Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 25th June 13 (Page 4)

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

While keeping in mind the sensibilities of today, the story belongs to the writers, and we must not demand that it be written a certain way! That is my POV. 

Today's only Arshi? I'd really like to discuss that of 'those days' with someone who can throw some lightConfused...one hope, even if foolish or unrealistic, would like to come across someone knowledgable, who puts some sense on why this sham of an ending was 'accepted' as something erudite or refined even in those days!? For all built up went so ballistically wrong that even author himself had not dared to show the 'other' pair 'truly married'.Dead Despite his brilliance, and all his brilliance archly contorted to make way for only one concept that he held precious; A handicapped view- that of a rigid, convoluted and a faulty 'Arya Sanskriti' concept that went disarrayed over a repulsive regressiveness. 'Repulsive', for objection was not only about remarriage of a widow (a bad pretext in itself), it has a more regressive chauvinistic hint that I'd not like to even discuss at this stage...some other time, if I last...Dead

Edit add; One clarification; I am referring to author's take of arya sanskriti as 'faulty'...and not referring to Arya Sanskriti itself. For it does give lots of freedom to both the sexes as per my understanding. But let us wait here till it tackles the point...

Edited by smrth - 25 June 2013 at 1:56pm

ShanUlas IF-Sizzlerz
ShanUlas
ShanUlas

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smrth

Today's only Arshi? I'd really like to discuss that of 'those days' with someone who can throw some lightConfused...one hope, even if foolish or unrealistic, would like to come across someone knowledgable, who puts some sense on why this sham of an ending was 'accepted' as something erudite or refined even in those days!? For all built up went so ballistically wrong that even author himself had not dared to show the 'other' pair 'truly married'.Dead Despite his brilliance, and all his brilliance archly contorted to make way for only one concept that he held precious; A handicapped view- that of a rigid, convoluted and a faulty 'Arya Sanskriti' concept that went disarrayed over a repulsive regressiveness. 'Repulsive', for objection was not only about remarriage of a widow (a bad pretext in itself), it has a more regressive chauvinistic hint that I'd not like to even discuss at this stage...some other time, if I last...Dead 

cant understand the reference as i have not read the novel ...but then did see the film and thier what surprised me most were the dailogue of kumud where she said ...she was a woman who need to follow arya sanskriti ...be true to husband ...and when widowed never get married  as its against arya sanskriti...Dead

never knew arya sanskriti ever said no widow marriage...infact arya sanskriti gave most independence to woman just the present day europe...i hated the film for its male chauvinistic approach and the films

people need to know what is arya sanskriti before writing about it...i blame even the writer for his ignorance...if swami dayananda would have had read his book he would have surely taken the writer ny neckLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smrth

psam4 Senior Member
psam4
psam4

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
arshiji nice shayari. did not watch the episode.i think it is good episode after reading your cb.

Arshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shana0127

cant understand the reference as i have not read the novel ...but then did see the film and thier what surprised me most were the dailogue of kumud where she said ...she was a woman who need to follow arya sanskriti ...be true to husband ...and when widowed never get married  as its against arya sanskriti...Dead

never knew arya sanskriti ever said no widow marriage...infact arya sanskriti gave most independence to woman just the present day europe...i hated the film for its male chauvinistic approach and the films

people need to know what is arya sanskriti before writing about it...i blame even the writer for his ignorance...if swami dayananda would have had read his book he would have surely taken the writer ny neckLOL

And I have not seen the movie...so film too had this 'faulty' arya sanskriti references!Dead...hmm, no wonder...I don't want to see it either.Ouch

ShanUlas

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
One clarification; I am referring to author's take of arya sanskriti as 'faulty'...and not referring to Arya Sanskriti itself. For it does give lots of freedom to both the sexes as per my understanding. But let us wait here till it tackles the point...
ShanUlas IF-Sizzlerz
ShanUlas
ShanUlas

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 2:09pm | IP Logged

One clarification; I am referring to author's take of arya sanskriti as 'faulty'...and not referring to Arya Sanskriti itself. For it does give lots of freedom to both the sexes as per my understanding. But let us wait here till it tackles the point...

i too never meant arya sanskriti is  all about woman ...yes it does give men women their chances

since i never read novel so have no rights to say much but then the film  as i read on internet had all things from novel and their the mention of arya sanskriti in fauti way irked me...even today people r in habit of confusing  arya sanskriti with hindu sanskriti ...hindu sanskriti is the mixed wholesome development of many sanskriti together out of which arya Sanskrity is one too...writer too seemed confused and ended up in blunder ...which i meant to point
MistyDawn IF-Rockerz
MistyDawn
MistyDawn

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Too annoyed with Kusum today .. though its not a new thing.. Such a manhoos she is..Personally I would have shouted at her if she ran away with my phone.. I am sorry , I din't find it funny.. she messes up all the time with her insensitive remarks anyway.. sick of her stupid betting business and now this.. Angry she wants husband like Saras.. she wants to be daddy's favorite daughter like Kumud.. and her fake giggling is getting on my nerves..

I want my lively, forever smiling Kumari back.. Disapprove. I hate to see her like this..
enjoying technology romance.. looks very realistic in the context of the present scenario.. this is exactly how a much in love newly engaged couple are expected to behave.. checking cell phone every now and then.. that dreamy look while looking at the pics on LT screen.. posing and clicking pictures for each other.. loving all that..
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anki_KJSG

Lovely epi arshi n as usual ur post is lovely too... So KuKu sisters r back wid der betting part...i really dislyk ths part..lol btw wen kusum was helping VC in his hisab kitab kusum's dialouge really made me worried... Seems lyk kumud is gonna loose everythng wid d love of her life...

That's the problem with knowing yet not knowing a story! 

If the story were an exact adaptation, we would exactly know what was to happen, and just enjoyed it for its execution the way we enjoy all remakes like Devdas or Don

If it was a new story, we would simply sit back and wait for it to unveil itself, like the recent Ranjhanaa,  a movie of twists and turns and a complete heart breaker, but I had no idea what was coming! 

This sort of adapted remake is a different experience altogether, while we know what is to happen, the how when and where are so unknown, that we are left biting our nails at every dialogue, every line, wondering if its a doomsday prediction! 

Good job mr SLB of keeping us guessing! 

happychappy

Go to top