India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Change is the constant of life.

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
And that is why every damn shopkeeper, sabjiwala, chaatwala, autowala in India, from the 20th century to the 21st will always say "Madam change nahi hai Kya?" Big smile

Moving on from my poor sense of word play- While Uma aunty ji is hell bent on "changing" her Bahu within a month, she has forgotten that not every change will always be perceived as wrong. For if that had happened, we wouldn't have moved on from telegrams to telephones to mobile phones[Which she incidentally does use for all her scheming methodsSleepy]  For instance , the nimbu chai or Leeamon Tea as per Uma aunty Tongue Now since she has said this, I wonder if that indeed is a western influence. For I have always had lemon tea when I have a cold or during exams and I live in India where I have heard many people talk about nimbu-ki-chai. Leeamon tea indeed Wink

Chhanchhan is constantly being told to change her ways and adapt herself like the three Bahus of the house. But I would love to suggest a few "minor" changes the Borisagar Family needs to bring in too-

1- Saree this, saree that, saree ye , saree vo! Dafuq is this? Have all comfortable ,cotton, simplistic sarees gone extinct? The simple reason why fictional families like Borisagars have so much debate over sarees is because of the sheer weight of the damn thing! Chhanchhan's mother wore a saree too and it didnt look like the streets of chandni chowk for heaven's sake! Rule ka rule, comfort ka comfort. Just get a wardrobe like your mother's!  It will be a saree all the same but chhanchhan will find it much easier to wear than those heavy sequinned ones! Not to mention will look much more classy than that sly Ranjana Stern Smile

2- TEA? In many an Indian family, even the household help drinks tea along with everyone. Lets say the Bahus don't eat with the family[illogical but accepted]. Now tea? The way Kaumudi's husband behaved was as if she was a menial creature. No wonder God sent Chhanchhan to that home! What "respect" is derived from a woman not drinking tea with the family? CHAI? Don't you dare to lay your grubby hands upon this pure heavenly , revered beverage! LOL  Ek Garma chai ki pyali ho, koi uska pilane nahi... Koi usko peene wali ho! Okay?

3- Pallu ke neeche chupa Rakha hai...errr... I mean, I say all the men should go to work wearing Dhoti Kurtas and will HAVE to manage their  dhoti at work while reading the economic times. Got it? We are the traditional borisagar family. Nothing western comes into the house. GETTIT Uma aunty? What's with the Pallu seriously? I mean, women spend product after product to make their hair look "wavy shiny mulayam" like Katrina, Shilpa and Aishwarya's assistant and then they have to COVER it? The Pallu at the shoulder will still look fine. We are not in the 18th century.

4- Respect. In a house where there is so much talk about "respect", surprisingly it's a double standard one. Uma aunty teaches her sons to get respect, not GIVE it. Except Manav dhikra[*chumma*] 
They have married their wives , not got them for free in a "joote do Bahu lo" offer. If Manthan doesn't listen to his wife, she should stop talking to him. If Kaumudi's husband doesn't drink tea with her, then she should stop offering it to him. Okay, that is a bit extreme but can the husbands please be a little sensitive towards their wives however stupid they are? Learn something from Manav Atleast!! Poor Ranjana doesn't know what romance is Cry 
Just go watch some DDLJ girlie! Nothing more.

Will Uma aunty change? Will borisagar family accept change? Will fans change the channel? Will Chhanchhan change her saree? Will they change the actor playing Manav...oops! That's already done, no? Wink To know more, keep changing your channel to Sony TV. One day I swear, change will come. Tab tak chutte wale change se kaam chalao Yaar!

-Risha

Edited by Amethyst. - 25 June 2013 at 11:16am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

sarawakneethureddyjalkukdi1stp007guessimgreatSiestagolpokobita-HappyBird-SS88vanitha3dddsoapsBeauceantChaandaniyajaya100spiritDiyaS..Anita..Deedeepa1NewbiesoapfanParud_ForeverGuineashonasandyxAaliyaragzz.

SS88 IF-Dazzler
SS88
SS88

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Hiloarious!! Hahaa. Change is the constant in life- except in the Borisaagar household. No wonder they're still in the 1920s. But the winds of change are here- with their rotimakers, readymade sarees, and more yet to come. Although I've always felt that as a dress, a kameez salwar covers far more than a saree. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sarawak

golpokobita Goldie
golpokobita
golpokobita

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Very nice post.. Great things said in so light and simple manner!

'Change'.. its always a strange dilemma.. Whatever we do, we do it because we want to upgrade the existing situation..to improve our life .. so change is basically  taking things forward.. 
but every time a change appears, it faces opposition.. 
Because change is something which although does good to many, causes some mild sufferings to a few and unfortunately those 'few' are powerful ones, like UB.

Changes that CC is trying to bring in Boraisagar family are not big ones, these will not cause any harm to anyone but still it is difficult for them to accept them.. Isn't it just because accepting them would hurt their ego?? How does it cause them any loss if women are to sit with men in the dining, if they wear comfortable clothes.. Its just because they do not find it acceptable as it was being introduced by a new member of new generation. 

Anyways, I liked your advice to CC that she should follow her mother.. that serves all purposes.. why can't she wear cotton comfortable sarees?? Even ready made saree is fine.. But the problem will remain the same.. UB will then say, Boraisagar Bahu can't wear cotton saree.. That would be below their status... 

Anyways, CC has a very difficult war to fight.. war not only against UB, rather against deep-rooted beliefs, so called traditions, and primitive practices held securely by the whole Boraisagar family.

Edited by golpokobita - 25 June 2013 at 5:51pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkkkDiyaS

ipkarshi Goldie
ipkarshi
ipkarshi

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
The funny thing is She isnt trying to CHANGE her she is trying to make her NOT change so she wont fit in! :) but yeah ur right i guess:D 
DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Very nice post ... well said!!!

Will be back with more Big smile
Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Very nice post -- very well said!

Change is the only constant in life ... hopefully CC will make UB understand that and move on!

On the saree stuff ... I completely agree on the cotton saree thing... they live in Ahmedabad ( not sure the house is airconditioned!!) , those blingy saris are not only tough to carry of but hot to wear and fire hazards (  note what happens to CC this week).  What matters is comfort... so like CC used the rotla maker , she can tweak the sari rule too!!

As for chai...I think lemon tea was a bit dumb too... even if the BS men did not have it at home , they would have had it in office right ( every tea/coffee maker in India has this option!)

Let's see ... CC will move the cheese and UB will cry "Who moved my cheese" ... and we will watch ...! Hope more people tune in to watch this... they should still try to lift the execution notches up to ensure more viewership.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

shonasandy IF-Stunnerz
shonasandy
shonasandy

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
nice post Smile
MeeraHK Coolbie
MeeraHK
MeeraHK

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Agree a very good post but if u see in india ceratin house holds are still backward..thy may have well educated people bt their thinking is still backward...

As far as borisagar family is concerned agree they are backward..but slowly cc will bring lots of changes in this people..

we all knw cc is loosely based on khoobsurat old movie even there the female lead will slowly try to reform thm..same will happen here..cc will find the pros and cons of the members and work twrds that,,

In between tht small nok jhok will happen between manav and cc..

I am happty with the way things are now..jst a small Hm for c and manav will make me more happeir./..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top