Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks TM, interesting and thought provoking posts! I always love the posts that elicit a variety of opinions, and in this case diametrically opposed ones...like mine! πŸ˜‰

It's true that I do not understand Hindi,so my info relies heavily on Neelu's LU/WU, bless her heart! πŸ‘πŸΌ   So I tend to pay closer attention to the facial expressions and actions of the characters, but I know that still a lot is lost in translation! πŸ˜‰  Nevertheless, I really didn't think that what Nanhi did today was so objectionable as most seem to believe. I saw the justifications in all the characters today: Mohan ,Megha ,Nanhi ...even Beera! Please remember,we the viewers see and know everything,but the characters do not! And so can only act from their own perspective. 

Mohan was absolutely justified in trying to put a halt to the wedding proceedings, bearing in mind the info Addu just disclosed, coupled with his own doubts and   suspicions. He acted as any loving responsible father would, brave and fearless, throwing societal norms and expectations into the wind. He put his daughters interest first,before the reputation of his family! πŸ‘ Well done! 

Megha, the same.she pointed out the empty sindoor to Mohan, confirming his worst fears and triggering his decision to stop the wedding at all costs! 
Megha also cautioned  Nanhi that Mohan's decisions were always based on love and care for her welfare,and to listen and take heed of his very valid concerns re Beera. Again the right decision here! πŸ‘

Now to Nanhi!  She has had a very tumultuous relationship with Beera prior to falling in love with him. She has doubted him on many occasions before but he has always pulled through. In protecting her, in revealing all the lies told in Jhansi, playing an integral role in returning "Addu" to her family, helping "Addu" adjust to his new home etc.  She made a promise to Beera to trust him no matter what, and deep down she knows that he loves her very much! Yet she may know that Beera is conflicted between his loyalties: blood vs love! But she too is conflicted: between Mohan's sudden revelation re Beera's evil intentions all along and the intense love for her that she knows exists deep within Beera's troubled heart!  She looks deep within the eyes of both these men ,Mohan and Beera, and what she sees is clear as day: love!  She asks Mohan to trust her instincts,reminding him of his own previous battles with proving his love. 
Remember when Megha chose to defy Papaji 's insistence that she desert Mohan? And she had good reason to at that time, all things considered.πŸ˜‰ Any parent would have asked the same. Yet Megha believed in Mohan's love and trusted that he would make things right . And he did! πŸ‘

Nanhi is not the first girl who tries to convince her concerned parents that her choice is the right one, to smooth over their objections, to allay their fears . And she wont be the last!!πŸ˜‰ I'm sure we all know of such instances, sons and daughters, who insist on making their own choices despite the most vigorous of parental objections!  Sometimes the parents are proven right, but sometimes so are the young lovers! πŸ˜‰  The test of time alone will tell.

Nanhi did the same today! She demonstrated her love for her parents, but also her love for Beera! And love my dear friends is a very powerful emotion between a man and a woman! Yes,love can be blind!! πŸ˜†
She looked straight into Beera's eyes and heart and threw down the gauntlet! IMO,she was tempting him! She was testing his resolve! 

"No matter what your intentions may have been up to this point, I am overriding my parents wishes, because I love you with all my heart mind and strength! Because I trust and believe that you love me just as much ,if not more!  Now,it's all up to you! what will you do?"

Nanhi just followed her heart, and so did Beera, at that moment! πŸ‘  Her love for him,so palpable and so vulnerable , yet so brave in front of all these people overwhelmed him. And he seemed to be almost in a trance,he couldn't resist this love of Nanhi's! So true and so pure! She was laying her life and her future out for him, and he couldn't say no. 

