancer-

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Il look for clues in his performance tonite...Geek...it will be on his face if he begrudges the judges and the show for being rigged...I have loved whatever I saw of the guy in JDJ in terms of conducting himself...it may just be a weak moment outside JDJ...Ouch he dint clarify on twitter, it just makes me believe that something did happen but that was just a weak moment which mayb shouldnt have come out...neway as I said...my love for SS has taken a back seat anyway due to all thisOuch

Coming to taking criticism, I have cried end number of times in front of my ex senior...to the extent that she started thinking that I am a delicate darling who cant handle work pressure...the transition was damn tough from a college going kid to being a part of the constant stress and cut throat competition in the corporate world...and we have had STs and fights and what not...and today we are the best buddies, on back slapping terms...she was almost like my mother at my ex-workplace and when I look back today, I feel grateful to her for training me the way she did...she made me strong, even though I might have cursed her in my mind end number of times...

In my case, it was about maturity...about becoming strong and not behaving like a cry baby all the time...I feel today I am much more level headed, even though I too have a huge ego, atleast I will try to think once before reacting...unless something is constantly thrown on my face...then its a different story altogether

Go to top