Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 25th June 13 (Page 6)

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
@smrth, Shana, 

Here's my POV on the aryan sanaskriti discussion you were having

Was dying to share my views and extend the discussion, but network and work bothConfused

Sanskriti is not something static with a fixed definition and rules, so in the name of snskriti anything goes. 

A story writer often may take a populist view, for wider acceptability. 

I think with due respect to GMT, he had a story to sell, so he could push only so many boundaries. 

Most times, even today, mass ideas of mortality are passed on as Sanskar or sanskriti, just because they will find wide acceptance, and the truly liberal ideas will be stone walled. 

This is what happened in the book probably.

And this is what also happened in the movie, Bollywood then was at its most conservative. 

Widow remarriage, breaking away from a bad marriage were simply not done, greatness came from suffering and self denial, husband was god, and so makers of the movie too found the ending confirming to current Bollywood formula. 

After today's epi, I have come to the conclusion that this bunch of story writers is anyway stupid, so talking of sanskars and sanskriti for this show is pointless. 

First let them get the A B C of storytelling right.

Why did they pick an epic like Saraswatichandra? They should have made a saas bahu serial and spared us the agony of seeing a great story butchered 

Go to top