Now, was she justified? I would say yes. But was she right or wrong? That remains to be seen! πŸ˜‰ Only time will tell.  The thing is even if Beera still decides to exact revenge, and a separation ensues, then once the truth re Dadaji is revealed, he'll be devastated and try his utmost to reconcile. Either way ,we all know they'll live happily ever after in the end! Right??!! πŸ˜‰

rakhi_u thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I thought the way Navika went about doing what she did was not right and infact quite outrageous. She after explaining her logic to Mohan shld have sought his and Megha's approval or at least waited for their response. She just didn't bother. She gave her monologue, didn't try to elicit a response from Mohan or wait for his answer and just went abt the pheras unilaterally. In doing so she showed disrespect to both Mohan and Megha. As a well brought up, much loved kid, I personally think she shld not have behaved in the manner in which she did. It looked as if she didn't care what Mohan thought or believed. In the face of what she did and how she did, her using various platitudes for mohan rang hollow and seemed to hv been said just for the sake of it. If she believed in what she said abt Mohan she wld have respected and trusted his opinion and not trashed it. Yes kids defy parents and marry for love but the way she publically disregarded what Mohan said, what Megha cautioned and didn't wait for their responses to her views and went ahead with the marriage was just indigestible for me and acc to me not in sync with Nanhi's original characterization 
sfdiva23 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think that Nani does trust Mohan but she has to put her love for Beera first.  She isn't dissing Mohan her Spiderman, but saying that she believes in Beera's love for her and is willing to put it to the test just like Mohan and Megha did.

Beera because of her faith followed through with the wedding ceremony, her faith and belief in him made him look beyond revenge and to his deeper feelings for Nani.  He loved her but felt betrayed by her and wanted to pay her back for his and Dadaji';s  humiliation, but the faith and belief in him wouldn't allow him to let her down and perhaps he recognized that was more important then the revenge factor.   At least I hope so.  

I know there will be more twists and turns. 

Kudos to the writing team and director as well the actors.

Brilliant acting by Mohan(Kunal), Nani, Megha and Beera.  Siddarth(Beera) didn't say much but portrayed all his emotions through his eyes and expression.  

This was in the list of best episodes definitely.
sfdiva23 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Really well said Leesan!
I think you captured the feelings of Nani  and why she made the decision she did.

Originally posted by: Leesan

Thanks TM, interesting and thought provoking posts! I always love the posts that elicit a variety of opinions, and in this case diametrically opposed ones...like mine! πŸ˜‰

It's true that I do not understand Hindi,so my info relies heavily on Neelu's LU/WU, bless her heart! πŸ‘πŸΌ   So I tend to pay closer attention to the facial expressions and actions of the characters, but I know that still a lot is lost in translation! πŸ˜‰  Nevertheless, I really didn't think that what Nanhi did today was so objectionable as most seem to believe. I saw the justifications in all the characters today: Mohan ,Megha ,Nanhi ...even Beera! Please remember,we the viewers see and know everything,but the characters do not! And so can only act from their own perspective. 

Mohan was absolutely justified in trying to put a halt to the wedding proceedings, bearing in mind the info Addu just disclosed, coupled with his own doubts and   suspicions. He acted as any loving responsible father would, brave and fearless, throwing societal norms and expectations into the wind. He put his daughters interest first,before the reputation of his family! πŸ‘ Well done! 

Megha, the same.she pointed out the empty sindoor to Mohan, confirming his worst fears and triggering his decision to stop the wedding at all costs! 
Megha also cautioned  Nanhi that Mohan's decisions were always based on love and care for her welfare,and to listen and take heed of his very valid concerns re Beera. Again the right decision here! πŸ‘

Now to Nanhi!  She has had a very tumultuous relationship with Beera prior to falling in love with him. She has doubted him on many occasions before but he has always pulled through. In protecting her, in revealing all the lies told in Jhansi, playing an integral role in returning "Addu" to her family, helping "Addu" adjust to his new home etc.  She made a promise to Beera to trust him no matter what, and deep down she knows that he loves her very much! Yet she may know that Beera is conflicted between his loyalties: blood vs love! But she too is conflicted: between Mohan's sudden revelation re Beera's evil intentions all along and the intense love for her that she knows exists deep within Beera's troubled heart!  She looks deep within the eyes of both these men ,Mohan and Beera, and what she sees is clear as day: love!  She asks Mohan to trust her instincts,reminding him of his own previous battles with proving his love. 
Remember when Megha chose to defy Papaji 's insistence that she desert Mohan? And she had good reason to at that time, all things considered.πŸ˜‰ Any parent would have asked the same. Yet Megha believed in Mohan's love and trusted that he would make things right . And he did! πŸ‘

Nanhi is not the first girl who tries to convince her concerned parents that her choice is the right one, to smooth over their objections, to allay their fears . And she wont be the last!!πŸ˜‰ I'm sure we all know of such instances, sons and daughters, who insist on making their own choices despite the most vigorous of parental objections!  Sometimes the parents are proven right, but sometimes so are the young lovers! πŸ˜‰  The test of time alone will tell.

Nanhi did the same today! She demonstrated her love for her parents, but also her love for Beera! And love my dear friends is a very powerful emotion between a man and a woman! Yes,love can be blind!! πŸ˜†
She looked straight into Beera's eyes and heart and threw down the gauntlet! IMO,she was tempting him! She was testing his resolve! 

"No matter what your intentions may have been up to this point, I am overriding my parents wishes, because I love you with all my heart mind and strength! Because I trust and believe that you love me just as much ,if not more!  Now,it's all up to you! what will you do?"

Nanhi just followed her heart, and so did Beera, at that moment! πŸ‘  Her love for him,so palpable and so vulnerable , yet so brave in front of all these people overwhelmed him. And he seemed to be almost in a trance,he couldn't resist this love of Nanhi's! So true and so pure! She was laying her life and her future out for him, and he couldn't say no. 

Now, was she justified? I would say yes. But was she right or wrong? That remains to be seen! πŸ˜‰ Only time will tell.  The thing is even if Beera still decides to exact revenge, and a separation ensues, then once the truth re Dadaji is revealed, he'll be devastated and try his utmost to reconcile. Either way ,we all know they'll live happily ever after in the end! Right??!! πŸ˜‰

Leesan thumbnail
Originally posted by: sfdiva23

I think that Nani does trust Mohan but she has to put her love for Beera first.  She isn't dissing Mohan her Spiderman, but saying that she believes in Beera's love for her and is willing to put it to the test just like Mohan and Megha did.

Beera because of her faith followed through with the wedding ceremony, her faith and belief in him made him look beyond revenge and to his deeper feelings for Nani.  He loved her but felt betrayed by her and wanted to pay her back for his and Dadaji';s  humiliation, but the faith and belief in him wouldn't allow him to let her down and perhaps he recognized that was more important then the revenge factor.   At least I hope so.  

I know there will be more twists and turns. 

Kudos to the writing team and director as well the actors.

Brilliant acting by Mohan(Kunal), Nani, Megha and Beera.  Siddarth(Beera) didn't say much but portrayed all his emotions through his eyes and expression.  

This was in the list of best episodes definitely.

Really well said Leesan!
I think you captured the feelings of Nani  and why she made the decision she did.

Thank you sfdiva! πŸ˜Š  Well,I tried! πŸ˜‰   And so did you, good post!  I think you captured Beera's mixed emotions very well! πŸ‘πŸΌ   And I hope so too! Though I'm not holding my breath!  My limited soapy experiences tell me that more dramatic Nara twists and turns are to follow! πŸ˜‰   And we all know what usually follows a Telly marriage...yep,...the S word! ( separation!!!πŸ˜†).  So hold tight ,there's more to come!  πŸ˜›

naina2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: abpr

Sorry, but there were sooo many posts about how nanhi went against spiderman ( honestly, even I was afraid before today's episode that there would be bad vibes between them and I am a big fan of thagrpiderman- chavvani bond ) But No, she didn't say anything bad against him.  just went ahead to marry her love and remember, she kept saying she knows Beera loves her deep down and would  not hurt her because that IS true. Despite all that revenge drama, dadda himself said B has a big heart, and somehow nanhi was the only one who could see that love I guess. ( come on, it's Tv world and it's looove after allπŸ˜‰ )

Hopefully I am right about Beera😳

Dear somehow i am not  able to agree with you today. I am not supporting Chwanni. Not all examples are taken for every situation and compare it. What Chawanni did today is incorrect. She has contradicted her own statement today. She says she would have not married if Mohan said not to marry Beera without any clause. But when Mohan her own spiderman has given enough explanation for why he is not letting the marriage happen, she questions him and asks him to ulta trust her decision. Who is she to ask that in first place when she knows Spiderman cannot do anything wrong for her. 

I can clearly say, she did a big mistake today. Even she went against her Mother and Father both only just becoz she wants to copy Spiderman, what stupidity is this. πŸ˜‘

What does she think, if she loves Spiderman, she just does everything blindly and copy Spiderman even the opp person is not worthy enough and just becoz she has faith in her love, how can the opp person also feel the same like her. Is it not forcing or emotionally pressurizing other person becoz of your blind feelings for him or her. 

This logic is not correct and utter flop. Nanhi will have to face hardships for sure. 
..geeth.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Wowww  Nice post Lee πŸ˜³ Quite enlightening as well πŸ˜³ and @ red not time but cvs will tell. πŸ˜† And ofcouse we could very well see S,R scenes coming.. I mean separation and reunion. πŸ˜³ Edited by geethu07 - 10 years ago
Leesan thumbnail
By Geethu: "Wowww  Nice post Lee πŸ˜³ Quite enlightening as well πŸ˜³ and @ red not time but cvs will tell. πŸ˜† And ofcouse we could very well see S,R scenes coming.. I mean separation and reunion. πŸ˜³ "

Leesan: thanks Geethu!  You're so right! Time translates into CVs here ! πŸ˜‰   Lol! Yep,seems very likely we're  in for some S&R scenes at last!  They're sure to follow the wedding scenes,right? πŸ˜†

rajbijz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hello Lee,

i will make sure ven I respond to you nothing is in Hindi.

But I am still disappointed -

the Nanhi from ss1 was understanding, smart, intelligent, mature, cld read eyes, sensible. feel something is wrong in the miniscule of things . Here i am unable to grasp what she is seeing in his hollow eyes. They are hollow -there is no love in his eyes.

Yes, children do go against their parents. She says she trusts Mohan, then atleast she cld have demanded an explanation from Beera instead of telling her side of the story. Mohan is not a fool to stop the proceeding mid-way. She didnt even seek permission to continue. Seemed ot me that it didnt matter toh her whether her parents were there or not - cause she desperately wanted to marry Beera.

What Megha said was right - but again she was not that fiesty Megha - she sided with Mohan  -good - thank you - but as a mother she should have taken a more active step in trying to tell her daughter - to not go ahead with the wedding & also demand from Beera what is going on . If not her , then she cld have told Navika to demand. alternatively they cld have postponed the wedding. Isnt that possible? But all she did was cry.

I feel they killed Navika's character

Edited by rajbijz - 10 years ago
rajbijz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rakhi_u

I thought the way Navika went about doing what she did was not right and infact quite outrageous. She after explaining her logic to Mohan shld have sought his and Megha's approval or at least waited for their response. She just didn't bother. She gave her monologue, didn't try to elicit a response from Mohan or wait for his answer and just went abt the pheras unilaterally. In doing so she showed disrespect to both Mohan and Megha. As a well brought up, much loved kid, I personally think she shld not have behaved in the manner in which she did. It looked as if she didn't care what Mohan thought or believed. In the face of what she did and how she did, her using various platitudes for mohan rang hollow and seemed to hv been said just for the sake of it. If she believed in what she said abt Mohan she wld have respected and trusted his opinion and not trashed it. Yes kids defy parents and marry for love but the way she publically disregarded what Mohan said, what Megha cautioned and didn't wait for their responses to her views and went ahead with the marriage was just indigestible for me and acc to me not in sync with Nanhi's original characterization 

yes rakhi u r right - children defy their parents - but not digestible ven it comes to nanhi who was never like this.